Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'DockShift' Lets You Edit the Transparency and Blur of the iOS 7 Dock Background

Default 'DockShift' Lets You Edit the Transparency and Blur of the iOS 7 Dock Background

iOS 7 changed the look of the dock quite a bit. Now, it appears as a blurry transparent layer over your wallpaper, rather than a glass shelf as shown in iOS 6.

With a new free jailbreak tweak dubbed DockShift by iOS developer NG, you can now adjust the transparency level and blurriness of the iOS 7 dock background to your liking, as shown above.

DockShift adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand. In addition, you will find a list of options for transparency and blurriness:

The options you have for applying to the dock include the following:

• Transparent
    • Milk glass - opaque
    • Milk glass - bit less opaque
    • Milk glass - less opaque
    • Milk glass - bit clear
    • Milk glass - clearer
    • Milk glass - clear
    • Dark milk glass - opaque
    • Dark milk glass - bit less opaque
    • Blurried - most blurry
    • Blurried - in between
    • Blurried - clearer

With all of the options available to you, you're sure to find the right style for your iOS 7 dock. Whether you like the see-through look, the blurry look, or the opaque look, there's a style there for you.

If you want to give DockShift a try, it's available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: DockShift
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-4
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: NG
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

More and more good tweaks are showing up slowly
    But surely, hopefully a tweak that lets you show more than
    9 icons In the folders like In ios 6 lets you add 20 will be Available soon , that's one thing I do not like about ios 7. I can care less about adding unlimited apps In folders ill just be happy if I can see more than 9 freakkin apps per page!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm still yet to have one thing work from Cydia. Every tweak I have installed including this one doesn't work.
    Last edited by Spazmonic; 12-28-2013 at 08:42 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm with Spazmonic, I've installed this several times now, and there's nothing anywhere in my settings for "dockshift". Have looked through all the system settings submenus too. Kind of frustrating.

Does this require MobileSubstrate? It seems like it would just change the file for the dock background. aka would this work on a 5S? Or does the fact it adds an entry in the Settings mean it uses MobileSubstrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Robmille View Post
    I'm with Spazmonic, I've installed this several times now, and there's nothing anywhere in my settings for "dockshift". Have looked through all the system settings submenus too. Kind of frustrating.
    Get your mobile substrate working properly then it will show up in settings. Reinstall mobile substrate then respring and you should be good to go
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,950 Times in 6,529 Posts

The dock is code, not an image.

It doesn't have any effect on it, no matter which one I select.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Works on my 5c , running transparent dock and haven't had any issues. Tested them all too

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trypt4mine View Post
    Get your mobile substrate working properly then it will show up in settings. Reinstall mobile substrate then respring and you should be good to go
    Two questions:
    How do you force a respring?
    When by chance I get a respring, when it comes back it spontaneously reboots. Do you know how to make it not reboot?

Download winter board then select one of the stock themes (white icon labels for example) then deselect it and go back a screen and respring will pop up in the top left corner , click that and that's all!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trypt4mine For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-28-2013)

Thanks

Download winter board ...
    Brilliant, thanks a lot. I still get spontaneous reboots if you have an idea let me know

Doesn't work for me; I've tried installing and reinstalling mobile substrate w/ a respring/reboot. Using iPhone 5s

Quote Originally Posted by kennae1911 View Post
    Doesn't work for me; I've tried installing and reinstalling mobile substrate w/ a respring/reboot. Using iPhone 5s
    I thought there is not a working mobile substrate for 5s yet? So yeah you have to wait

Thanks for reminding me Whuds

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Brilliant, thanks a lot. I still get spontaneous reboots if you have an idea let me know
    Do you mean everytime you respring it reboots immediately after ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Need help. after installing the tweak where to find it exactly to change settings?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,950 Times in 6,529 Posts

It should be in "Settings"
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

For those whom it doesn't show up for in settings, make sure that preferenceloader is installed in cydia.
    Last edited by kaician; 12-29-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks

Do you mean everytime you respring it reboots immediately after ?
    After a respring, on opening any App (including Settings), it reboots, and the jailbreak tweaks are removed from Settings.

But I found another way around all this. After a reboot for whatever reason, I reinstall Mobile Substrate. But then I don't do a respring. Instead, I exit (kill) Settings, then start it again, and the JB tweaks appear in Settings properly.

Presumably all this will settle down and behave better in coming days and weeks. Overall, in spite of the difficulties, I like iOS 7 on the iPhone 5 a lot more than I thought I would. I really wish Apple would somehow allow JB-like changes to iOS for users that want them.

What tweaks do you have running that rely on mobile substrate ? Seems like one of them might be throwing it all off..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trypt4mine For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-29-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast