+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TabLess' Removes the Notification and Control Center Tabs from the iOS 7 Lock Screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
To simplify the lock screen even further than iOS 7 managed to do, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called TabLess by iOS developer william_vab. As shown above, TabLess
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'TabLess' Removes the Notification and Control Center Tabs from the iOS 7 Lock Screen

To simplify the lock screen even further than iOS 7 managed to do, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called TabLess by iOS developer william_vab.

As shown above, TabLess removes the Notification Center and Control Center grabbers from the top and the bottom of the Lock Screen in iOS 7. Notably, although the grabbers are hidden from view, you can still pull down to reveal Notification Center, or pull up to reveal Control Center. This is merely a cosmetic change.

With the grabbers hidden from view, the Lock Screen looks less cluttered. In addition, paired with the recently released Simplock jailbreak tweak for iOS 7, TabLess makes your Lock Screen appear minimalistic and lightweight:

To give the tweak a try, you can head over the ModMyi repository in Cydia and give it a download. TabLess has no options to configure.

Name: TabLess
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: william_vab
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

NOTE: MobileSubstrate isn't ready for the 64-bit architecture yet, nor are many jailbreak tweaks, including this one. Install on 32-bit devices only until further notice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Got this with simplock lockscreen looks awesome

Thanks

Zzzzzzzzzzzz........

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 5s supposed to run both 32 and 64 bit software?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the 5s supposed to run both 32 and 64 bit software?
    Well, the iPhone 5s wasn't built to support third-party apps the same it was built to run signed apps.

Thanks

Now need a tweak so you can swipe either direction! Or is there one already. Been out of the scene for the while. Finally replaced my original iPhone running 3.1.3 lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    It can, however if the app the tweak is hooking into is 64-bit, then the tweak must also be 64-bit. (and the springboard, which most general tweaks hook) is obviously 64-bit)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,075 Times in 3,289 Posts

None of this new iOS 7 tweaks work for me. I have a iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4. Any Idea why ? Is it because of Mobile Substrate, do i need any newer/beta versions of it ?

Thanks

Gee I wish all these tweak worked on the iphone 5.

Thanks

Wow, the lockscreen looks much cleaner now!
    Hope we can have a tweak to add a black statusbar background, so the statusbar items doesn't have to keep changing from black to white, white to black.
    Or a tweak that makes the status bar items smaller on the lockscreen, still don't get why the statusbar items are so big on the lockscreen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    None of this new iOS 7 tweaks work for me. I have a iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4. Any Idea why ? Is it because of Mobile Substrate, do i need any newer/beta versions of it ?
    Try reinstalling MobileSubstrate. If your phone turns off (because you turn it off or it runs out of battery) you'll need to reinstall MobileSubstrate when you turn the phone back on.

Thanks

so if you go to settings on notification center, disable access on lockscreen it does the samething, no need for a tweak

Green Apple
    Thanks

This doesn't work on my 5S with the newly released cydia update, the other tweaks work though

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnNYChingaz View Post
    so if you go to settings on notification center, disable access on lockscreen it does the samething, no need for a tweak
    No it doesn't. This does not disable notification center just hides the tab.