Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Simplock' Hides the "Slide to Unlock" Text From the iOS 7 Lock Screen

Default 'Simplock' Hides the "Slide to Unlock" Text From the iOS 7 Lock Screen

With iOS 7, you basically fling your lock screen to the right to unlock your device. There’s no slider you have to contain your swipes in. With that, there’s no real reason to have the text “Slide to Unlock” one one spot on the lock screen tricking users into thinking that they have to slide in that particular spot. Users find it quite obvious after swiping their finger on the screen that the lock screen is unlocked with a swipe to the right, no matter where they choose to slide their finger.

A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed Simplock by iOS developer rvirajm hides this text and gives the lock screen a more open-looking appearance, as shown above. Immediately after installing the tweak, the clutter of the "Slide to Unlock" text seemingly vanishes. Unlocking the iOS device is still done the same way as before; by swiping to the right somewhere on the lock screen's surface area.

With iOS 7 putting a huge emphasis on simplicity, this tweak’s ideals seem to add a nice touch to the operating system. Simplock has no options to configure. Notably, this tweak is only to be installed on iOS 7.0 and later – it's not meant for jailbroken iOS 6 devices.

If you want to give Simplock a try, it's available for free in Cydia's ModMyi repository.

Name: Simplock
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: rvirajm
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

NOTE: MobileSubstrate isn't ready for the 64-bit architecture yet, nor are many jailbreak tweaks, including this one. Install on 32-bit devices only until further notice.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-26-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Since MobileSubstrate isn't compatible I have edited the slide to unlock text to show nothing. What I need now is to find out the name and location of the lock slider arrow. Anyone know?

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

I just want a slide left or right tweak :L

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EddieLeonard For This Useful Post:

Cmds187 (12-26-2013)

Bubba. Try looking at this post, it shows some things about editing that on the LS.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co...my_lockscreen/

Or this one

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/1tq4dd/removed_the_from_lock_screen/
    Last edited by TeddyDiesel; 12-26-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Background? Anyone?

Background is one of the default 'stills'

Gee I wish all these tweak worked on the iphone 5.

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can't find help... I have an iPhone 5 jailbroken on 7.0.4 but can't get any tweaks or anything to work. Tweaks won't even show up on my settings menu. I have heard things like reinstalling MS or using bootstrap commands but cannot get anything to work. Thanks in advance.

I installed this and then uninstalled it, and now I can't get my text back for my slider!