Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SwitchSpring' Lets iOS 7 Users Respring or Kill Apps By Swiping Up on Home Screen Card

Default 'SwitchSpring' Lets iOS 7 Users Respring or Kill Apps By Swiping Up on Home Screen Card

The iOS 7 untethered jailbreak was released only a few days ago, and Cydia was updated Tuesday morning to version 1.1.9 with a revamped user interface for iOS 7. Now, we can begin seeing jailbreak tweaks made solely for Apple's latest iOS 7.

One of the first jailbreak tweaks created to improve on Apple's iOS 7 mobile operating system comes from a concept on Reddit by /u/mwi98. The tweak, dubbed SwitchSpring, was coded by iOS development team HASHBANG Productions, and makes it easy to either respring your iOS device, or kill all of the applications suspended in the App Switcher.

After installing the tweak, users will be able to swipe up on the Home Screen card in the App Switcher, and they’ll get a prompt asking them if they want to respring their device, or if they want to close all of the applications suspended in the App Switcher. If the user ends up swiping up on the home screen card by accident, there's also a "Cancel" button to get out of the prompt.

Notably, if the user chooses to close out of all of the applications in the App Switcher, the tweak will not close any applications that are currently playing music, so you won't have to worry about your tunes going silent when you want to free up some of your device's memory.

SwitchSpring doesn't have any options to configure. SwitchSpring offers some useful functionality to users in a seamless interface that just makes sense. If you want to give SwitchSpring a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: SwitchSpring
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-7.0.4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: HASHBANG Productions
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

NOTE: MobileSubstrate isn't ready for the 64-bit architecture yet, nor are many jailbreak tweaks, including this one. Install on 32-bit devices only until further notice.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-24-2013 at 12:09 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

pnunez1310 (12-24-2013)

Doesn't work on 5S. It installs, but swiping up on the Home Screen card does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Doesn't work on 5S. It installs, but swiping up on the Home Screen card does nothing.
    MobileSubstrate needs to be updated for full compatibility with 64-bit devices.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-24-2013 at 12:25 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (12-24-2013), pnunez1310 (12-24-2013), PokemonDesigner (12-24-2013)

Installs fine also on my iphone 5, but does nothing, swiping like crazy but nothing happens

Loving this useful first tweak on my 5c later on if you can add exempt apps because I always have messages and settings open this would be perfect.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wasnt working at first. After a reboot it started working

Really? Did you not actually read the post? 5S is 64-bit architecture, which isn't supported due to lack of support from Mobile Substrate.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Really? Did you not actually read the post? 5S is 64-bit architecture, which isn't supported due to lack of support from Mobile Substrate.
    Did YOU actually read? This post says nothing of 64-bit not working, or the tweak even requiring MobileSubstrate. It's not working on my 5th gen iPod Touch either. So before you go jumping all over people, maybe you should calm down a bit. Let him update the post if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    It doesn't work on anything with iOS 7 yet, since MS doesn't work until the tool is updated. It won't work on iPod Touch 5th Gen either.
    Last edited by DubbaCTrumpetMSU; 12-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Did YOU actually read? This post says nothing of 64-bit not working, or the tweak even requiring MobileSubstrate. It's not working on my 5th gen iPod Touch either. So before you go jumping all over people, maybe you should calm down a bit. Let him update the post if that's the case.
    64-bit devices won't run any tweaks unless they are using some third-party hacked version of Mobile Substrate, which isn't likely.

I would like to point out that the post actually does state this at the bottom under the rating.

32-bit devices are using an outdated version of MobileSubstrate. It needs to be updated for iOS 7, but it will still work on iOS 7 properly in most cases. If it doesn't, it usually just needs to be reinstalled to work properly.

I can confirm this tweak working on my iOS 7.0.4 iPhone 5.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-24-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iPhone 5, 7.0.4, doesn't work even after a reboot

I installed this on my 5, and it doesn't work either...tried rebooting and re-installing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PoomSmart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    iPhone 5, 7.0.4, doesn't work even after a reboot
    You must reinstall MobileSubstrate after a reboot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoomSmart For This Useful Post:

BrainSmashR (12-24-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoomSmart View Post
    You must reinstall MobileSubstrate after a reboot.
    Never heard of that before, why would I need to do that?
    Didn't work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Thank you. People really can be dense sometimes.

nothing works on the 5S, mobile substrate does not have arm64 support

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Hoping they sort out the MS for us soon. I'm sure missing my firewall.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 12-24-2013 at 02:00 PM.

it works on iPad 3 ,7.0.4 CDMA verizon

No effect on iPhone 4S ios 7.0.4

Worked iPhone 5
    Install
    Reboot
    Reinstall mobile substrate
    Reinstall SwitchSpring
    Last edited by Sniper488; 12-24-2013 at 03:43 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sniper488 For This Useful Post:

altoiddealer (12-24-2013), H1J1NX (12-24-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Worked iPhone 5
    Install
    Reboot
    Reinstall mobile substrate
    Reinstall SwitchSpring
    This worked for my AT&T 64GB iPhone 5.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast