Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 1.1.9 Brings an iOS 7 Visual Overhaul

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Cydia 1.1.9 Brings an iOS 7 Visual Overhaul

Early Christmas Eve, saurik released version 1.1.9 of Cydia, which gets Cydia fully working on iOS 2-7. Although under the hood it's seen changes to run smoothly on iOS 7, the most obvious update is Cydia's visual change to iOS 7's style.

The visual overhaul receives a thank you from saurik to a few people: Surenix for the new tab bar icons, myself for the UI images (icons!), and Ryan Petrich for general UIKit help. And to Optimo for late night testing.

Not all aspects of Cydia are fully skinned to the iOS 7 style; these minor areas will be addressed in further updates. At this point, saurik wanted to make sure the updated client was released so work could focus on Mobile Substrate.

We sure have come a long way since February 2008, when Cydia was released as an alternative package manager to Installer.

Merry Christmas indeed!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 12-24-2013 at 08:33 AM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (12-24-2013), blkcadi (12-24-2013), Cowboy (12-24-2013), hemptation (12-24-2013), Sage I (12-24-2013)

Wow awesome thanks guys for the update to Cydia!

Good job guys!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yugo For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-24-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hopefully we get repo support for ios7 now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't mean to sound ungrateful (because I am grateful, I can't do this on my own), but THIS is what so many people find aggravating!! Wasn't ready for the JB, still don't have a new MS, but look at the all the pretty colors and new icons that add absolutely nothing to usefulness or functionality of the program
    Last edited by BrainSmashR; 12-24-2013 at 08:53 AM.

Default evasi0n
    I'm waiting on evasi0n to release the next version of the JB tool (with less controversy), but I'm starting to wonder if there is a point anymore?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very nice love it thank you all

One question. I have Cydia 1.1.8, how do I update to Cydia 1.1.9 without fully restoring my iPhone and rejailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    One question. I have Cydia 1.1.8, how do I update to Cydia 1.1.9 without fully restoring my iPhone and rejailbreaking.
    Just update in Cydia. It will give you the essential upgrades and that's it. That's all I did.

Quote Originally Posted by IGallagher View Post
    Just update in Cydia. It will give you the essential upgrades and that's it. That's all I did.
    That's what I figured but Cydia won't load any packages. It just kinda lags out and stops refreshing.

I had the same issue at first but after a reboot it allowed everything to load properly, also make sure you completely close out Cydia running in the background before you reboot.

Thanks

How's battery life with this new jailbreak?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-24-2013)

I had the same issue at first but after a reboot it allowed everything to load properly, also make sure you completely close out Cydia running in the background before you reboot.
    Thanks so much. It worked perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Better than I expected. It feels actually quite the same as the normal 7.0.4 battery life.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PokemonDesigner For This Useful Post:

IGallagher (12-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    It really does feel the same after the jailbreak but then again no tweaks are installed since we are all waiting for a mobile substrate update.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to IGallagher For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (12-24-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

My safari stopped working after the cydia update not sure if it's related. Just letting you guys know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakyr View Post
    My safari stopped working after the cydia update not sure if it's related. Just letting you guys know!
    I think it might be unrelated. What device? My 5S 7.0.4 has no problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful (because I am grateful, I can't do this on my own), but THIS is what so many people find aggravating!! Wasn't ready for the JB, still don't have a new MS, but look at the all the pretty colors and new icons that add absolutely nothing to usefulness or functionality of the program
    You do sound rather ungrateful...saurik wasn't aware the jailbreak was going to be released when it was and for him to be able to get an updated verision of Cydia out as soon as he did (plus doing it so near xmas when I'm sure he'd rather be spending time with family and friends) I'm pretty surprised. Heck I'd rather see all the jb developers take a break and enjoy the holidays....but that's just me

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FrankJones For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (12-24-2013), buggsy2 (12-24-2013), hemptation (12-24-2013), IGallagher (12-24-2013), june13 (12-25-2013), novadam (12-24-2013), rickuk (12-24-2013), Sage I (12-24-2013), TeddyDiesel (12-24-2013)

Thanks

It really does feel the same after the jailbreak but then again no tweaks are installed since we are all waiting for a mobile substrate update.
    Very true. Cool think may jump on the bandwagon then.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

IGallagher (12-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJones View Post
    You do sound rather ungrateful...saurik wasn't aware the jailbreak was going to be released when it was and for him to be able to get an updated verision of Cydia out as soon as he did (plus doing it so near xmas when I'm sure he'd rather be spending time with family and friends) I'm pretty surprised. Heck I'd rather see all the jb developers take a break and enjoy the holidays....but that's just me
    Agreed. They appear as though they do nothing but work on JailBreak materials. They deserve more breaks, or at least for Christmas.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PokemonDesigner For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-24-2013), IGallagher (12-24-2013), june13 (12-25-2013), Sage I (12-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sakyr View Post
    My safari is working fine also but my screen did black out after trying to open Cydia after the update. I had to press the power+home button to get it to reboot and no issues since then.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast