Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia 1.1.9 Brings an iOS 7 Visual Overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^ wow, impressed N...

I've seen the light. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    It's exactly as I stated, I am grateful for any update as I lack the ability to hack my own phone, but a drink of water provides little satisfaction to a starving man. I'm sorry if you can't understand that...
    I'm sorry you can't see the untimeliness and tone of your communication. Listen, I get it. If you knew me from the theming threads you would understand how "I'm" usually the "you" in this argument. Lol!! ....Someone trying to tell me how "I'm coming across". Nuff said..

We're right around the corner from getting a real Cydia update any time soon and that's what really matters.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (12-24-2013), BrainSmashR (12-24-2013), hemptation (12-24-2013), Simon (12-25-2013)

Lol. Well. All I can say is. Thank you Jesus Lol.

NewD , Grant, Brother. I am proud of you. I mean that. Merry Christmas brother Hope you and the family have a great holiday. You should be getting a 5s yea? Or did you already get it? Either way. Thank you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (12-24-2013), King_O_Hill (12-25-2013), Simon (12-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Lol. Well. All I can say is. Thank you Jesus Lol.

NewD , Grant, Brother. I am proud of you. I mean that. Merry Christmas brother Hope you and the family have a great holiday. You should be getting a 5s yea? Or did you already get it? Either way. Thank you
    Thanks, Hemp. You're a very encouraging person. Blessed Christmas to you too, bro!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-24-2013)

I don't mean to sound ungrateful (because I am grateful, I can't do this on my own), but THIS is what so many people find aggravating!! Wasn't ready for the JB, still don't have a new MS, but look at the all the pretty colors and new icons that add absolutely nothing to usefulness or functionality of the program
    He was probably able to update most of the interface without being able to actually test it, whereas updating Mobile Substrate will surely require lots of testing before it's ready to be released or even written. I still don't think anyone really understands why the Evad3rs didn't let him test the jailbreak though.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 12-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highboi View Post
    I've been using this one. Once I get windows to dualboot I'll start making ios 7 icons
    How does one use this...where does one replace the old .png? I tried looking on my i5 with iFile, but no Cydia folder under /var/mobile/Applications

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    How does one use this...where does one replace the old .png? I tried looking on my i5 with iFile, but no Cydia folder under /var/mobile/Applications

Thanks!
    It's in /Applications/Cydia.app. The stock applications and jailbreak apps are all stored in / instead of /var/mobile.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 12-24-2013 at 07:42 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-24-2013)

I have waited this long, so what's another month or so till everybody gets on the same page?? Great work to all you techie guys and gals who worked hard on this JB and all the things that accompany it. Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you and the rest of the community! It use to be that the unlock was connected to the JB, but not so anymore, so I can wait till everybody is ready to share their brains. lol. Until then, Enjoy your Christmas with your families. Cheers! And thank you!

To anyone who has app crashes mail safari weather do this

For the next part you will need either iFile (on the device can be installed via Cydia), i-FunBox (on your computer) or iExplorer (again on your desktop)

6) Using one of the above tools navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches
    7) Locate com.apple.mobile.installation.plist and delete the file
    8) Locate com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore and delete the file
    9) Now Reboot your device
    10) Upon device reboot you may notice that some of you app icons are missing don't be alarmed this is normal it can take a few moments for them to recache and fall back onto the SpringBoard.
    11) Once all your apps have re appeared you can open the weather app as normal

Why Didnt They Updated The Icon??

Quote Originally Posted by chillin_n_livin View Post
    i keep getting this "sub-process" error code. I have an iphone 5. Can anyone help???
    anyone???? All suggestions are welcome..

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    To anyone who has app crashes mail safari weather do this

For the next part you will need either iFile (on the device can be installed via Cydia), i-FunBox (on your computer) or iExplorer (again on your desktop)

6) Using one of the above tools navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches
    7) Locate com.apple.mobile.installation.plist and delete the file
    8) Locate com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore and delete the file
    9) Now Reboot your device
    10) Upon device reboot you may notice that some of you app icons are missing don't be alarmed this is normal it can take a few moments for them to recache and fall back onto the SpringBoard.
    11) Once all your apps have re appeared you can open the weather app as normal
    This worked great to get my updated Cydia icon showing, thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,546 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

I'm sorry you can't see the untimeliness and tone of your communication. Listen, I get it. If you knew me from the theming threads you would understand how "I'm" usually the "you" in this argument. Lol!! ....Someone trying to tell me how "I'm coming across". Nuff said..

We're right around the corner from getting a real Cydia update any time soon and that's what really matters.
    Speechless. And a little proud.
    Good for you Grant

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (12-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Sigh, I still can't get the jailbreak to complete. It just gets stuck on configuring system (2/2), I've left it for an hour and still zilch.

iPhone 5s 7.0.4
    Updated via iTunes
    No pass lock on phone.

What am I doing wrong?
    I've had this happen to me 3 times in a row and discovered that if your phone is stuck here, simple power it off and then back on and the jailbreak will continue just fine! Evasi0n is waiting for your device to reboot automatically, but it never does, so a little manual intervention is required.

Happy holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Use a Mac. Windows version has serious issues. No one's had a single trouble jb'ing from a Mac.
    I would not call waiting for a reboot a serious issue.

All,

The Cydia update was more than just a visual makeover. It got the core functionality of Cydia working so that purchases can be made. After all, Cydia is primarily an eCommerce store, is it not.

Bear in mind, that you are basically seeing what happens when a JB issue and then how it is supported to enhance the user experience. So just to give some perspective lets take a quick look at what happens in a time line fashion.

First Cydia needs to be updated. Then MobileSubstrate needs to be updated. That leaves additional critical components the ability to also be updated like Preference Loader etc...

Now once the core items are in place, then the devs down the line can do their part. Just hang tight and be excited when another piece to the puzzle is put in place!

Have a happy holiday!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 12-25-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-25-2013), sashusmom (12-27-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't mean to sound ungrateful (because I am grateful, I can't do this on my own), but THIS is what so many people find aggravating!! Wasn't ready for the JB, still don't have a new MS, but look at the all the pretty colors and new icons that add absolutely nothing to usefulness or functionality of the program
    I have been saying this since IOS 7 came out! Many of us prefer the look of IOS 6.1.2, plus with a jailbroken theme, and more 3-d type icons!

-img_0303-1-.png

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234