Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS App Downloads May Touch New Record on Christmas

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default iOS App Downloads May Touch New Record on Christmas

With a record number of iOS devices expected to be gifted this week during the Christmas holiday celebration, it is expected to mean a new one-day iOS app download milestone.

In accordance with latest industry estimates, iOS mobile app downloads are expected to touch new all-time record highs on Wednesday.

Aided by a hearty combo of new device ownership and the fast-growing practice of gifting mobile apps, mobile app downloads will begin to surge on Christmas Eve, analysts say.

This Christmas is projected to set another record for app downloads, following 328 million downloads last Dec. 25 -- the busiest day ever -- and 36 percent above 2011, according to analytics firm Flurry. Additionally, a recent Harris survey found that 30 percent of Americans plan to download an app on Christmas Day.
    “One of the first things you do when you get a shiny new present is you want to take it for a test run,” Marcos Sanchez, vice president at App Annie, tells Bloomberg. “It’s the magical trifecta of something new, time to waste and wanting to fill your time with fun stuff.”

Source: Bloomberg

I think the same could be said about Cydia. With the release of 7 just yesterday, and the 6.1.3+ for A4s and A5+ later this week, I feel like everyone and their mom is going to be on Cydia.

with the 12 days free apps ect being for the first time in the usa this year i can expect a huge download boot , as for iphone sales the 5s is doing well , the 5c is a flop

*wonders if new iDevice owners will be able to download a shiny new UPDATED MODMYI APP anytime soon*
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsquaredson View Post
    I think the same could be said about Cydia. With the release of 7 just yesterday, and the 6.1.3+ for A4s and A5+ later this week, I feel like everyone and their mom is going to be on Cydia.
    I think it will be the opposite. Even if they get MS working, it'll be a few more days before tweaks start getting updated to work on iOS 7.