+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iOS 7 Jailbreak Story

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mr117 Wow! I've kept off this thread because, well, it's so crazy. It's got paranoids, posters attacking Kyle, posters attacking saurick, posters attacking devs, rampant nuttiness, people
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Wow! I've kept off this thread because, well, it's so crazy. It's got paranoids, posters attacking Kyle, posters attacking saurick, posters attacking devs, rampant nuttiness, people who haven't bothered to read any posts but post asking for information, more paranoids, posters talking about the "rightness" of donations, and on and on.

Really, people? This is what the "community" has come to? I'm running a 5S and, except for not being able to use biteSMS and a few GUI changes I'd like to make on the Homescreen (Apple finally got the Lockscreen right expect for the answer call button/color), I'm having no issues with a stock phone. I'm not sure I will even bother with a jailbreak. Especially after reading all of this crud.

Chinese mafia? NSA? Folks, if the NSA wants to read your "hidden" texts to your other girlfriend, it can already do so. Where have you been since 2004? And anyone who saves credit card numbers to a phone they can put down on a table and walk away from by mistake is not worth worrying about. As to the Chinese mafia, what?????

你們這些人堅果還是什麼?所有的中國想要的是你去購買他們的東西在沃爾瑪。他們不關心你的手機。除非你想從 他們那裡購買的。他們正在破壞美國的工人階級和你擔心你的手機,雅糟糕的共產黨員。得到的生活 。

OMG, the Chinese mafia have taken over my phone. 我們知道你住的地方,roundeye,我們會埋葬你。不,等等,這是赫魯曉夫和俄羅斯。什麼毛說什麼?哦 ,對了,“我們認為太小了,像青蛙在井的底部,他認為天空是唯一的一樣大井的頂部。如果他浮出水面,他將有 一個完全不同的看法。”是啊,你想想。

"The Chinaman is not the issue here Dude!"

Thanks

Mr117. This jailbreak was done out if pure greed and I don't trust you or evaders epically the Chinese which are notorious for hacking and espionage. If anyone else would of released a jailbreak like this the evaders would of blasted them.

It used to be hack it because you can. Looks like those days are gone.

I used to donate, but when pure greed takes over never again.

Everyone so desperate for a jailbreak they don't care. I do
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

The biggest joke in all of this is WhoTF are you? Why are the Chinese going to waste their time and resources tracking you? LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrainSmashR For This Useful Post:

bbrks (12-23-2013)

Thanks

Stunning how people are so quick to jump to wrong conclusions.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Unreal, how can this be, is it possible that people like towboattrash34 are real. This must be a joke, maybe hidden Chinese camera
    Anyhow, please continue, good fun let me grab a beer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    I'm running a 5S and, except for not being able to use biteSMS and a few GUI changes I'd like to make on the Homescreen (Apple finally got the Lockscreen right expect for the answer call button/color), I'm having no issues with a stock phone. I'm not sure I will even bother with a jailbreak.
    I just upgraded to iOS 7.0.4 on an iPhone 5 because of this JB. iOS 7 on the i5 seems better than iOS 7 on my iPad 3, which still exhibits slight pauses during typing or tapping, just enough to be annoying. But iOS 7 still needs to be JB'ed for many, including me. Here are my reasons:
    • MyWi. Eff AT&T, I pay for 2GB/month, why should they charge more so I can use those 2GB on another device? I could sorta understand for unlimited data, but I alreay pay for capped data. Don't charge more just to share it.
    • The homescreen still doesn't display the date along with the time. With the JB I can make it so, and a number of other small-but-useful tweaks.
    • Not having the fingerprint sensor, but wanting to have a PIN for a bit of protection, but being annoyed at having to enter the PIN constantly in the safety of my own home....CleverPIN and others disable the PIN for wifi's you select. Clever indeed, and Apple should have built this in long ago.
    There are other JB apps of course, but those 3 are the ones I really like and use. Apple will never allow an app for tethering, so JB is a must.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. That's a different question. .. And one I can't speak to. Though where did you hear that there's a 'different Cydia' in this first jailbreak tool? Cydia is Cydia. I'm not sure about the notion of an 'official' and 'unofficial' Cydia. Anyone?
    From what I understand the current cydia is unofficial. So in my mind if it's unofficial then how will we be able to updated to the official version?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinds90 View Post
    From what I understand the current cydia is unofficial. So in my mind if it's unofficial then how will we be able to updated to the official version?
    I've heard that too.. it just doesn't sound logical/believable. We've never had an 'official/unofficial' Cydia before. Saurik did rewrite Cydia to download a bunch of Sources right with the jailbreak for iOS6.. That was nice so we didn't have to wait in LONG LINES for Cydia to download source over the air.. But Cydia - whether with the bundled source in the evasi0n jailbreak tool or downloaded from over the air were all for the 'official' Cydia. So though I hear talk of this 'unofficial' Cydia - it's just not logical to me. As you read more - please bring back some links to 'solid official' sources that you can link for us to read for ourselves. Too much 'he said/she said' in the early days of a jailbreak. We need first hand info. All the rest is just hearsay.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.
    The Dude: Walter, this isn't a guy who built the railroads here. This is a guy...

Well, it took what, about 5 minutes for another one to pop up with a load of craziness? People, do you not read what you are posting before you hit the submit button? Trust me, you should.

Thanks

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

From the man himself that hopefully shuts all you conspiracy theory folks up finally:

Geohot: "I found nothing sketchy in my reversing, your phones most likely aren't being backdoored by Chinese."

Thanks

pod2g tweeted this statement- http://evasi0n.com/l.html

Ze plot thickens...

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG I have to unsubscribe from this thread...I had no idea there were so many stupid people in the world, much less on one website!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So besides our notifications settings being reset, I noticed my iPhone 5S got unregistered on "find my iphone". Doing a fresh restore and waiting for now brahs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post
    From the man himself that hopefully shuts all you conspiracy theory folks up finally:

Geohot: "I found nothing sketchy in my reversing, your phones most likely aren't being backdoored by Chinese."
    Of course he found nothing. Just like evad3rs said - just like Kyle confirmed. Many independent sources confirmed this. Just a few 'drama' mavens out there in TwitterLand want to drums up a story. So NOT worth our time. Now evad3rs SHOULD have told us about the Chinese deal they cut for $. I agree with people who have expressed their frustration as that being the main reason for the early push out of the jailbreak - to get a 6-figure payment for Christmas. But all the rest has been pure drivel (nonsense).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGod View Post
    pod2g tweeted this statement- Letter to the Community

Ze plot thickens...
    You're late to the party. That notice has been out and commented on everywhere since a few hours after the jailbreak dropped.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post

"Most likely" is comforting. But what's the explanation for this?...
    233218ykklkq3zl3c7ck77.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Attachment 650332
    What are you implying is proved by that?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,277 Posts

He's implying that data is being offloaded on an external site. Maybe the Chinese Mafia. Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    He's implying that data is being offloaded on an external site. Maybe the Chinese Mafia. Lol
    Lol.. Nonsense..

(Hey -- For once we're on the same side of an argument... )

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Attachment 650332
    My very rough understanding of this is that this user IS in China; ie with the Taig installed. The Taig app DOES call home. That is what this shows.

If you are not in China, and/or don't have the Chinese language as your main iphone language, NOTHING from Taig gets installed and this is a non-issue as Geohot confirmed. He is the expert on this stuff (the original jailbreaker), and not an evad3r, so I do trust his word.

None of the true experts have found any calls to this IP, site, etc in the English version.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast