Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iOS 7 Jailbreak Story

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Jesus loves everybody

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
    My pleasure.. and just as an update before I head out the door.. I monitored about 16 hours straight before I had to leave today and not a single connection to China showed up.

I am personally satisfied with the jailbreak.. as for Cydia and tweaks/apps not being ready for primetime.. folks, it's like that with every major release of iOS .. it takes weeks if not months for developers to catch up.

Off topic.. but ..

One thing to note, MyWi is listed as a working app in iOS 7 but in my experience, I could never get it to work.. the app ran just fine, but I never was able to tether with it a single time...

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    My pleasure.. and just as an update before I head out the door.. I monitored about 16 hours straight before I had to leave today and not a single connection to China showed up.

I am personally satisfied with the jailbreak.. as for Cydia and tweaks/apps not being ready for primetime.. folks, it's like that with every major release of iOS .. it takes weeks if not months for developers to catch up.

Off topic.. but ..

One thing to note, MyWi is listed as a working app in iOS 7 but in my experience, I could never get it to work.. the app ran just fine, but I never was able to tether with it a single time...
    See these links, they keep updating:

iOS 7 Tweaks

List of iOS 7 compatible jailbreak tweaks
    Last edited by oneduality; 12-24-2013 at 12:41 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to oneduality For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-24-2013)

its really good

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Yeah just read this on twitter

Can someone start a thread working cydia apps for each 4/4s/5/5s ?
    You got a couple of good links to where the compatibility lists are being updated daily. As far as a thread where we can talk about what we're experiencing and to compare notes… I already started such a thread in the user news section. Just a search for "compatibility". You'll see it. I'm traveling now or I would get you the link myself..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

WHUDS (12-25-2013)

there is a Bootstrap app that helps with stability you have have to add

repo.cydiahacks.com to the sources then the bootstrap utility is there. It was moved today from another repo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

After reading this thread there is only one thing left to be said. If you do not trust the JB then stop posting on hear as it has nothing to do with these guys and you can spend your time doing something else. The fact that everyone is trying so hard to prove their point with no proof kills me. Like it was said earlier that is an hour of my life I will never get back.

I am surprised no one hd posted this link yet Sam Marshall - Post-Evasi0n 7 Breakdown
    I post without comment. They are his views and I do not agree with his conclusion.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I am surprised no one hd posted this link yet Sam Marshall - Post-Evasi0n 7 Breakdown
    I post without comment. They are his views and I do not agree with his conclusion.
    Though his engineering skills seem sound - he's just another "opinion" as to motives, etc. Engineers should stick to engineering. He's wrong about the. 7.0.5 patch being imminent IMHO. The bottom line is that there is no spying from China happening on our phones.

Thanks for the article, Confucius .

Quote Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
    After reading this thread there is only one thing left to be said. If you do not trust the JB then stop posting on hear as it has nothing to do with these guys and you can spend your time doing something else. The fact that everyone is trying so hard to prove their point with no proof kills me. Like it was said earlier that is an hour of my life I will never get back.
    Ok genius, so there was no hint of anything fishy going on, hey? Then tell me why evasi0n 1.0.0 was 29MB but 1.0.1 is only 16MB. No help from the community please, I want bookem to answer this one.

An hour of your life you'll never get back? As least nothing of value was wasted here then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Ok genius, so there was no hint of anything fishy going on, hey? Then tell me why evasi0n 1.0.0 was 29MB but 1.0.1 is only 16MB. No help from the community please, I want bookem to answer this one.

An hour of your life you'll never get back? As least nothing of value was wasted here then.
    I would like to have you show me where it shows that I think it is safe in my post you quoted. All I was trying to say is that people that do not have proof should not post their best guess. I have done a little more research and have found things that made me restore my phone back to stock and then use the newest version to jailbreak again. I think you may want to re read my post if you thought I was saying it was safe.

Respectfully submitted

Happy new year

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Engineers should stick to engineering.
    Yes, because the ignorant have done so well with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
    I would like to have you show me where it shows that I think it is safe in my post you quoted. All I was trying to say is that people that do not have proof should not post their best guess. I have done a little more research and have found things that made me restore my phone back to stock and then use the newest version to jailbreak again. I think you may want to re read my post if you thought I was saying it was safe.

Respectfully submitted

Happy new year
    Sorry. I may have misunderstood your post. Happy new year to you too :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Sorry. I may have misunderstood your post. Happy new year to you too :-)
    No worries. With all the people coming up with so much misinformation it is easy to get off track. Have good one

I agree. There's a whole lot of conjecture out there right now.. Not a lot of facts. The only facts we have - proved with evidence presented us:

1) There was never any danger of our phones being spied on from China first or second evasi0n tool. Proved by Geohot's and several other 3rd party checkers with no vested interest using monitoring tools for several days.

2) the TaiG store was never installed on non-Chinese phones - even in version 1.0.0. Proven by several reputable and 3rd party people to the Jailbreaking scene. It was bundled in the 1.0.0 PACKAGE that we downloaded to our computers - which is why it's size is larger than 1.0.1.. But TaiG never injected to our phones unless they were Chinese language detected.

So that dispels 90% of the drama there.

But in time we'll know even more facts.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-27-2013 at 01:26 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-27-2013)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011