+ Reply
Page 1 of 29 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iOS 7.x iDevice with evasi0n 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
{last updated March 1st, 2014} This Windows and OS X guide will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using evasi0n 7 . The current version of evasi0n 7 is
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default How to Jailbreak your iOS 7.x iDevice with evasi0n 7

{last updated March 1st, 2014}

This Windows and OS X guide will teach you how to jailbreak various devices using evasi0n 7. The current version of evasi0n 7 is 1.0.7. Note this is an UNTETHERED JAILBREAK, meaning you can reboot your phone just like you normally would.

This guide should be used with the following device/firmware combinations (if you're not sure, here's how to find your iOS firmware version and how to find your iOS device type):
    • iPhone 4 | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPhone 4S | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPhone 5 | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPhone 5S | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPhone 5C | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPod touch 5G | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPad 2 | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • The New iPad (third generation) | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPad With Retina Display (fourth generation) | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPad Mini | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPad Mini with Retina Display | 7.0 through 7.0.4
    • iPad Air | 7.0 through 7.0.4

NOTE: The team that put together this jailbreak (@pimskeks, @planetbeing, @pod2g, and @MuscleNerd) IS accepting donations - please feel free to donate via PayPal if you're able! All proceeds from your contributions will go to Public Knowledge, Electronic Frontier Foundation and Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure to help protect jailbreaking as your legal right. You can also donate on the evasi0n website (same PayPal); scroll down and click the green Contribute button.

NOTE: Before running the evasi0n 7 jailbreak, you should fully back up your data via iTunes and restore to 7.0.4.

If you are on a lower firmware version than iOS 7.0.4 (again, here's how to check), it is highly recommended you update your phone to iOS 7.0.4 BEFORE jailbreaking. If you haven't yet, you should do this through iTunes, NOT over the air (it's ok if you already have).

Alright, let's assume you're now on iOS 7.0.4 (this guide will also work on firmware versions 7.0 through 7.0.4, but it is best to update to 7.0.4) and backed up.

Let's get started. First thing you'll need to do is download the version of evasi0n 7 for your operating system. You can do so on evasi0n.com or from these mirrors:

OS X evasi0n 7 1.0.7 at mod.my/evasi0n7mac107.
    Windows evasi0n 7 1.0.7 at mod.my/evasi0n7win107.

Double-click the zip file to unzip it if your browser didn't automatically unzip the file.

Making sure your device is connected, and only one device, right-click the evasi0n icon and choose open from the menu to launch it. You may be prompted to allow an application for a new developer - click Open.

You will see the evasi0n home screen, and evasi0n should tell you your device (and firmware version) is detected. Click the Jailbreak button to begin.

evasi0n will then go through many status messages while it jailbreaks your device. This process also can take a few minutes. Do not touch or unplug the device during this process.

At the end of this process, evasi0n will let you know there is now a new evasi0n 7 icon on your iDevice, and to unlock your device and tap the icon. ONLY TAP THE ICON ONCE, LEAVING YOUR DEVICE CONNECTED. It will restart.

After restarting, evasi0n 7 will run through more status messages as it continues to jailbreak your iDevice. Don't touch anything.

When it is ready, evasi0n 7 will ask you to unlock your device to continue. Do so, and the device will reboot once again.

More status messages, and then a message saying Done!

Cydia is now on your iDevice! You can press Exit in evasi0n 7 now - your jailbreak is complete.

That's it! You're now holding a jailbroken device. Not too bad, eh?
    Last edited by Simon; 12-27-2013 at 07:22 AM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (12-22-2013), Chula (12-23-2013), drjaycee (01-28-2014), LudaChris (12-22-2013), meth357 (12-31-2013), punjabi212 (12-22-2013), Werty12 (12-22-2013), xWalmartCandyx (12-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Omg yes the best Christmas present for idevice yet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Work all night and this is what I come home to. Donation will be given!

Thanks

thank you, what about 6.1.4?
    Merry Christmas to all!!!

Thanks

Love you ♥♥♥ merry christmas

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I was reading posts about how the jbreakers were paid by apple and there was no way the jb was coming ... Then bam. Still rocking ios 6.1.2 jb

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colwood For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (12-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please, is there any way to preserve baseband of iPhone 4 (currently on iOS5) while updating to iOS7?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wassgha View Post
    Please, is there any way to preserve baseband of iPhone 4 (currently on iOS5) while updating to iOS7?
    Why preserve your phone, it should be out of contact now so you can call them up and unlock it that way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NeckboneNick For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-22-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Merry Christmas guys thank you!!! 🎅🎁🎉 time to update!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, a bit confused here.. This post claims this will work on ipad2 6.0 to 7.0.4.. BUT, when you look at the readme.txt in the download you see this:

DESCRIPTION:

- evasi0n7 1.0 is an untethered jailbreak for all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

- MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
    - Windows (XP minimum)

SUPPORTED FIRMWARES:

- iOS 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.1beta1, 7.1beta2

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
    - Those who use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
    - Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
    - Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click "Jailbreak". Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
    - Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
    - If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.

FAQ:

If you have any questions regarding the jailbreak process or jailbreaking in general
    please go to the Jailbreak QA dedicated website: Jailbreak QA
    or see their help page for evasi0n: JailbreakQA evasi0n help - JailbreakQA
    or try /r/jailbreak on Reddit: iOS Jailbreak (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch!)

SOOO, Now what? Whats right n whats wrong? Wanna JB my ipad2 on 6.1.3 but ill be damned if I trash it n HAVE to go to 7 if it goes sideways on me.. Yeah I know, it's not a phone.. Just wanted some clarification.. Thx..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Thanks - edited! This is 7.0 and up. ih8sn0w is releasing something soon which works on 6.1.3-6.1.5 (https://twitter.com/iH8sn0w/status/414739954791899136).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Baitcaster (12-22-2013), metaserph (12-26-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, although this release is welcome,
    has nobody stopped to wonder why now? your all so keen to get your hands on the jailbreak, with the release of 7.1 coming soon it seems very strange that the jailbreak is out now.
    I can think of two possible reasons for the release at this time, either the community has put so much pressure on the team they have decided to release now, and burn there exploits.
    It seems obvious to me that this means there will be no jailbreak for 7.1, which is a shame, I would have been quite happy to wait for 7.1 but it seems to me the community is greedy and keeps saying I want this now without thinking why it is better to wait.
    Either way I am quite sure we won't be getting a release for 7.1 and who knows maybe the release now means this is the last jailbreak for ios we will see.
    The second reason I can think of is maybe some or all of the team has been hired by apple in which case again no more jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Not to sound ungrateful but I was hoping they would waited til 7.1

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (12-22-2013)

Thanks

OMG!!! Same here @RushLi I just got off from work and I'm glad I check ModMyi this morning and see this what I have been waiting for! This is a the best Christmas gift ever!!! Thank-you for all your hard work and donation will be given for sure..... And I just finish jailbreaking my iPhone 5S and it works great... Thanks a million and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone cookbenj's Avatar
    Thanks

hi just tried evasion on my 5s and it got stuck on apple logo then i got a blue screen.. managed to get it into dfu mode to restore but will not be jailbreaking it until they update it

Thanks
    Thanked 8,875 Times in 4,447 Posts

This is very surprising. I agree - can't imagine why they didn't wait for 7.1.. I'm both excited AND worried..

And most importantly almost none of the common tweaks we all use are ready for iOS7.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Stuck at Apple logo after it was completed....

Thanks

Awesome!!! Jailbroken w/I any issues. iPhone5. Now we need a list of what cydia apps are updated...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    7.1 beta is out. Obviously, if they released it now it's because at least one of the exploits necessary for the jailbreak has been patched on 7.1

25. The Following User Says Thank You to charliebee For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (12-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,875 Times in 4,447 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee View Post
    7.1 beta is out. Obviously, if they released it now it's because at least one of the exploits necessary for the jailbreak has been patched on 7.1
    Makes sense.. Then I'm worried 7.1 will have some essential updates we all need.. And if jail broken on 7.0.4... We're stuck without those needed fixes.. Hope I'm wrong..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!