Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iOS 7.x iDevice with evasi0n 7

Ok ... am I missing something. Jailbreak went fine but when I "restore from backup" Cydia disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by mmijode View Post
    Ok ... am I missing something. Jailbreak went fine but when I "restore from backup" Cydia disappears.
    Most people recommend NOT TO restore from backups.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

My iPhone5 restore went fine. My iPad2 restore crashed.

I started again and did not restore the iPad2. Alternatively the iPhone5 is still working.

You may also to to respring to get everything working.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmijode View Post
    You should sync your backup data before you jailbreak. You will need to start over. Restore, sync data, then jailbreak.
    As posted above about restoring from backup, you should set up as 'new phone'.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-09-2014)

Is the new iPad Air (ARM64) jailbreakable with evasi0n7?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Is the new iPad Air (ARM64) jailbreakable with evasi0n7?
    Mine was through Evasi0n7 on its release day, yep. Works !
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Mine was through Evasi0n7 on its release day, yep. Works !
    Thanks, Froggy.. Jes' checkin'.. for someone else.. .. In America it's still illegal to jailbreak iPads.. But I have a friend in 'Europe' who wanted to know..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-13-2014)

I am having some trouble. every time i try to run the jailbreak it goes fine until the very end. After clicking on
    the envision app i go to reboot fs it tells me to unlock the device and then disappears off my computer. the app is still there
    no cydia just nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
    ipad 4 runnng 7.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by aratnmot View Post
    I am having some trouble. every time i try to run the jailbreak it goes fine until the very end. After clicking on
    the envision app i go to reboot fs it tells me to unlock the device and then disappears off my computer. the app is still there
    no cydia just nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
    ipad 4 runnng 7.0.4
    Happened to me last night jailbreaking my wifes ipad mini.. What i did was i backed up first to icloud then restored and update through itunes. Then after restoring from icloud i run the jailbreak again and everything went fine. Just make sure you memorize your icloud account for activation or turn off the find my phone from icloud setting before restoring to be safe..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onski For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2014)

I fixed the jailbreak thanks

Alrighty, my apps were stuck in waiting mode so I plugged into iTunes and they finished downloading then I decided what the hey might as well do a backup. Now no more cydia. Does that mean I have to re jail break ?

Quote Originally Posted by aratnmot View Post
    Alrighty, my apps were stuck in waiting mode so I plugged into iTunes and they finished downloading then I decided what the hey might as well do a backup. Now no more cydia. Does that mean I have to re jail break ?
    Run evasi0n and proceed with the jailbreak it should be bring up cydia icon after few reboot

Is the mobile substrate fixed and everything? I'm still waiting to jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 1,136 Posts

Yes

It is renamed: Cydiasubstrate

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyNotCallMeRo For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2014)

Has anybody experienced losing the "Exit Safe Mode" option at the top of the screen in the status bar after you've crashed into safe mode? I've been through several restores since the first jailbreak on evasi0n 1.0.1 (the only evasi0n jailbreak, by the way, that works for me on 5S without breaking the BigBoss repo in Cydia) and each time I've done it I don't have the ability to exit safemode when a crash happens. Only some other respring tool will get me out of safe mode. So it's not like I'm stuck forever… But I was just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the loss of exit safemode?

I did read about a tweak called "Safe Mode Fix for iOS 7" from the third-party repo parrotgeek.net/repo/ .... But I just tried it, was able to reproduce a safe mode, and the tweak doesn't work for me on 5S. The Exit Safe Mode words appear in the status bar but you try to click on them and it doesn't respring for you.

Any thoughts?

Has anybody experienced losing the "Exit Safe Mode" option at the top of the screen in the status bar after you've crashed into safe mode? I've been through several restores since the first jailbreak on evasi0n 1.0.1 (the only evasi0n jailbreak, by the way, that works for me on 5S without breaking the BigBoss repo in Cydia) and each time I've done it I don't have the ability to exit safemode when a crash happens. Only some other respring tool will get me out of safe mode. So it's not like I'm stuck forever… But I was just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the loss of exit safemode?

I did read about a tweak called "Safe Mode six for iOS 7" from the third-party repo parrotgeek.net/repo/ .... But I just tried it, was able to reproduce a safe mode, and the tweak doesn't work for me on 5S. The Exit Safe Mode words appear in the status bar but you try to click on them and it doesn't respring for you.

Any thoughts?
    Havent seen that "exit save mode" since i jailbroken my 5s.. That would be handy especially now that im having occasional crashes.. Or was that a feature included in sbsettings?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

I did read about a tweak called "Safe Mode Fix for iOS 7" from the third-party repo parrotgeek.net/repo/ .... But I just tried it, was able to reproduce a safe mode, and the tweak doesn't work for me on 5S. The Exit Safe Mode words appear in the status bar but you try to click on them and it doesn't respring for you.

Any thoughts?
    Yes. I have same thing on my 5s. I just respring with winterboard.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes. I have same thing on my 5s. I just respring with winterboard.
    Ok. Thanks, Simon. Just wanted to check that I don't have a "special phone" again - like I usually do..

Simon you run similar tweaks to what I have. Do you perchance have the crash into safe mode on reboot at this point?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

Ok. Thanks, Simon. Just wanted to check that I don't have a "special phone" again - like I usually do..

Simon you run similar tweaks to what I have. Do you perchance have the crash into safe mode on reboot at this point?
    Nope. Not getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nope. Not getting that.
    Uggh. Can you PM me your tweak list, at your convenience? I want to do some comparing.. TIA

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast