+ Reply
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iOS 7.x iDevice with evasi0n 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Have I just been lucky to jailbrake my iphone 5c which has had ota updates since 7.0 and ipad mini ota since 6.1.4 without problems? From what I've read I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Have I just been lucky to jailbrake my iphone 5c which has had ota updates since 7.0 and ipad mini ota since 6.1.4 without problems?
    From what I've read I thought it wasn't possible if you have ota'd in the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 4,562 Posts

Yes, this has been a remarkably stable jailbreak, ITSELF, so far. With little working from Cydia we get the vantage point of using our phones with only the jailbreak daily.. And my iPhone 4 is smooth.

And no brightness problem after Respring - like we had with ios6 JB !! And dare we hope - Anthony are you out there? - does this JB allow us to keep our Battery usage levels after a Respring????? Could it be true? Battery usage figures would disappear after Respring in the evasi0n jailbreak for ios6... So annoying.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-24-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (12-24-2013)

Thanks

My battery stats reset and when I go to settings then notifications and what's switched on theres nothing in the in section and everything is listed as switched off

Thanks

So far i got only 2 apps working on my 5s; ifile and f.lux, i didnt bother trying apps that required mobile substrate as its useless anyway..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onski For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Matatoto's Avatar
    Thanks

If u get stuck on conf 1/2. It happen with OTA updates. It happen to me. I backup. Restore. Put all my content back on. Then jailbreak all it's good. iPhones 5s, mini 2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Matatoto For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-25-2013)

Thanks

Restore my 5s back to IOS7.0.4. at this point the jailbreak is useless.

Thanks
    Cydia just updated now looks like it belongs on iOS 7.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ipodjunkie85 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 4,562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onski View Post
    So far i got only 2 apps working on my 5s; ifile and f.lux, i didnt bother trying apps that required mobile substrate as its useless anyway..
    Actually MobileSubstrate works fine - in and of itself (according to a reputable dev here).. It's the tweaks themselves that need updating. But many people are running Gridlock successfully which uses MobileSubstrate. So do some testing. You'll be fine. Most tweaks are not ready and won't work at all yet. But having MobileSubstrate loaded won't add any instability to your phone in and of itself.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (12-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGIAMIU View Post
    Restore my 5s back to IOS7.0.4. at this point the jailbreak is useless.
    I have no Idea what good a JB is without Cydia and Apps? What does it do with just the JB? And then I read of the many problems posted right after JB and then some post its stable, to me stable means few if any problems. Do we not need Apps to fully test and say its stable? How about restarts, crashes and battery life? Its barely 24 hours..........too soon to praise the JB IMHO

Thanks

Will do a restore. Will save SHSH files. But will not jailbreak yet.

1) many reporting glitches with ipad2 which is the most popular iPad. Mine is on Verizon also so not sure on being compatible. Longer plan is need to find an iPad that has verizon 4G data to buy and jailbreak.

2) many reporting problems with WINDOWS version of the jailbreak. That it takes 15 to 20 minutes to work. Win7 computers are everywhere so would think this would have had more testing and reporting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Matatoto's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreak it's useless right now. But if you don't jailbreak now... You won't later on. Apple will patch if they want (7.0.5) or 7.1 coming up. I would jail break n just leave it like that for now. All of mine are just sitting there til everything get updated.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matatoto For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-25-2013), Hip5 (12-24-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bird_33 View Post
    Mine too im on a iPad 2 16GB WiFi iOS 7.0
    Me too . iPad 2, I updated through iTunes and jailbroke but I keep getting stuck on a boot loop. Each time I have to do a restore. Does anyone know a way around this issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    OK, a bit confused here.. This post claims this will work on ipad2 6.0 to 7.0.4.. BUT, when you look at the readme.txt in the download you see this:

DESCRIPTION:

- evasi0n7 1.0 is an untethered jailbreak for all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

- MacOSX 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8
    - Windows (XP minimum)

SUPPORTED FIRMWARES:

- iOS 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.1beta1, 7.1beta2

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
    - Those who use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
    - Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
    - Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click "Jailbreak". Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
    - Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
    - If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.

FAQ:

If you have any questions regarding the jailbreak process or jailbreaking in general
    please go to the Jailbreak QA dedicated website: Jailbreak QA
    or see their help page for evasi0n: JailbreakQA evasi0n help - JailbreakQA
    or try /r/jailbreak on Reddit: iOS Jailbreak (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch!)

SOOO, Now what? Whats right n whats wrong? Wanna JB my ipad2 on 6.1.3 but ill be damned if I trash it n HAVE to go to 7 if it goes sideways on me.. Yeah I know, it's not a phone.. Just wanted some clarification.. Thx..
    Having iPad 2 issues like others. Getting stuck in Apple logo boot loop after several tries ;^(...

Thanks

Hello,

So this jailbreak is out of issues? 3 days after release and there isn't any update! Still 1.0.0 version. Did the team working on fix errors?

Nicos

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Scared the **** out of me. Got stuck on windows logo, tried to restore via itunes DFU, kept getting error 3014. Changed my hosts file back to default and I'm currently restoring to iOS 7.0.4 at this very moment.

I am gonna give it one more try after it restores, I read that there are still bugs to be worked out jailbreaking an iPhone 5S. Hopefully it works!

Success!
    Last edited by jordolang; 12-24-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks

if you are having trouble do a restore. but do not restore your backup. just activate your iphone to get it basic functional with no apps. then jailbreak it. after jailbreak is working restore your apps. this worked better for me last time i did a jailbreak a year ago. try this and see what happens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Having iPad 2 issues like others. Getting stuck in Apple logo boot loop after several tries ;^(...
    Same here

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    I have no Idea what good a JB is without Cydia and Apps? What does it do with just the JB? And then I read of the many problems posted right after JB and then some post its stable, to me stable means few if any problems. Do we not need Apps to fully test and say its stable? How about restarts, crashes and battery life? Its barely 24 hours..........too soon to praise the JB IMHO
    In short, cydia makes it easier to acquire and install apps, but it's not the only method. The JB is what gives you root access.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BrainSmashR For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-25-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Has anyone else lost weather in notification center? I installed a few tweaks ( activator beta, respring, and burst mode). All notifications suddenly reset again and I lost weather. Tried uninstalling tweaks in reverse and rebooted several times with no luck. Reminds me of the last jb where the weather icon would crash.

Green Apple
    Thanks

noob question...
    got an iphone 4s on 5.1.1FW ,should i just update to 7.0.4 or DFU to 7.0.4? before jaibreaking
    thanks and Happy holidays..