+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hackers iH8sn0w and Winocm Tease Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4, & 6.1.5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
While the evad3rs are working on a jailbreak for iOS 7 , other hackers are putting their energy towards older versions of iOS; specifically, iOS 6.1.3, iOS 6.1.4, and iOS
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS Hackers iH8sn0w and Winocm Tease Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4, & 6.1.5

While the evad3rs are working on a jailbreak for iOS 7, other hackers are putting their energy towards older versions of iOS; specifically, iOS 6.1.3, iOS 6.1.4, and iOS 6.1.5.

On Sunday, iOS hackers iH8sn0w and Winocm teased a running untethered jailbreak on an iPod touch 5g running iOS 6.1.3. iH8sn0w notes that the jailbreak will run on any device (except the Apple TV 3) running iOS 6.1.3 up to iOS 6.1.5, including A5 and later devices.

You can watch the demonstration video of the jailbreak below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

There is no ETA for this jailbreak at this point in time, but back in October, Winocm seemed pretty confident that the jailbreak would be released before 2014. Winocm kindly asks that those following the progress of the jailbreak refrain from constantly asking about ETA updates, as the jailbreak will simply be done when it's done, and no sooner.

News on this jailbreak is sure to perk the ears of those that accidentally updated from iOS 6.1.2 and earlier and have been without a jailbreak for a while. It will also prove useful to those that are avoiding iOS 7 due to the major changes in the user interface of Apple's flagship mobile operating system, which appear to be disliked by a major portion of the iOS user base.

Sources: iH8sn0w
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-21-2013 at 10:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

FireSpyder (12-21-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sometime next year lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrLingerLonger View Post
    Sometime next year lol
    Next year isn't too far away :-)

Thanks

#evad3rsLOL don't make me laugh - if you look into payroll- you will find the REAL NAMES of the evad3rs team working for APPLE as a independent contractor project - Apple's iOS7 is putting all it's attention to keeping iOS7 secure- GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS DEPEND ON IT - research BLOOMBERG for the names- COMMON SENSE, iOS7 introduced into the Government with High Grade National Security- but we'll let a jailbreaker leave an exploit to chance to publicize a jailbreak -
    WE'RE DONE KIDS- APPLE PAID- GAME OVER

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm paranoid much. It's just a jailbreak. Apple plugs the leaks and moves on. If they wanted to they could pursue legal action against them, but They don't because apple knows that a section of its consumers consider a jailbreak as a necessity. I don't understand where you're paranoia stems from though. So what if they worked for apple (on some parallel universe...) a publicly released streamlined jailbreak does no harm...

*edit - meant to relate the statement of apple pursuing the evaders to the way Sony got geohot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
    #evad3rsLOL don't make me laugh - if you look into payroll- you will find the REAL NAMES of the evad3rs team working for APPLE as a independent contractor project - Apple's iOS7 is putting all it's attention to keeping iOS7 secure- GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS DEPEND ON IT - research BLOOMBERG for the names- COMMON SENSE, iOS7 introduced into the Government with High Grade National Security- but we'll let a jailbreaker leave an exploit to chance to publicize a jailbreak -
    What are you talking about?

Thanks

Just release it already

Thanks

Why are we DONE??
    Because a few Hackers worked or still work as Contractors for Apple??
    Why does them fixing overall security in iOS mean JailBreaking is DONE??

Thanks

i know people find it hard to admit to what you have wrote, but i agree this is going to be the FACT for sure..i mean evaders, are just playing prank, they do not want to release the JB ever! they have been paid for it. Albeit its more than 3 months now ios7 has come out and still no jailbreak?? ru kidding me?
    badly missing #GEOHOT! in the scene.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    i know people find it hard to admit to what you have wrote, but i agree this is going to be the FACT for sure..i mean evaders, are just playing prank, they do not want to release the JB ever! they have been paid for it. Albeit its more than 3 months now ios7 has come out and still no jailbreak?? ru kidding me?
    What's it like, living life feeling entitled to anything, let alone something so small as a jailbreak? These guys do what they can. They'll get it when they can, but I'd be hesitant if everyone treated me as their workhorse.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Manchovies For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (12-22-2013), ChicagoV (12-22-2013), dsg (12-22-2013), Reeiiko (12-22-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manchovies View Post
    What's it like, living life feeling entitled to anything, let alone something so small as a jailbreak? These guys do what they can. They'll get it when they can, but I'd be hesitant if everyone treated me as their workhorse.
    Exactly the JB community is a disgrace, the entitlement and the general "WTF BRO Y NO JB BEN 3 munthz!!!!'z" attitude really is not a motivator for these guys. Why would they even bother showing it if they had 0 intention on delivering. Btw manchovies is the best MMI handle I've seen.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-22-2013), Reeiiko (12-22-2013)

eaz
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    How old are you? For how long have you thinking about what you are writing?

It's so ridiculous that YOU call it a "FACT" that the evaders are not releasing the jaibreak ever. To whom of the evaders have you been talking to? Evaders always said to be be working on a JB and it's being released when ready.

Geohot?? That guy who was present at the very beginning and did not show up ever again? Can barely remember him.

YOU are the perfect reason why these guys should not release the JB ever. All these retweets by @ih8snow about people calling him names... Who the hell you dumb-assed kiddies think you are? I would lough my *** off if Evaders would not release the JB because of people like you and the others complaining not being able to pirate apps. I do really hope they found a way to disable app-jacking.

Thanks

Don't see what all the hype is about this?.?.? What's up with the iOS 7 jailbreak??

Thanks

While the effort behind this is awesome and to be respected, ultimately who really needs a jailbreak for firmware that was released back in March and May of 2013 when 7.0 was released in September? I've never seen so much effort poured into a project for people on older firmware or those who "accidentally" updated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    While the effort behind this is awesome and to be respected, ultimately who really needs a jailbreak for firmware that was released back in March and May of 2013 when 7.0 was released in September? I've never seen so much effort poured into a project for people on older firmware or those who "accidentally" updated.
    There are people who never got a chance to have a jailbreak, such as those owners of iPhone 5 using the T-Mobile US optimized model. Most of those were 6.1.3. I think they should at least be given the opportunity to jailbreak.
    But that's just my stance.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 717 Posts

provide links, making us have to search; tells me you don't really have any proof to back you up
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This happens every time there's a major update. Just sit back and relax and wait for the release. And when it does come out be thankful and show your appreciation and donate a few dollars!

Side note, MyWi 7.0 is out. It shows comparable with iOS 7...

Thanks

Yeah... Read the first post on modmyi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

funny you should say that, all that conspiracy theories and the next day we get fresh JB )))) just did my 5s

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Thank you
    Last edited by iYeow; 12-23-2013 at 12:01 PM.