+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.1 beta 2 to Devs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You could restore from backup first...just to see if that helps..if not try setup as new
    Thanks

You could restore from backup first...just to see if that helps..if not try setup as new

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magoo657 View Post
    When will we actually get the update?
    I'm sick out the bad battery life iOS 7.0.4
    I'm confused as to how on a closed platform people have such varying experiences. My battery life is great with 7.0.4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Well, at least the alert sounds issue has been fixed in b2. What sort of modifications to Touch ID are you referencing? I didn't see anything in the release notes.
    I think it's just that Touch ID settings access has been moved to the main screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    I'm getting 4 hours of battery with a full charge tops and starting shutting itself off between 5-30% (I have an iPhone 5 on 7.0.4)
    That isn't normal dude. I had a similar experience on my iPhone 5 and thought it was just me. Then somebody on a forum tells me that ain't normal and take it in to Verizon. I took it in on a full charge from my car and they watched it drop 10% in 5 minutes and ordered me a replacement. The new one didn't have the problem. So that would be my advice to you if you're under warranty. Take it to your carrier or Apple, wherever you got it.
    Last edited by claustin; 12-14-2013 at 01:52 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to claustin For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HELP NEEDED ~!!

Hey , I did over the air update, what a shame...
    Anyway, I'm stuck at the activation screen error and I haven't backed up my data yet.
    Is there anyway, you could add my UDID to your developer's program account to let me access and back up my data...after that you can delete my UDID, and I will perform a restore.

PLEASE HELP !! the files and stuff are really important to me.

Much appreciated !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajpsjeng View Post
    HELP NEEDED ~!!

Anyway, I'm stuck at the activation screen error and I haven't backed up my data yet.
    Is there anyway, you could add my UDID to your developer's program account to let me access and back up my data...after that you can delete my UDID, and I will perform a restore.

Much appreciated !!
    What's your UDID you can't back it up from iOS 7.1 trust me already tried it had to start all over this way you can get iOS 8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    I'm confused as to how on a closed platform people have such varying experiences. My battery life is great with 7.0.4
    It works like anything by design. If one takes a device and installs "z" apps and another and installs "y" apps. Depending what each is running results shall be non consistent between each device overall.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm kind of happy w out my JB. Phone works perfect

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajpsjeng View Post
    HELP NEEDED ~!!

Much appreciated !!
    You have to restore your device

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So I restored and still bad battery life 😡

Thanks

Did u restore as new or from a backup?...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,982 Times in 2,020 Posts

DFU Restore?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

U should always run batt to dead n recharge full after restore...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    DFU Restore?
    No didn't do that, i just don't want to do another restore might do it tho.

What device are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    This has been resolved with multiple updates, adjust your usage.
    Excuse me? Tons of people have been complaing about 7.0.4. Do your research. I have had good battery life with 7.0.2, 7.0.3, and I also installed all of the beta's. I have installed every version of iOS 7.
    Last edited by magoo657; 12-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks

No didn't do that, i just don't want to do another restore might do it tho.

What device are you using?

Excuse me? Tons of people have been complaing about 7.0.4. Do your research. I have had good battery life with 7.0.2, 7.0.3, and I also installed all of the beta's. I have installed every version of iOS 7.
    I'm on the same firmware, no issues here. Either something in your back up or usage buddy.
    If it is your back up set up as new device, if it's usage adjust your usage.

Thanks

I usually don't say anything, but I'm ready for the jailbreak. Need mywi. Lol
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

Battery life is 99% about user phone usage and system setup and only 1% about the firmware. The only truly problematic phone for battery life was the 4S on iOS 5.. Most people had "some trouble" with that combo.

I get a full day's worth of moderate to heavy use (calls, texts, surf, widgets running) on my jailbroken iPh5 by observing the following:

1) in Settings->Privacy->Location Services->System (way at bottom) turn off ALL those switches but Traffic. You don't need any of them and they're battery killers.
    2) Turn off all Notifications you don't really need.
    3) Try to live with your brightness set at 50%
    4) Turn off all Location services you don't really need. Don't say ALLOW every time an app asks you to have access to your location (like Starbucks).. Lol!
    5) turn off Push in Mail unless you really need it - and then only on accounts you need.. Huge battery killer. Remember every time you open the mail app / it immediately updates all accounts.
    6)Contrary to popular "folklore" Wifi on or off makes no difference in battery life.. unless you set it to "search for hotspots".. Leave that feature off.

The days of iPhone 4 iOS 4 - battery lasting 2 days+ are long over - never to return. So don't expect that ever again.

But sensible changes listed above will get you your battery life back on any phone at any usage level. Unless the phone is defective. If you're dropping 10% in 5 minutes.. take your phone back for a replacement.

Mmaboi is right here.. You must do a DFU restore between each update and set up phone "as new". No restore from backup. Bad things get saved in backups that carry forward into new beta versions. Even if that "bad thing" didn't affect battery life in a previous beta - it can in future betas of the same firmware. Never use restore from backup. Keep everything in cloud and use iPhoto for photo backup. I have no difference of any kind on battery life in iPhone 4S on 7.0.4 than I had on 7.0.3 or earlier. Why? I follow the protocols I just outlined when I upgrade.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-16-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (12-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Battery life is 99% about user phone usage and system setup and only 1% about the firmware. The only truly problematic phone for battery life was the 4S on iOS 5.. Most people had "some trouble" with that combo.

I get a full day's worth of moderate to heavy use (calls, texts, surf, widgets running) on my jailbroken iPh5 by observing the following:

1) in Settings->Privacy->Location Services->System (way at bottom) turn off ALL those switches but Traffic. You don't need any of them and they're battery killers.
    2) Turn off all Notifications you don't really need.
    3) Try to live with your brightness set at 50%
    4) Turn off all Location services you don't really need. Don't say ALLOW every time an app asks you to have access to your location (like Starbucks).. Lol!
    5) turn off Push in Mail unless you really need it - and then only on accounts you need.. Huge battery killer. Remember every time you open the mail app / it immediately updates all accounts.
    6)Contrary to popular "folklore" Wifi on or off makes no difference in battery life.. unless you set it to "search for hotspots".. Leave that feature off.

The days of iPhone 4 iOS 4 - battery lasting 2 days+ are long over - never to return. So don't expect that ever again.

But sensible changes listed above will get you your battery life back on any phone at any usage level. Unless the phone is defective. If you're dropping 10% in 5 minutes.. take your phone back for a replacement.

Mmaboi is right here.. You must do a DFU restore between each update and set up phone "as new". No restore from backup. Bad things get saved in backups that carry forward into new beta versions. Even if that "bad thing" didn't affect battery life in a previous beta - it can in future betas of the same firmware. Never use restore from backup. Keep everything in cloud and use iPhoto for photo backup. I have no difference of any kind on battery life in iPhone 4S on 7.0.4 than I had on 7.0.3 or earlier. Why? I follow the protocols I just outlined when I upgrade.
    👍👍👍

Thanks

I tell u what...I think battery life is better on b2...I always turn off all the usual..I've got almost 4 hrs usage n 1.5 days standby n I'm down to 43%...pretty good..usually I get just over a day depending...

Thanks

Anyone know how to get full list view back in calendar?.. I switched somehow to month with day list view n can't get back to full list view...

Thanks

Wow! I just figured it out by accident!...When in calendar and you hit the month button, and are now in the month with day list display under, you cannot toggle back to full list view. To get back to full lost view, tilt to landscape on phone. This makes it display the week view. While staying tilted, double click home to bring up switcher and close calendar app. Tilt back to portrait and reopen calendar app. It will be in full list view again!...Weird...wonder why they didn't make this a selectable icon or toggle or something obvious! I've been banging my head since b1 trying to figure this out. Hope this helps someone! I'll have to post this in my original question I posted in the forums a while back..