+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Online Shipping Times for iPhone 5s Now Show 1-3 Business Days in Time for the Holidays

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default Online Shipping Times for iPhone 5s Now Show 1-3 Business Days in Time for the Holidays

It wasn’t long ago that the iPhone 5s was facing major supply shortages around the world due to the fact that there was so much demand for the new handset and Apple couldn't keep up. Apple actually slowed down production of the lesser-demanded iPhone 5c to make more room for production of the iPhone 5s.

Luckily, the availability of the iPhone 5s has been gradually increasing with time. It wasn’t long ago that the shipping times of the new handset displayed 3-5 business days on Apple’s online store Web site. On a more exciting note, Apple’s online store Web site is now showing that it will only take 1-3 business days for an iPhone 5s buyer’s device to ship.

The updated shipping times are applicable for all colors and configurations of the iPhone 5s, except for the unlocked and SIM-free version of the device, which Apple notes will ship in 1-2 weeks. Notably, the unlocked iPhone 5s that ships with a T-mobile SIM will ship within 1-3 business days like the rest.

The high availability of Apple’s iPhone 5s gives those looking for the perfect holiday gift this season more flexibility in buying the device in time for Christmas. The shorter shipping times make it so buyers can purchase the handset closer to the holidays without feeling pressured to buy it as soon as possible, even though this is probably still a good practice since shipping carriers can be flooded at this time of the year.

Apple recently posted a "buy by" guide for potential buyers, telling them when they need to begin ordering their devices if they want to receive them on or before December 24, in time for the holidays.

Sources: Apple via AppleInsider

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

In other words iPhone 5s demand has slowed so now I can get an iPhone in 3 days. Why don't I just go to the store, buy one and get it then?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    In other words iPhone 5s demand has slowed so now I can get an iPhone in 3 days. Why don't I just go to the store, buy one and get it then?
    Well we don't have an apple store where I live you would have to take a ferry drive hours and possibly rent a hotel. Unless you wanted to spend the entire day doing this