+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Announces New "Mobile Share Value Plans"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default AT&T Announces New "Mobile Share Value Plans"

AT&T recently announced that it will be introducing new “Mobile Share Value Plans” on December 8, which includes an option for no annual contracts that brings a $15 monthly discount to shared data customers that meet one of four requirements. The requirements are said to include getting a smartphone for no down payment with the “AT&T Next” early upgrade program, bringing a separate off-contract device, purchasing at full retail price, or switching to a new plan after a phone is no longer under a contract. The following was mentioned regarding the topic:

With the ‘No Annual Service Contract’ options, smartphone customers can save $15 a month on Mobile Share Value plans. 2 Customers can receive these monthly savings when they: Get a new smartphone for no down payment with AT&T Next; bring their own smartphone; purchase a smartphone at full retail price; or when their smartphone is no longer under contract and they switch to the new plans. All Mobile Share Value plan customers will benefit from shared data plus unlimited talk and text on their phones. Consumers will have the ability to connect up to 10 devices, including tablets and other wireless devices, while business customers will be able to connect up to 10, 15, 20 or 25 devices, depending on the plan.
    The carrier also announced that it is adding a new option for its “AT&T Next” early upgrade program on December 8, which allows a customer to get a new phone after roughly 18 monthly payments and spreads total payments over the course of 26 months. This option joins the existing option of getting a new phone after 12 monthly payments and spreading payments over 20 months and comes after the company previously cut pricing on the program in August after launching it in July.

For those of you who didn’t know, AT&T ended its traditional voice and data plans in October for new customers in favor of offering Mobile Share plans, which were first introduced the summer of 2012. AT&T’s Mobile Share plans offer unlimited talks and text while providing a pool of data that can be used across multiple devices and include a monthly data cost and a per-device charge that ranges from $10 to $50 based on the type of device and the selected data plan. Data is priced between $20 and $500 for between 300 MB and 50 GB of usage.

Will you be moving on to AT&T’s newly announced “Mobile Share Value Plans?”

Source: AT&T

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Um....maybe I'm just tired but......where is the "value" again? O.o

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (12-06-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't see a benefit for doing this... It might be worth looking into if you have multiple devices, but it just looks like a different way of charging you immense amounts of cash to me...
    By the way, "AT&T Next" is about as big a rip off as they come. You pay roughly twice the extra $15 per month that is already worked into data plans to pay off your phone over two years, and they "graciously" allow you to upgrade your phone after only 1 year, however you do not get to keep your old phone to gift or sell. Something's fishy here...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (12-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone peacedog's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Um....maybe I'm just tired but......where is the "value" again? O.o
    Hey now. If AT&T says it's a value, then it's a value.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Those pigs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So if my 2 years are up will they start knocking off $15 since they shouldn't still be subsidizing my phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Villebilly View Post
    So if my 2 years are up will they start knocking off $15 since they shouldn't still be subsidizing my phone?
    Oh, no, no, no!! What do you think they are? Made of money???

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (12-10-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    I really don't see a benefit for doing this... It might be worth looking into if you have multiple devices, but it just looks like a different way of charging you immense amounts of cash to me...
    By the way, "AT&T Next" is about as big a rip off as they come. You pay roughly twice the extra $15 per month that is already worked into data plans to pay off your phone over two years, and they "graciously" allow you to upgrade your phone after only 1 year, however you do not get to keep your old phone to gift or sell. Something's fishy here...
    So..... if i go to them to change my device after one year I have to trade it in????????????????????????????????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
    So..... if i go to them to change my device after one year I have to trade it in????????????????????????????????
    Yes, as far as I know, it's a trade in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
    Actually, I just called AT&T, you keep your old phone. You're just paying an extra $30 a month to do that.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 12-06-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks

I'm clinging on to my separate phone plans. I can up my wife's plan from 300 mb to 3 GB in the middle of the month, if needed, then drop it back down to keep the cost down. When they dropped that stupid share plan I looked it up; it'll cost more for less data! These mega-cellular companies keep upping the prices and reducing the service! They think they have us by the you-know-whats!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, I just called AT&T, you keep your old phone. You're just paying an extra $30 a month to do that.
    So do the math. $30 a month adds up pretty quick!

Thanks

U have to trade in the old phone...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Villebilly View Post
    And pigs can fly, Tea Party is helping the Republicans, and there is a snowball in...