+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Touch ID Technology is Reportedly Losing Accuracy Over Time for Some Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have the same speed as well with my left thumb (left and right if you didn't see my previous post.) I scanned them both 2x. Once at work (I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone TwistedSoul's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same speed as well with my left thumb (left and right if you didn't see my previous post.) I scanned them both 2x. Once at work (I work in a machine shop so my hands r greasy.) and once at home with clean hands. For me af least the thing works flawless. Again this is an apple store replacement iPhone 32gb. I took my first one back because of the gyroscope issue.

... 32gb 5S

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    Always been fine for me, if anything I slightly misplace my finger and of course it doesn't work... But that's my fault
    Exactly my experience... It's been a great feature and works just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    No issues here Even have the timing down, so when I press the home button, the Touch ID sensor reads my print almost at the same time, my phone open right up in one smooth motion :P
    Word, that's how I've been timing it too...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (12-06-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it happen to me a lot, just yesterday I had to delete all the fingerprints saved and then set them up again. Another thing is everytime I purchase an app from app store it dont ask me for my finger print, just the password, even with the optioin for ask for my fingerprint is on. It never ask for my fingerprint.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Apple: You are holding it wrong!!!

(RIP Steve)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This sounds to me like the biggest non-issue made into an issue, ever. I've had the 5s since inception and have not rescanned my prints once. I believe the "problems" are likely a combination of user error (i.e., improper calibration in the first place), dirty fingers, dirty home button, and impatience.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup. All too familiar. Did exact same thing more than twice in 2 months

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    That's what happens when you buy new tech like this. Always wait man the iPhone 6 will hammer out the problems.
    And bring in some new problems of its own

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had my 5s for about 2 weeks now, I've used the TouchID system multiple times daily, and it works just fine with both my left and right thumbs with only one scan/learn of each. The only bit of frustration is having to wake the phone up via the power button first if the screen is off. I'd like to just place my thumb and have it unlock, but it's a minor gripe. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Actually thinking about it more, when I was scanning my prints, I moved my thumb around when it said to lift and replace my thumb. I did the basic full thumb scan, then scanned the tip, then scanned the sides, then scanned more of the pad, etc. on both thumbs so that no matter how I placed my thumb, it would read. I also scanned my thumb horizontally (parallel to the bottom of the phone). Maybe the issues stem from the position of the thumb while scanning?
    Last edited by SirZyrion; 12-06-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Hindsight...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Owners who blame themselves for a phones defect. Great news for apple. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by amenter18 View Post
    And bring in some new problems of its own
    Yes that's true but why would anyone buy a phone that looks the same and basically is the same. iPhone 5 = iPhone 5s. Oh wait everyone is lol. Mindless...OH IT'S GOLD OH MY GOD IT'S GOLD!!!!!!
    Last edited by Feanor64; 12-06-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    The only bit of frustration is having to wake the phone up via the power button first if the screen is off.
    You can wake it with the home button and just leave your finger there for a second.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to take in consideration the condition of your finger when you scan it. I work with wires and cable all day long so my fingers are constantly being beaten up, rubbed raw, and getting dirty. On the flip side of that, because of doing that kind of work, I am always having to wash my hands. So I have developed a method that works good for me.

Wash your hands really well (I mean clean!) and wait until they are fully dry before proceding. Add your cleaned finger to the Touch ID sensor settings.
    Then go about a normal day.
    Wait for your finger to have a little build up of oils again, so your finger isn't as smooth as when you cleaned it. After that, add the same finger again (without deleting the other one).
    Works great for me, I now have no issues. It works with a dirty finger and a clean finger.

Also, I read some comments about the itunes store purchase not working....if you reboot your phone it will ask you to put in your password to enable touch ID purchasing again, it's a built in security feature for some reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    That's what happens when you buy new tech like this. Always wait man the iPhone 6 will hammer out the problems.
    Yep. Only get 'whole numbered' devices.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Really? This phone has a finger print sensor?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

For the people having problems when trying to download something from App Store and the iPhone won't ask for the fingerprint even if you got the option on, If you have an exchange mail account is not going to work, your exchange account requires you for security reasons to lock your device inmediately not allowing you to change it, so you can use your fingerprint to download from App Store it need to be set up for 15 minutes. The only way around this is, deleting your exchange mail account and change your lock option to 15 minutes, turn off the use of the fingerprint in settings, general and touch ID and passcode, touch ID and turn off iTunes App Store and turn it back on, is going to ask you for the password, once you do that it will work.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

I have iphone 5 and it doesn't read at all... Hmm.. Maybe i should bring it back ..!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kemalmurt View Post
    I have iphone 5 and it doesn't read at all... Hmm.. Maybe i should bring it back ..!
    If I were you I would definitely bring it back. Your iPhone 5 should have the touch id, now if you had an iPhone 5S it would be normal not to have the feature, lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Touch ID served its original purpose and is no longer required.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-07-2013), The.Drifter (12-07-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You can wake it with the home button and just leave your finger there for a second.
    Good point! *Blonde Moment*

Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Ignoring the fact that this is trolling BS, I'd rather give the government just my fingerprint than give the government and google everything Google collects on its users: pictures, web IDs, your location 24/7, all information passed through your email, including contents of attachments, all social media activity, all web searches and all web activity as they track you whether you authorize it or not , etc, etc. basically your entire digital life, everything, that's what Google has on you. And make no mistake, they'll gladly hand it all to the government on request.

Begone, troll!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post

Who cares?!?! Are we so important that we need to hide our identity??? The government doesn't give a crap about us unless we're doing illegal activity that needs to be brought to light!