Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android Owners Defecting to iPhone 5c in the U.K.

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Android Owners Defecting to iPhone 5c in the U.K.

Apple's new flagship iPhone 5s may be the dominant bestseller of the company's two newest smartphones, but the iPhone 5c has apparently found its core market of interested buyers - Android users.

According to new data Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, former Android devotees are rapidly defecting to the iPhone 5c across Europe, and especially in the United Kingdom. In fact, among those surveyed, a significant segment of Apple's iPhone 5c sales have been to Android turncoats.

Dominic Sunnebo, the strategic insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, says the "cheaper" iPhone 5c model appeals to a broader audience than Apple usually attracts.

"In the US, the biggest demand for these mid-end models is coming from lower income households," Sunnebo says, explaining that 42% of iPhone 5c owners earn less than $49,000 compared with just 21% for iPhone 5s. "The good news for Apple is that this wider appeal is attracting significant switching from competitors. Almost half of iPhone 5C owners switched from competitor brands, particularly Samsung and LG, compared with 80% of 5S owners who upgraded from a previous iPhone model.

Smartphone penetration in Great Britain now stands at 68%, with 86% of devices sold in the past three months being smartphones.

Source: Kantar Worldpanel ComTech

They have to be joking, an unlocked 16GB 5C is 469 UKP including taxes, whereas a Moto G 16GB unlocked is 159 UKP including taxes. Punters in the UK that want an inexpensive unlocked PAYG smartphone certainly are not looking at Apple while there are decent Android phones available for far less dough

It's about time they saw the light!

Welcome aboard!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bbrks (12-02-2013), dsg (12-02-2013), hemptation (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Waiting for Jon Garrett to heavily attack this statement...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

bbrks (12-02-2013), Carvensno (12-02-2013), dsg (12-02-2013), hemptation (12-03-2013), King_O_Hill (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Lol true

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-03-2013), Jato_BZ (12-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    They have to be joking, an unlocked 16GB 5C is 469 UKP including taxes, whereas a Moto G 16GB unlocked is 159 UKP including taxes. Punters in the UK that want an inexpensive unlocked PAYG smartphone certainly are not looking at Apple while there are decent Android phones available for far less dough

"decent Android phones..."

With outdated software on release day?

Sometimes you get what you pay for...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbaba For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-03-2013)

Strange how another site says "Analysts with Kantar Worldpanel ComTech found that over the third quarter of this year, Apple saw its share of the market in Germany, France, and the UK decline over the same period in 2012, a sign that the release of the iPhone 5s and 5c failed to attract consumers as did the launch of the iPhone 5."

iPhone slips in Europe as Windows Phone claims OVER 10% market share • The Register

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice wording in the title! The use of the word defecting works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It's about time they saw the light!

Welcome aboard!
    Soo true welcome to the Apple fam.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-02-2013), hemptation (12-03-2013), King_O_Hill (12-02-2013)

don't you mean orchard

I think they should have gone for the 5s though
    Last edited by dsg; 12-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-03-2013), Jato_BZ (12-03-2013), King_O_Hill (12-02-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I was just about to upload a YouTube video of my unboxing of my Space Grey iPad Air but since you asked, I'll pause a moment then upload my video. here's a link to my channel AndroidFixation's channel - YouTube if its OK with ModmyI.

anyway.

this article is pure garbage. what are the numbers? people polled? carriers polled? retailers polled? Im sure by now you've seen that other garbage article floating around apple-land where supposedly Android users in India are flocking to the iPhone 5C--you know, the phone that's so massively popular that apple cut orders for it nearly by half just 30 days after it launched !!!

In the Indian article., they surveyed 3, yes 3 retail locations to come to their conclusion that the 5C is outting the S4 in India !! a whopping 3 guys out of a country of what, 1.237 Billion people.

If you can come back here with the source of this nonsense I'll eat my hat--on my youtube channel while holding my Air and praising it for being the best tablet I've ever had.

Your Bluetooth video shows that by design iPhones won't pair to Samsung devices. Makes perfect sense to me.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-02-2013), hemptation (12-03-2013), Jato_BZ (12-03-2013)

Not that I am trying to start any argument but it was my understanding that Apple cut production of the 5c in the U.S. as it was not selling due to most people here not wanting plastic phones. I know in my company most of the Smartphones were Android, except for myself a our managers but when the 5S came out most everyone switched to the iPhone, except for one guy that kept his Verizon S4.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I was just about to upload a YouTube video of my unboxing of my Space Grey iPad Air but since you asked, I'll pause a moment then upload my video. here's a link to my channel AndroidFixation's channel - YouTube if its OK
    with ModmyI.

anyway.

this article is pure garbage. what are the numbers? people polled? carriers polled? retailers polled? Im sure by now you've seen that other garbage article floating around apple-land where supposedly Android users in India are flocking to the iPhone 5C--you know, the phone that's so massively popular that apple cut orders for it nearly by half just 30 days after it launched !!!

In the Indian article., they surveyed 3, yes 3 retail locations to come to their conclusion that the 5C is outting the S4 in India !! a whopping 3 guys out of a country of what, 1.237 Billion people.

If you can come back here with the source of this nonsense I'll eat my hat--on my youtube channel while holding my Air and praising it for being the best tablet I've ever had.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wb4whd For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Jon garret is right!
    I was just about to upload a YouTube video of my unboxing of my Space Grey iPad Air but since you asked, I'll pause a moment then upload my video. here's a link to my channel AndroidFixation's channel - YouTube if its OK with ModmyI.

anyway.

Where are the numbers? where are polls? do you guys just publish things without any sources? Come on guys work on your articles. I agree with JonGarret a 100 percent on this.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myhargalan View Post
    Where are the numbers? where are polls? do you guys just publish things without any sources? Come on guys work on your articles. I agree with JonGarret a 100 percent on this.
    See that little link at the bottom of the story that says "source"? Click it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-03-2013), hemptation (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,171 Times in 1,359 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Strange how another site says "Analysts with Kantar Worldpanel ComTech found that over the third quarter of this year, Apple saw its share of the market in Germany, France, and the UK decline over the same period in 2012, a sign that the release of the iPhone 5s and 5c failed to attract consumers as did the launch of the iPhone 5."

iPhone slips in Europe as Windows Phone claims OVER 10% market share • The Register
    That post is referring to the same article. The article says that the 5S & 5C didn't receive as much attention as the iPhone 5 but that's to be expected w/ incremental updates.

I guess it's just dependent on how one chooses to interpret it! LOL!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-03-2013)

Man it's just a phone. You like your android ? Cool. We like our iPhones. That's why we joined here. And honestly , I don't care what other people use. 12 years ago when I had a iMac and an eMac..... Every windows user used to gun me down when I said I didn't know anything about windows operating system. And for basically owning a Mac. But every time I sat down at my computer, I did whatever I wanted to do ....play online, listen to
    Tunes...etc.... All my friends spent at least 25% of their time working on their pc's. dells and toshibas mostly. So it's whatever floats your boat. It's just an article. Just some random facts about 3 months of a certain year in a particular part of the world. Why is it so important ? Why is it equally important that you have to disprove any article posted at this site about iPhone in relation to sales or comparison to android? Are you bill Gates nephew ? Lol

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-04-2013), King_O_Hill (12-03-2013), Simon (12-04-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Your Bluetooth video shows that by design iPhones won't pair to Samsung devices. Makes perfect sense to me.

you also see that iDevices dont even want to pair with each other, there are 3 of them in this video so it makes no sense to me. they don't pair with lots of things including a 2013 Ford Escape.

who wants to hope that BT will work with other devices?

Quote Originally Posted by wb4whd View Post
    Not that I am trying to start any argument but it was my understanding that Apple cut production of the 5c in the U.S. as it was not selling due to most people here not wanting plastic phones. I know in my company most of the Smartphones were Android, except for myself a our managers but when the 5S came out most everyone switched to the iPhone, except for one guy that kept his Verizon S4.
    apple cut orders for the 5C just 30 days after its release (unheard of for any company let alone one of the best brands in the world) then they cut orders a second time so production according to the last cut is at 50%. I would call that a total failure on apple's part.

the 5 should have been the budget phone which is what the 5C is but housed in plastic.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 12-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.

I almost never use Bluetooth, but the last vaca I took, I had a car that had it and it synced right up. That's my only experience with it.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-03-2013), Simon (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

you also see that iDevices dont even want to pair with each other, there are 3 of them in this video so it makes no sense to me. they don't pair with lots of things including a 2013 Ford Escape.

who wants to hope that BT will work with other devices?
    Do people even still care about bluetooth? I can't remember the last time I used it. There are so much better and easier ways to share photos, files or whatever than bluetooth these days it seems like a non issue to me. Even Android phones don't really push it as a feature now. Why would they with all the no fuss cloud based sharing now?
    Only really useful thing bluetooth is good for now is probably headsets and car hands free units. My wife uses one in the car and has never had an issue with it with her i5.

Oh, and in case you didn't realize jonGarett, this post below was directed at you. Read it, take it in, try and understand what hemp is trying to say here. Because quite honestly the whole android troll thing is old and tired now. We are over it. You like androids? That's great man, so do a lot of people, so do I. A lot of people like iOS devices too, including me. Why does this bother you so much?

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Man it's just a phone. You like your android ? Cool. We like our iPhones. That's why we joined here. And honestly , I don't care what other people use. 12 years ago when I had a iMac and an eMac..... Every windows user used to gun me down when I said I didn't know anything about windows operating system. And for basically owning a Mac. But every time I sat down at my computer, I did whatever I wanted to do ....play online, listen to
    Tunes...etc.... All my friends spent at least 25% of their time working on their pc's. dells and toshibas mostly. So it's whatever floats your boat. It's just an article. Just some random facts about 3 months of a certain year in a particular part of the world. Why is it so important ? Why is it equally important that you have to disprove any article posted at this site about iPhone in relation to sales or comparison to android? Are you bill Gates nephew ? Lol

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

dsg (12-04-2013), hemptation (12-04-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast