+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Gains a Larger Lead over Android in Worldwide Ad Impression Share

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Gains a Larger Lead over Android in Worldwide Ad Impression Share

According to recently released data from ad buying platform and mobile DSP Adfonic, Apple’s iOS accounted for 63% of all global impressions during quarter three, which is a 3% boost from the previous quarter. Furthermore, worldwide ad impressions recorded from devices running Apple’s iOS doubled those from rival Android, once again suggesting higher web engagement from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users. Despite having a much larger market share, Android dipped 6% to finish the three-month period with a 32% ad impression share.

With both iOS and Android dominating the field, BlackBerry, which is in third place, came up with a 3% ad impression share, followed by Windows Phone at 0.9% and Java at 0.8%. Microsoft’s mobile platform managed to improve by 13% quarter-to-quarter, but its market share is still insignificant.

As expected, Apple was the number one manufacturer followed by Samsung, which held steady at 20%. The rest of the ad impression pie was broken into several small pieces. HTC and BlackBerry held a 3% share each, while LG, Nokia and Sony Ericsson all logged a 2% market share. Below the 1% mark was Sony, Motorola and Amazon.

If you break down the data by device, Apple’s iPhone generated a huge 35% of all ad impressions, while the iPad followed with a 21% share and the iPod Touch hit third with 6%. Several Samsung products ended up trailing Apple’s devices with the Galaxy S3 managing only 3%, the S2 hitting 2% and the Galaxy Ace and S3 mini bringing in 1% each.

Both Apple’s iPhone and iPad ended up being the top performers in their respective mobile device and tablet categories, boasting 49% and 76% share respectively.

Source: Adfonic

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

Now I would like to see the real results from someone thats NOT an Apple fanboy.
    The only people I now know that still use iPhones are kids and they are hand me downs. All phone buyers these days get Androids.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Now I would like to see the real results from someone thats NOT an Apple fanboy.
    The only people I now know that still use iPhones are kids and they are hand me downs. All phone buyers these days get Androids.
    You are just as stupid as an android. Use your head boy

Iphone is just one device. And its selling hot. Android is like. ,illion device. But how about they put a real statics of which real android phone sells the best with which version of Android.. s3 S4. And all other premium Android phone together dont even come close to the selling ampunt of 1 device called iphone... Most people buy cheap phone and activates and that why u get so much activated android but they never put which version or which device

If iphone had somce beginning an OS that would be installed on ypur vibrator also. Now tell me that it would not sell put??

So dont talk trash and use your sense.

People never put thing together. A cheap phone versus a premium is nothing to compare also in diferrence in oS versions..!! Android is everywhere. Why? So thats the stupiest thing Google ever did. Put it wvery where and most selling things are still on Android 2.3. Go and watch and people dont want to buy something stupid for $500 For $500 they put $100 extra and get something stable called iOS....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    You are just as stupid as an android. Use your head boy

Iphone is just one device. And its selling hot. Android is like. ,illion device. But how about they put a real statics of which real android phone sells the best with which version of Android.. s3 S4. And all other premium Android phone together dont even come close to the selling ampunt of 1 device called iphone... Most people buy cheap phone and activates and that why u get so much activated android but they never put which version or which device

If iphone had somce beginning an OS that would be installed on ypur vibrator also. Now tell me that it would not sell put??

So dont talk trash and use your sense.

People never put thing together. A cheap phone versus a premium is nothing to compare also in diferrence in oS versions..!! Android is everywhere. Why? So thats the stupiest thing Google ever did. Put it wvery where and most selling things are still on Android 2.3. Go and watch and people dont want to buy something stupid for $500 For $500 they put $100 extra and get something stable called iOS....
    There's an update for android.

Called iPhone & iOS

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post

Of course an android forum would not post this or anything greeting to Apple in a positive way. Usually negative. That is what I call ignorance by actions and "enthusiasts". Apple forums and blogs do post both ways.
    Last edited by takenlife; 11-30-2013 at 08:23 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have no idea what this truly proves?

Why is everything gotta be win or lose?
    Best and worst?

I just don't get the constant competition, I own an Iphone, now give me 10,000 shares of Apple and I might care more