+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's New iPhones 'Dominating' Japanese Smartphone Sales

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In September, expectations were high that Apple's new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c would have a major impact on the Japanese market, specifically in response to NTT DoCoMo welcoming the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple's New iPhones 'Dominating' Japanese Smartphone Sales

In September, expectations were high that Apple's new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c would have a major impact on the Japanese market, specifically in response to NTT DoCoMo welcoming the Apple smartphones to its expansive wireless network. By the end of October, the impact was felt in spades.

According to a new report from analyst firm Kantar, Apple's largest fanbase may now be in Japan, especially if we're looking at dominant market share percentages. Kantar says Apple's iPhones accounted for 76% of all smartphone sales in Japan in the month of October.

The same report shows that 61% of smartphones sold through NTT DoCoMo last month were also iPhones.

Although the numbers are strong, it is still believed that the iPhone 5c is the weakest link of Apple's emerging smartphone empire in Japan. Kantar didn't break down sales between the two new iPhones, but it is believed that the flagship iPhone 5s is, without question, the most dominant seller of the two.

Domestically, the iPhone 5s outsold the 5c by a commanded 40% in the U.S. last month.

Source: GSM Arena

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I still don't see why people expect the 5c to sell as well as the 5s. The 5c is meant to be a mid level phone. People want high end phones. Enough said.