Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'DNDPro' Gives You More Flexibility With iOS' Do Not Disturb Feature

Default 'DNDPro' Gives You More Flexibility With iOS' Do Not Disturb Feature

With Do Not Disturb, a feature that Apple included in iOS starting with iOS 6, you can control when applications are able to notify you of events either on demand, or through the use of a timer. The Do Not Disturb feature comes in handy a lot, whether you’re just trying to have a good night of sleep, or if you’re in the middle of class or a meeting.

For those of you that wish Do Not Disturb had just a little bit more flexibility, a new jailbreak tweak called DNDPro by iOS developer David Ashman will let you configure just a few more options to actually fine tune your Do Not Disturb preferences. After installing the tweak, you will find all new options that give you more control over what applications notify you and when.

You will find the new options in one of two preference panes; either the main Do Not Disturb preferences pane, or the DNDPro preferences pane. If you choose to use the DNDPro preferences pane, this is what you will see:

You’ll notice the first thing you can do is make use of the killswitch in the DNDPro preferences pane, which allows you to easily enable or disable the tweak on demand.

Once you head over to the actual Do Not Disturb preferences pane, you will notice two additional cells at the bottom of the pane that weren’t there before. Force Do Not Disturb and Show Banners Only are the two new cells that contain new options for Do Not Disturb.

Under the Force Do Not Disturb cell, you will find yourself with a list of applications that have on and off switches next to them. Applications that you turn on will have Do Not Disturb enabled automatically whenever you're in the application. So... let's say you're playing Candy Crush, and you don't want incoming notifications to distract you from getting a high score. You can turn on Candy Crush, and whenever you're in the Candy Crush application, you won't receive notifications. When you close the Candy Crush notification, Do Not Disturb will be disabled again and you'll receive notifications as usual.

Under the Show Banners Only cell, you will find yourself with another list of applications that have on and off switches next to them. Applications that you turn on will only display banner notifications. Even if you have an application set to show alerts in the Notifications preferences pane, if you enable the Show Banners Only option for a certain application, you will receive a banner notification instead of an alert notification.

From each application's own notification settings, you can even set the application to ignore Do Not Disturb. This will come in handy for anyone that wants to receive notifications from certain applications, but not others when Do Not Disturb is enabled.

Coming in at just 99, DNDPro is an affordable extension to the Do Not Disturb feature in iOS, and will likely come in handy for many Do Not Disturb users out there. If you want to give the tweak a try, it’s available right now in Cydia’s ModMyi repository. The tweak requires iOS 6.0 or later.

Name: DNDPro
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0.0-5
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: David Ashman
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-22-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Don't forget "Ignore Do Not Disturb" in each notification's settings. You can configure certain apps to continue to show notifications even if DND is turned on - so Facebook can ring through even if DND is turned on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy5050 For This Useful Post:

ggab (11-23-2013)

One more tweak that do nothing after installed! 99 cent for nothing! Thx to the developer!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Email him, maybe you'll get your 99 pennies back. HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Where is the lynch mob?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to XweAponX For This Useful Post:

novadam (11-22-2013)

Good job David (Stimpy), your tweaks are always valuable. I'd be an Android user if it wasn't for your LockInfo.

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    Email him, maybe you'll get your 99 pennies back. HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Where is the lynch mob?
    i did but no answer!

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope this is iOS7 and iPhone 5S capable when the jailbreak finally releases. I'd certainly appreciate the added functionality.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Has anyone tried to use this with iRealSMS and if so did it work? I have tried to toggle ignore DND on that app and am not getting notifications for my text messages.