+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Logitech Debuts its new PowerShell Controller + Battery Accessory

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The competition among accessory makers continues as Logitech recently announced its new battery-equipped, Lightning-connected PowerShell Controller. Compatible with the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, and fifth-gen iPod Touch, the $99.99 PowerShell
    Thanks

Default Logitech Debuts its new PowerShell Controller + Battery Accessory

The competition among accessory makers continues as Logitech recently announced its new battery-equipped, Lightning-connected PowerShell Controller. Compatible with the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, and fifth-gen iPod Touch, the $99.99 PowerShell Controller + Battery requires a device running iOS 7. Users insert their compatible device into the controller as they would a standard case and are granted access to analog, off-screen controls for more precise gaming.

The PowerShell comes equipped with a directional pad on the left side and A, B, X and Y face buttons on the right. The top of the controller also touts shoulder buttons. Users are offered full access to the power on-off, volume, camera, speakers, headphone jack and charging. The inclusion of a 1500 mAh battery increases longevity while playing which is also another bonus.

Titles that are compatible with the device currently include Bastion, Fast & Furious 6: The Game, MetalStorm Aces, Galaxy On Fire 2 HD and Nitro among others. The device is available through Logitech’s online store, the Apple Online Store and Best Buy’s website, with additional retailers carrying the device in December. The general manager of the Logitech gaming business, Ehtisham Rabbani, had the following to say regarding the matter:

We designed this controller to deliver a true console-gaming experience on an iOS 7 mobile device. With gaming so pervasive on the mobile platform — our research shows that 87 percent of iPhone and iPod touch users play games on their device — it's time to revolutionize the experience.
    This announcement of Logitech’s official iOS-compatible controller comes just shortly after MOGA announced its own $99 controller, the Ace Power. The Ace Power offers a bit more with both a directional pad and twin joysticks but has seen some mixed reviews. We’ll have to see what consumers think of Logitech’s PowerShell Controller.

Will you be picking one up?

Source: Logitech

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's finally ready... I've been waiting a long time for Logitech to finish manufacturing it. I'm about to pre-order mine in a minute

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

This design is much nicer than Moga's controller. I hope to see this actually make it in the market. Maybe if actually play mobile games more often like that Modern Combat series I have paid so much for.

Thanks

Very cool, but $100 I think is too much. Just my opinion though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

$100 seems pretty hefty… hopefully once these take off, the prices goes down. Logitech has a full list of compatible games HERE. I can't wait for an iOS7 jailbreak + emulators + this controller.
    Last edited by Eagleye; 11-21-2013 at 08:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing information.