+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates Find My Friends App for iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Apple Updates Find My Friends App for iOS 7

Apple has been taking its time updating its applications with redesigned interfaces for iOS 7, the company’s latest mobile operating system. Many of Apple's popular applications have already been updated with iOS 7 in mind, including the iWork and iLife software suites, iTunes Remote, and Find My iPhone among many others.

On Tuesday, Apple can cross yet another one of its applications off the to-do list for updating interfaces for iOS 7. Apple’s popular Find My Friends application has now been updated with a redesigned interface for iOS 7 that keeps the new mobile operating system’s flatter elements, transparency, and taller navigation bar in mind. The application has also been given a new application icon.

The update brings the application up to version 3.0, and while a new interface has been implemented, the feature set still remains the same.

Find My Friends allows iOS device users to keep track of where family and friends are to make it easy to meet up with people or make sure that family arrives safely where they're supposed to go. The service uses iCloud and an associated Apple ID to identify the user personally and shows the user on a map, similarly to the way Find My iPhone works.

Existing users of the Find My Friends application will find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Find My Friends for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

Thanks

Was hoping they'd fix the 'arriving'/'leaving' notifications: my wife gets home. 20 minutes later the app notifies me she's home. After I checked manually. Thanks, Apple!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish they'd fix the darn Find My iPhone (FMI) app. Ever since they changed it for iOS7 it bounces around when you click on a device to view it's location (mine bounces from the device location, back to my location, and then I have to hit Refresh to go back to the device location), the accuracy is totally inconsistent, the elliptical pincushion/icon of the device you're looking at is way too large, it takes longer to locate the devices, there's a BIG GREEN DOT that covers the general area map of the device you're looking at making difficult to zoom in and see the details of the location (still haven't figured out what the purpose the green dot is for)... It just generally sucks now. I think the same group that did the Apple Maps app did the FMI update. Awful!
    Last edited by egypt123; 11-19-2013 at 01:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Was hoping they'd fix the 'arriving'/'leaving' notifications: my wife gets home. 20 minutes later the app notifies me she's home. After I checked manually. Thanks, Apple!
    Still doesnt work correctly lol.. i just tried it..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Love this app! Early on I would check on my wife and...maybe harass her a little😁 One time she was somewhere I didn't recognize so I sent her a message asking (playfully, of course) where she was. She responded, "at my boyfriend's house!" Love that woman! What's more, the "notify when ______leaves" is a killer feature. If the wife has one of the kids at dance or soccer, I'll get a notification about when she starts heading home. Then I can hide what I'm doing, or start doing what I was supposed to be doing! What fun!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree. I use it for my kids and it's never right

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Keeping tabs on her? A big marital no-no.

Thanks

I want the old 1 back
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler