+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MOGA Announces the Launch of the Ace Power Controller, the First iOS 7 Game Controller

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default MOGA Announces the Launch of the Ace Power Controller, the First iOS 7 Game Controller

The first iOS 7 game controller will be launching soon with MOGA officially announcing its MOGA Ace Power Controller for the iPhone 5, 5C, 5S and the fifth-generation iPod Touch. The expandable controller is designed to plug into the Lightning port on Apple’s newer devices and features dual analog sticks, a directional pad, action buttons, a headphone jack and two trigger buttons each on the left and right side (L1/L2 and R1/R2). The controller includes MOGA Boost, which will charge an iOS device while it is plugged into the controller, extending gameplay. It also has an LED battery life indicator, a pause button and a button that controls the lock functionality on the iOS device.

As many of you may already know, rumors of MOGA’s controller originally surfaced shortly after WWDC 2013, where the controller API was first revealed. Other companies such as Logitech are also said to be producing iOS game controllers with similar features.

The MOGA Ace Power comes with a hefty $99 price tag and offers support for multiple iOS 7 games including titles such as Asphalt 8: Airborne, Bastion, Dead Trigger 2 and Oceanhorn. Additional developers will be building controller support into their apps now that the hardware is available to consumers, and software support is also likely to improve with an actual product available for testing.

The controller will be available from the MOGA website, the Online Apple Store and Apple retail stores starting this upcoming Wednesday. Will you be picking one up?

Source: MOGA

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

But will it work with gba4ios

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thatstastic For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (11-19-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to use this but my iPhone 5's case is too big to fit it and impractical to disassemble each time I'd want to use it. Awesome invention though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joshlogic For This Useful Post:

Sage I (11-19-2013)

Thanks

yeah..I don't like that you have to "decase" your phone to use it. Will it put wear and tear on my phone over time? Somebody buy one and tell me :]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Sage I (11-19-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thatstastic View Post
    But will it work with gba4ios
    You sir, have your priorities in the right order.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to braveboy510 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (11-19-2013), Silverado1987 (11-19-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braveboy510 View Post
    I agree!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    I would love to use this but my iPhone 5's case is too big to fit it and impractical to disassemble each time I'd want to use it. Awesome invention though!
    Totally agree... I myself however, am not a gamer... I grew up with video games and saw them evolve from Atari to now... Stopped playing em at Nintendo 64/Playstation 2 and haven't touched a gaming console since... I despise video games and think they do "rot the brain" to an extent... Mobile games i feel a little different about cause they can be a great filler of time while in line at DMV or other long waits... I love the advancements in technology and this controller is an awesome idea... If I was really into games I would snatch up the MOGA fo sho... I do believe the controller should be made to be compatible with a variety of cases... I wouldn't want to take my case off all the time... Oh yeah, and what game is GBA?

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

Gameboy advance, he is referring to a emulator that plays those games on the phone

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tankz504 For This Useful Post:

Sage I (11-19-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just curious, how would a video game "rot the brain?" It is simply an activity, much like passing the time in the dmv line (however many hours that may be!). I think watching tv is much more rotting than gaming, since there is very little thought required, and less interaction. And with games like minecraft, I think my kids are able to game with a creative outlet...with time limitations, of course!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rcworship For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (11-19-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by braveboy510 View Post
    Whatever happened to n64 for iPhone? I know the earlier iPhones couldn't handle it very well, especially larger games like Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye, but these A7 devices have so much power! I'd think they would be able to easily handle 4 Wiimotes hooked up to one iPhone 5s through Bluetooth, while being connected to your TV through HDMI, playing Goldenye in the Temple with Rocket Launchers!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    Gameboy advance, he is referring to a emulator that plays those games on the phone
    Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

pretty dope