+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'IB Graphics Selector' Lets You Adjust Graphics Settings for Infinity Blade Games

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default 'IB Graphics Selector' Lets You Adjust Graphics Settings for Infinity Blade Games

One of the best parts of a good video game is the quality of the graphics. Unfortunately, older devices simply arenít as capable as newer devices are at rendering graphics beautifully.

On the iOS platform, Infinity Blade is one of the App Storeís top hit games, and it's pretty graphics-intensive. Whether youíre playing Infinity Blade I, II, or III, you might notice that the game runs sluggishly on older devices. With a new free jailbreak tweak called IB Graphics Selector by iOS developer PoomSmart, you can have more control over how Infinity Blade runs on certain devices by changing the game's graphics settings depending on your device.

IB Graphics Selector adds a preferences pane to your Settings application where you can enable and disable the tweak on demand, and choose the device type that you want the graphics to run for:

IB Graphics Selector has graphics presets for:

• iPhone 3GS (non-retina)
    • A4
    • A4 iPad
    • A5
    • A5 iPad
    • A5X iPad
    • A6
    • A6 iPad
    • A7
    • A7 iPad

Now just because the preset says "A7," this doesn't mean that you have to have an A7 chip to run the graphics in this preset mode. In fact, the developer notes that even if you have an A5 device, you can select this option to run Infinity Blade 3 at 60+ frames per second (FPS).

With these presets, you can have more manual control between quality and performance when playing Infinity Blade I, II, or III on whatever device you may be using.

If you want to give IB Graphics Selector a try, you can grab it for free from Cydia's BigBoss repository. You can only use this tweak with Infinity Blade games, as the tweak is not intended for any other game that runs on iOS.

Name: IB Graphics Selector
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: Infinity Blade I, II, or III must be installed
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

...yeah... but we have to be on 6.x.x... and 7.x.x is definitely a jailbreak killer. I really don't need to jailbreak anymore. Flame suit on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    ...yeah... but we have to be on 6.x.x... and 7.x.x is definitely a jailbreak killer. I really don't need to jailbreak anymore. Flame suit on.
    Don't worry, there's an iOS 7 jailbreak on the way. Soon we'll have the best of both worlds.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mahboi View Post
    Don't worry, there's an iOS 7 jailbreak on the way. Soon we'll have the best of both worlds.
    Can't wait. Marking off the calendar.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I miss my jb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPad 3rd gen iOS 7.1.2 lagging on A7 iPad settings
    tested serveral and i could only go back to A5x
    i already overclocked and used nitrous, could someone give me a tip?