Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Cuts iPhone 5C Production Further as Consumers Prefer iPhone 5S

Thanks

Default Apple Reportedly Cuts iPhone 5C Production Further as Consumers Prefer iPhone 5S

According to the folks over at C Technology, Apple is continuing to reduce its orders for the iPhone 5C with suppliers, still working to balance production with customer demand that has remained strongly in favor of the higher-priced iPhone 5S. The report claims that Apple’s main assembly partner, Protek (Pegatron) has slashed production from 320,000 units per day in October to just 80,000 units per day. Similarly, Apple’s backup assembler for the iPhone 5C, which is Foxconn, is operating at only a minimum capacity of 8,000 to 9,000 units per day.

Customer interest in Apple’s iPhone 5S has continued to outpace that of the iPhone 5C with the Chinese mobile phone retailer, D.Phone, reporting that the iPhone 5S is holding a 3.68:1 advantage over the iPhone 5C among its customers according to MyDrivers. Similar signs of continued iPhone 5S strength are showing up in data from analytics firm, Fiksu, which shows iPhone 5S activity outpacing iPhone 5C activity by a 3-to-1 margin. As of today, Fiksu is seeing the iPhone 5S accounting for 6.4% of active iPhone devices on its network, with the iPhone 5C accounting for just 2.1%. The gap has grown over the past month with the iPhone 5S previously outperforming the iPhone 5C by a roughly 2-to-1 margin.Reports of Apple cutting iPhone 5C production aren’t new though, but if the numbers in the latest report are correct, the cuts are even deeper than previously reported.

Although iPhone 5C supplies have been plentiful since the device’s September launch, the iPhone 5C has been much more constrained and is only now beginning to see improved supplies. Earlier this week, shipping estimates for new orders through Apple’s online store improved 1-2 weeks, while the various models are showing significantly improved availability in Apple’s retail stores.

Did you get an iPhone 5C or know someone who did? What’s your stance on the matter?

Source: C Technology, Fiksu, My Drivers

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Not surprised. Their upsell strategy is a success.

I read somewhere that Apple was going to release two iPhones per year, but with these statistics I wonder how well that'll play out. I always thought a budget iPhone was an oxymoron.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulsquaredson For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (11-17-2013), pkmaximum (11-15-2013), PokemonDesigner (11-15-2013)

My faith in humanity is being restored. The price they were charging for a lastgen-specification plastic handset was ridiculous.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pkmaximum For This Useful Post:

djaquapimp (11-17-2013), Silverado1987 (11-15-2013)

How about they stop production of both and introduce a game changer instead of all these mediocre upgrades that are solely designed to bleed the consumer dry because most don't know any better and only want the latest product. :endofrant:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to starkall For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (11-17-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think anyone is surprised by this trend. Apple knew exactly what they were doing when they launched two phones. From everything I've read the iPhone 5S is a higher margin product anyway, so of course Apple is loving these statistics.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Not surprised. Their upsell strategy is a success.
    This is not rocket science nobody wants a plastic junk phone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (11-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hell I've seen a couple 5Cs, they appear pretty tough. It puts an iPhone into the same budget one would have for a galaxy. That's the reason so many gaxalies sell, especially right now for free with a 2 year sprint contract.

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    How about they stop production of both and introduce a game changer instead of all these mediocre upgrades that are solely designed to bleed the consumer dry because most don't know any better and only want the latest product. :endofrant:
    I honestly don't mind. I only buy a new phone with my contract like a smart person so my 4S to a 5S was actually a substantial change. Not to mention I will be trying the Ubuntu phone on my next contract and most likely leaving Apple for at least 2 years after Fall 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    My faith in humanity is being restored. The price they were charging for a lastgen-specification plastic handset was ridiculous.
    My ex got one. But you said the price? She traded her galaxy s3 as a personal phone and target was having a sale of $49.99 for the 16gb last gen. What was ridiculous?

Um Duh. Don' they know that Apple fans are snobs and want the best of the best (although fandroids would argue)? Of course everyones going to want the 5S. When you walk into the store and see both phones, you think "I don't want that plastic piece of junk". Both phones probably cost almost the same to make and the cheaper product makes you want to buy the top one. Win win for Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    I don't understand why people think everyone is supposed to make a "game changer" every year. And hasn't Android been on version 4 for like three years now?
    Last edited by Zokunei; 11-15-2013 at 10:57 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (11-17-2013)

From day one I knew it was going to fail. They should make them 100$ cheaper and then they will actually be hitting their target market - otherwise people just wont bother with it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SupaMonkey For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (11-17-2013)

5C was a f**ked up product with a "cheap" plastic back.. Ever heard of Tegra Note or Nexus 7 2013 Mr. Cook?! Way to go you idiot... I wish you were buried instead of Jobs! Those were the innovation days. I would hate to see Apple take a fall because of idiots using their not-so-artistic brains.. And bigger idiots approving of it for product launch!
    I am so frustrated with the 5C.. It actually is a cheap product in a way it's not supposed to be!

Thank you apple. The iPhone 5s actually has new features like a fingerprint scanner, a slo-mo camera, burst mode, better camera all together, and 64 bit processor!! And the iPhone 5c has.... Just plastic colored backs. People are going to put cases on them anyways. I own a 5s and I love it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    This is not rocket science nobody wants a plastic junk phone
    When the iPhone 3GS case out, was is a "plastic junk phone"? I think not. I think they missed the mark with pricing the 5c at $550 contract free. If it were $150-200 cheaper, I would of bought one to replace my backup iPhone 4.

My wife loves her 5c, she upgraded from a 4 at $50, IMHO if Apple made the 5c just a tad cheaper like this they would sell so many more

Quote Originally Posted by Cswee7311 View Post
    Thank you apple. The iPhone 5s actually has new features like a fingerprint scanner, a slo-mo camera, burst mode, better camera all together, and 64 bit processor!! And the iPhone 5c has.... Just plastic colored backs. People are going to put cases on them anyways. I own a 5s and I love it a lot.
    5s should of had a bigger screen already

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    Hell I've seen a couple 5Cs, they appear pretty tough. It puts an iPhone into the same budget one would have for a galaxy. That's the reason so many gaxalies sell, especially right now for free with a 2 year sprint contract.
    Galaxy phones are not budget phones. they start at $200 or $300 for the note. a phone that goes on sale is not a budget phone because if that's the case every phone is a budget phone.

Galaxy phone sell because they offer consumers what they want. large screens, high pixel densities, fast processors--you know, all the things the iPhone is just now getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't understand why people think everyone is supposed to make a "game changer" every year. And hasn't Android been on version 4 for like three years now?
    no it has not. and Android versions dont number like iOS. version 4 of Android is different for ICS, JB and KK.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 11-16-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    no it has not. and Android versions dont number like iOS. version 4 of Android is different for ICS, JB and KK.
    I looked at the feature lists for each and I didn't see any real major change. I also noticed that two of them promise smoother orientation changes?

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    5s should of had a bigger screen already
    The iphone is a perfect size though. Why do people think a bigger screen should be a GIVEN rather than an OPTION on these phones. I just recently took back a Note 3 for a 5s (along with 3 other people that same day) because while it is a great device, it is just too damn big and impractical as a phone. Not everyone wants a freeegin tablet/ Zac Morris phone to their face to make a phone call and yes some people don't like a smaller phone. No right or wrong answer. What I think is that Samsung and Apple should offer various sizes to suit everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast