+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Cuts iPhone 5C Production Further as Consumers Prefer iPhone 5S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We're assuming that's what there going to do. Offer 2 iPhones. One being the 5s and maybe another being the iPhone 6 (maybe redesigned) with a bigger screen
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

We're assuming that's what there going to do. Offer 2 iPhones. One being the 5s and maybe another being the iPhone 6 (maybe redesigned) with a bigger screen

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think for next year, it makes sense for Apple to release 2 phones; the same exact phone in two different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    5C was a f**ked up product with a "cheap" plastic back.. Ever heard of Tegra Note or Nexus 7 2013 Mr. Cook?! Way to go you idiot... I wish you were buried instead of Jobs! Those were the innovation days. I would hate to see Apple take a fall because of idiots using their not-so-artistic brains.. And bigger idiots approving of it for product launch!
    I am so frustrated with the 5C.. It actually is a cheap product in a way it's not supposed to be!
    I disagree it has a cheap plastic back. It actually feels very good to the touch - not cheap at all. I think what bombed was the fact it was last year's technology. Nobody with their right senses would buy it over the current model for just $100 cheaper. It makes no sense to me. As I said before, makes more sense for Apple to have the same phone in two different sizes.
    Last edited by perealb; 11-17-2013 at 07:10 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    The iphone is a perfect size though. Why do people think a bigger screen should be a GIVEN rather than an OPTION on these phones. I just recently took back a Note 3 for a 5s (along with 3 other people that same day) because while it is a great device, it is just too damn big and impractical as a phone. Not everyone wants a freeegin tablet/ Zac Morris phone to their face to make a phone call and yes some people don't like a smaller phone. No right or wrong answer. What I think is that Samsung and Apple should offer various sizes to suit everyone.
    4 inches is a good size for me but many want at least 5 inches, I think Apple should of done 5 inches or 4.7 on the 5s and left the iphone 5 alone and sell it.

WalMart is pricing Iphone 5c at 45 for new contract and renewal but on black friday its $45 plus $75 WalMart gift card WOW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    This is not rocket science nobody wants a plastic junk phone
    Really? Then why did the iPhone 3g and 3gs sell so well?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NegativeBeef For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (11-17-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

I think honestly the 5c should've been the 5s, then they could've put more features into the current 5s, and called it the iPhone 6 next year. I think this would've been a better idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by perealb View Post
    I think for next year, it makes sense for Apple to release 2 phones; the same exact phone in two different sizes.

I disagree it has a cheap plastic back. It actually feels very good to the touch - not cheap at all. I think what bombed was the fact it was last year's technology. Nobody with their right senses would buy it over the current model for just $100 cheaper. It makes no sense to me. As I said before, makes more sense for Apple to have the same phone in two different sizes.
    I agree with you on all these points, I was able to get for my wife for $150 less than an S and she wanted the Yellow model ( it's her favorite color). I think what's missed in consideration of often here, what some will buy is not what others will buy and the 5c is selling it's not a "Hot Product". I bought a 5 myself for a much cheaper price too. The price I think where its managable for us as a phone is $50 with the $36 upgrade fee its still $86 plus tax. Not all of us will justify $199 plus $36= $235 for one phone when most Androids are free or $50 and under.

Thanks

If Apple is going to offer a premium handset(to all Apple iPhone owners, that would be a normal cell phone) and a cheaper handset...then make the cheaper one just that..waaaay cheaper! Not rocket science here. If the 5C was $299 to buy out right and FREE with a 2 year contract, they would have sold through the roof. I say stick with one phone...this story pretty much says why already.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    This is not rocket science nobody wants a plastic junk phone
    There ara a lot of people with Samsung Galaxy X, and they have plastic backs...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wesker17 View Post
    There ara a lot of people with Samsung Galaxy X, and they have plastic backs...
    Agreed and plastic back is just as bad as a glass back ( I broke two backs on my 4 )

Thanks

The 5C wasn't "cheap" enough to warrant the C in its label.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsolman View Post
    The 5C wasn't "cheap" enough to warrant the C in its label.
    agreed, Apple should suck it up to get more customers and grow the base most people who have never had an Iphone do not know how much better IOS is overall experience, My Daughter thought it was not better than BlackBerry until her BB was stolen and I gave her an Iphone (3GS) she has been hooked on IOS ever since

Thanks

At the end of the day..I think the 5C is doing exactly what Apple wants it to do. Get users to buy the phone that gives them the greater profit margin while offering an option. Many complained about having only one model. Now we have two.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    At the end of the day..I think the 5C is doing exactly what Apple wants it to do. Get users to buy the phone that gives them the greater profit margin while offering an option. Many complained about having only one model. Now we have two.
    Good point.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12