+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Newly Released iOS 7.0.4 Found to Be Safe for Jailbreakers to Update to

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Thursday afternoon, Apple released a new firmware update for iOS devices – version 7.0.4. The software update fixes a bug that could cause FaceTime calls to fail, along with
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's Newly Released iOS 7.0.4 Found to Be Safe for Jailbreakers to Update to

On Thursday afternoon, Apple released a new firmware update for iOS devices – version 7.0.4.

The software update fixes a bug that could cause FaceTime calls to fail, along with a number of other minor bug fixes that will improve the stability of the operating system.

Since the new software was just released, we suggested that you wait until prominent jailbreak hackers have had a chance to examine the software update and see if it plugged up any of the exploits that the evad3rs are currently playing with.

As it would appear, both MuscleNerd and ih8sn0w have confirmed on Twitter that iOS 7.0.4 does not include any security improvements that could hinder the current progress of the iOS 7 jailbreak.

In other words.. if you want to update, go ahead. iOS 7.0.4 is available OTA (over the air) in the Settings application under the Software Update preferences pane, or you can download the firmware through iTunes and update your iOS device manually.

Sources: ih8sn0w and MuscleNerd

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If you're looking to jailbreak I thought it was always best to connect to iTunes instead of ota something about different blobs?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iteh_skyss View Post
    If you're looking to jailbreak I thought it was always best to connect to iTunes instead of ota something about different blobs?
    Yeah I remember in the previous jailbreak on iOS 6.x.x they said you had to update via iTunes as doing it OTA caused problems. Not sure if this applies with iOS 7

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The update ota to 7.0.4 would be fine because you have already moved to iOS 7.

To update from iOS 6 to 7 when the jailbreak goes active, you will need to use iTunes.

So you are somewhat correct

h2a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"Apple's Newly Released iOS 7.0.4 Found to Be Safe for Jailbreakers to Update to"

That headline...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to h2a For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (11-14-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

If I jailbreak iOS 7 when it is launched I will be restoring from backup if possible so that I can make sure it works. But I might wait a day or two (if I even decide to). Don't wanna hit the traffic jam like last year. I managed to download the program while in class though so I still won technically. Lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder if MMI should remind users to save their shsh blobs? Maybe just in case???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spectrum For This Useful Post:

ohthatguyagain (11-14-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    I wonder if MMI should remind users to save their shsh blobs? Maybe just in case???
    Do you have a need to unlock your iPhone? If I'm not mistaken, SHSH blobs were, past tense, the old way of aiding in unlocking iPhones. I don't believe there is any usefulness in storing them anymore. Just saying.

Thanks

Great and awesome news indeed. Thanks guy for the info. Will update it like NOW!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    Do you have a need to unlock your iPhone? If I'm not mistaken, SHSH blobs were, past tense, the old way of aiding in unlocking iPhones. I don't believe there is any usefulness in storing them anymore. Just saying.
    They were also used for downgrading but that hasn't been an option for us either... :-(

Thanks

Doesn't look like we are going to have a JB until say 7.1 or 7.2 Patience I keep telling myself :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just updated! I like how Apple is pumping those updates out, But it's hard for the Jail breakers, I do when it comes up jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

MuscleNerds response seems to say NOT to update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    MuscleNerds response seems to say NOT to update.
    Just double checked if your talking about this.

…but for those enjoying the 6.x JB, avoid 7.0.4 . There’s no going back (always worth saying that for sake of JB newbies)

I think he is referring to the people new to the jail break sene. They might not know about the whole apple signing process. They might think they can go back to the 6x jail break they were previously on. But the 7.0.4 doesn't effect the jail break as stated here by him.

Those at 7.x waiting for JB, maybe treat 7.0.4 as exercise in restraint. Won’t affect JB if you slip up, but test your ability to avoid it!
    Last edited by mlee19841; 11-16-2013 at 07:50 AM.