+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4 to the Public

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Releases iOS 7.0.4 to the Public

After all the rumors pointing to the upcoming release of iOS 7.0.4 to the public, Apple released the new firmware update on Thursday afternoon.

The update is available OTA (over the air) in the Settings application under the Software Update preferences pane, but as usual, users also have the option of connecting their devices to iTunes and checking for updates the old-fashioned way.

The update’s most notable change is fixing a problem that could cause FaceTime calls to fail for users, but Apple notes that the update also includes various bug fixes and improvements to make the mobile operating system more stable.

As usual, if you’re waiting for a jailbreak, wait for one of the prominent hackers to confirm whether or not the new update is jailbreak safe. If you don’t want a jailbreak, then feel free to grab the update. We will keep you updated on the latest.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

And the fun begins

Thanks

"As usual, if you’re waiting for a jailbreak, wait for one of the prominent hackers to confirm whether or not the new update is jailbreak safe."

Are they really so close to a jailbreak that they're announcing which firmwares are jailbreak safe? The fact that this sentence was included makes me wonder if the evad3rs have already found an exploit and are now testing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    "As usual, if you’re waiting for a jailbreak, wait for one of the prominent hackers to confirm whether or not the new update is jailbreak safe."

Are they really so close to a jailbreak that they're announcing which firmwares are jailbreak safe? The fact that this sentence was included makes me wonder if the evad3rs have already found an exploit and are now testing it.
    That statement just means that they will run some test on the new firmware to determine if any of the holes they are planning to use or are using to develop the jailbreak have been patched. @MuscleNerd will usually tweet within a few hours of it being released whether it is safe or not. It's not something new for this firmware update. They do it for every firmware.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They put that sentence in there because the evaders have already found exploits needed for a jailbreak. Apple likes to sneak in unannounced security patches in ota updates which could patch the exploits they have found which would make the older software still jail breakable down the road. Most likely they haven't patched anything though and we'll probably get the ok from an evader to update in a couple of hours.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Already.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

they already stated they have found an exploit where have u been

Thanks

keep dreaming for the jailbreak.....to much silence!

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

modmyi always gives a heads up about apple updates. The Evad3rs actually do have an exploit a few of them which was last stated. The problem is, is that the jailbreak itself isn't ready for the public.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGIAMIU View Post
    keep dreaming for the jailbreak.....to much silence!
    lol. Hope not if their isn't a jail break I'm moving to android. 😋

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttrr76 View Post
    they already stated they have found an exploit where have u been
    My post was poorly worded. I knew they found an exploit, I just wasn't sure how far along in the process they were...or even if the supposed exploit would end up working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm pretty confident there will be a jailbreak. It just takes a lot longer than it used to. I think it was February for the iPhone 5 last time. I would imagine it will be close to that again. Everything I've read is that they have exploits that can be used to root iOS...it's just that they have to package it so that it's easy enough for everyone to use. Also, 7.1 is rumored...so they may be waiting to see if the exploits still work in 7.1...if they do, why waste these exploits before that? (Since Apple will patch those holes should the exploits be used before 7.1.)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I've heard it was safe to update. But I really don't care. Once I found out there was an update I went and updated ASAP. I don't really care for a jailbreak now. iOS 7 added most of the things I used to jailbreak for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Interesting, considering the increasing trend with android users is moving to IOS...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I am going to update anyway because some of my apps keeps crashing after opening it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    Interesting, considering the increasing trend with android users is moving to IOS...
    yep, that one guy saying he might move to android totally kills THAT data set.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jailbreak could induce instability and have seen that. Am sticking to IOS from factory. Every enhancement from jailbreak community for iPhone now seems to be available. Would rather have stability.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I've heard it was safe to update. But I really don't care. Once I found out there was an update I went and updated ASAP. I don't really care for a jailbreak now. iOS 7 added most of the things I used to jailbreak for.
    Yea looks like it is OK to update

https://twitter.com/musclenerd/statu...79512416284672

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    That statement just means that they will run some test on the new firmware to determine if any of the holes they are planning to use or are using to develop the jailbreak have been patched. @MuscleNerd will usually tweet within a few hours of it being released whether it is safe or not. It's not something new for this firmware update. They do it for every firmware.
    Did you really put an @ in the forum?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    There will be. There are always naysayers and those who seem to enjoy the idea of despairing jailbreakers who love to post that a jailbreak is never going to happen. Ignore them.