+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Trend of Android Users Converting to the iPhone Continues to Accelerate

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) recently released new data highlighting, among other things, that an increasing number of Android users are making the leap to Apple’s iPhone. The folks
    Thanks

Default The Trend of Android Users Converting to the iPhone Continues to Accelerate

The Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) recently released new data highlighting, among other things, that an increasing number of Android users are making the leap to Apple’s iPhone. The folks over at AppleInsider were able to access the report and delayed a few more of the notable details. Specifically, CIRP interview 400 new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C buyers, finding that 20% of the surveyed respondents were upgrading from Android devices. In 2012, the same number was 16%.

Another thing to take note of that was clearly evident, is that many iPhone buyers appear to be existing iPhone owners. The iOS ecosystem and its bait are often overlooked when evaluating the significance of the smartphone market share. As for specific data points, the number of existing iPhone users upgrading to new iPhone models this year checked in at 65%, which is an increase from the 55% figure recorded from last year’s iPhone 5 launch.

Overall, it’s important to point out that iPhone users tend to exhibit more brand loyalty than other smartphone users. Although there are always those who attribute this to “fanboyism” or other similar terms, the reality is that consumers tend to stick with brands and products that they enjoy and ones which work well for them. TO that end, the smartphone market share can be informative but not necessarily as instructive as it appears. What this comes down to is that Apple doesn’t busy itself trying to amass market share, instead is more concerned with the type of user it attracts than the sheer volume of users that other companies are seemingly preoccupied with.

Are you an Apple user who converted from Android?

Source: Consumer Intelligence Research Partners via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

hold on, let me get my popcorn

3. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (11-13-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,460 Times in 6,385 Posts

You better get a trash bag full!

Where's Jon Garrett?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (11-12-2013), hemptation (11-12-2013), Jato_BZ (11-13-2013), nfsonofgod (11-12-2013), Silverado1987 (11-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=King_O_Hill;6961806]You better get a trash bag full!

Where's Jon Garrett?[/QUOTE
    most likely went to get ipad mini

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kakojan For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-12-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

I don't have a problem with android I think they've come a long way but my girl got an s3 as a personal phone and because she could buy it for $0.01 at best buy. Her work was an iPhone 5 and within a week the entire messaging system messed up. We never got her texts and her voice recognition screwed up as we'll. at the beginning it worked flawlessly as I've tested them before and today within a week she traded in for an iPhone 5c. Works lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default What
    Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    hold on, let me get my popcorn
    I dont know where they are getting these numbers, but I know a lot of people that have gone from iphone to android not the other way around.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omar010 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-12-2013), WHUDS (11-13-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,460 Times in 6,385 Posts

Maybe they don't know your friends?!?!

Pass the popcorn please!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (11-12-2013), hemptation (11-12-2013), iPhoneThereforeIAm (11-13-2013), nfsonofgod (11-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This comes as no surprise. Where's Jon??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stolenpentium For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

So lets see here. Your 6 friends that all switched to droid from iPhone. Check

Ok. We got them in the system now. Let us know when they switch back so we can change their .00000005 count back. We appreciate your contribution. Could you pass some butter for the popcorn please?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (11-12-2013)

Thanks

Alright y'all, you've had your laugh. Quit trolling other users now, please.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    😂 Y'all are awful

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmy623 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), iPhoneThereforeIAm (11-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not me, I work for a large company that is world wide and more people here have switched from Android to iPhone than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by omar010 View Post
    I dont know where they are getting these numbers, but I know a lot of people that have gone from iphone to android not the other way around.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wb4whd For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone nfsonofgod's Avatar
    Thanks

Mmmm popcorn....

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfsonofgod For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), King_O_Hill (11-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't like popcorn

27. The Following User Says Thank You to dsjarvis For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    So lets see here. Your 6 friends that all switched to droid from iPhone. Check

Ok. We got them in the system now. Let us know when they switch back so we can change their .00000005 count back. We appreciate your contribution. Could you pass some butter for the popcorn please?
    Your an idiot.
    His 6 friends switched. ALL of my friends switched. Then it snowballs. ALl of their friends switched to Android and all if their friends and so on.
    Eventually all thats left with iPhones are the Apple freaks and people with more money than sense.

iPhones are overpriced pieces of junk. Go compare the iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S4 and you will see the 5S is a piece of junk which is about 2 years behind the standards of other manufactures of Androids.

There are so many phones better than iPhone these days I wonder why iPhones even sell. It's all those Apple freaks that buy them as they are too stupid to leave their house to go to a shop and look at any other phone, they all buy them online as they are too scared to leave their house or should I say their parents basement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Your an idiot.
    His 6 friends switched. ALL of my friends switched. Then it snowballs. ALl of their friends switched to Android and all if their friends and so on.
    Eventually all thats left with iPhones are the Apple freaks and people with more money than sense.

iPhones are overpriced pieces of junk. Go compare the iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S4 and you will see the 5S is a piece of junk which is about 2 years behind the standards of other manufactures of Androids.

There are so many phones better than iPhone these days I wonder why iPhones even sell. It's all those Apple freaks that buy them as they are too stupid to leave their house to go to a shop and look at any other phone, they all buy them online as they are too scared to leave their house or should I say their parents basement.
    Seriously, why are you here then?
    It looks like someone just needs a big hug.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jose060789 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), iPhoneThereforeIAm (11-13-2013), Jato_BZ (11-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,969 Times in 2,019 Posts

Your an idiot.

Ahaha you're so funny, but seriously u need a reality check!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), iPhoneThereforeIAm (11-13-2013), King_O_Hill (11-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

Did somebody say popcorn?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), King_O_Hill (11-13-2013), nfsonofgod (11-14-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Call me Orville Redenbacher.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), nfsonofgod (11-14-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Your an idiot.

It's entertaining in the worst way when I see somebody say "your an idiot."

Come on, man. This is anecdotal. There is no "snowball" with anecdotes. Also, you can't call an entire group of consumers "stupid, freaks" or "scared."

This reminds me of a picture that went around that showed the demographics of Android users VS iPhone users, and the Android users pretty much said," ********. ANDROID USERS AREN'T CYNICS. THIS WAS PROBABLY MADE BY SOME GUY GETTING PAID BY APPLE TO POST THIS GARBAGE," which was also entertaining in the worst way.

Anyway, don't paint people with such a broad brush. It makes you look ignorant. I went from Android to Apple myself (and PC to Mac as well, actually) and am in no way a casual user—from over/underclocking on the old HTC to jailbreaking and tweaking on the new 5; from SQL to DOS on the old PC and UNIX to Xcode on the new Macs, I both know what I'm doing and what I'm looking for in a product. You cannot pretend that such a large group of people "just aren't thinking" when, for example, you can spend hours playing with different themes on your phone because you don't have to work for a living or have a family to raise, and cannot only not imagine what life would be to have to do that, but what you would value if you did—i.e., for example, a product that works quickly, seamlessly, consistently, is not fragmented and does the things that you want it to do (i.e. the things that you value) better than anything else.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christophxr For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), novadam (11-13-2013)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast