+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Trend of Android Users Converting to the iPhone Continues to Accelerate

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by smith01 Your an idiot. His 6 friends switched. ALL of my friends switched. Then it snowballs. ALl of their friends switched to Android and all if their
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Your an idiot.
    His 6 friends switched. ALL of my friends switched. Then it snowballs. ALl of their friends switched to Android and all if their friends and so on.
    Eventually all thats left with iPhones are the Apple freaks and people with more money than sense.

iPhones are overpriced pieces of junk. Go compare the iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S4 and you will see the 5S is a piece of junk which is about 2 years behind the standards of other manufactures of Androids.

There are so many phones better than iPhone these days I wonder why iPhones even sell. It's all those Apple freaks that buy them as they are too stupid to leave their house to go to a shop and look at any other phone, they all buy them online as they are too scared to leave their house or should I say their parents basement.
    You obviously did the superficial numbers comparison of "2 cores vs. 4 cores vs. 8 cores", "1.3GHz vs. 1.8GHz", "512 MB vs. 1GB vs. 2GB", "8M pixels vs. 13M pixels vs. 41M pixels" etc., it only proves that you are actually the one who got easily fooled, not by Apple, but by Samsung, etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tongxinshe For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,153 Times in 5,908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Fact is iPhone is one entity, using mainly a single closed software (aside from jailbreakers and those who just don't update) to literally hundreds of devices with different Ram, screen size, compatibility, features some of which can only run brand new android OS some run a chincey version of an old OS loaded with ad software by their carrier, tablets, phablets, smart phones, dumb phones, and all the other elements that make it fragmented. Like king said. You are comparing a phone to an OS
    Thank you!

That was my point exactly!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Fact is iPhone is one entity, using mainly a single closed software (aside from jailbreakers and those who just don't update) to literally hundreds of devices with different Ram, screen size, compatibility, features some of which can only run brand new android OS some run a chincey version of an old OS loaded with ad software by their carrier, tablets, phablets, smart phones, dumb phones, and all the other elements that make it fragmented. Like king said. You are comparing a phone to an OS
    (Ok so we are going to only compare specs now? something apple is against and there are more than a few phones that beat the iphone spec wise! Wow )

and when "idevices" and "ios devices" are reported how is this different? Iphone is all models still running as a phone and using different versions of IOS, IOS 7.0.3 and 6.1.4 are current up to date IOS's I can and do connect to the apple store with a 5c 5 4 and old 3gs I have. All are official Iphones all are different and even run different versions of IOS. All register as IOS and add to the numbers , It seems you want the numbers to say only newer devices will be the large number of IOS, I think this is not the case, I think the number of older devices still running are larger than some people believe
    Last edited by WHUDS; 11-13-2013 at 08:03 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,234 Times in 2,713 Posts

I think what they are referring to is the chart of users switching in the original post. but I am lost at this point, lol

there are several phones that outclass the iPhone , even the newer 5s. and it is hard to compare droid to apple os. cause droid os goes on so many different devices. while iOS is restrained to just apple. I know where I stand on tis, cause apple has always been my thing. I have seems one slick and awesome droid phones without a doubt. but just not my cup of tea.

as I said earlier today, I think threads like this are pointless and a bit misleading. most of the statistics spit out from so many of these charts are form different quarters of different years and different surveys from different people, like a bad game of family feud......" Survey Sayssss!" ha

I will glorify apple, I have owned them for a long time, when customer support didn't have to be scheduled with a genus bar 22 year old who thinks he knows more than everyone else around him, even tho he is more than likely not 10.8 certified. I would almost tell you one of my secrets, lol. its all good tho, we are here to have a good time and debate about things, not fight about who's phone plays a movie the fastest and cleares, or who's grandma switched to iPhone before the other one while on an oxygen machine.

that serious enough for ya

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Corporations are going iPhone. If they have not yet, they plan to in the future. Remember when all business men/women would carry a BB? Those days are over. What do they carry now? IPhone of course.
    Really? Last I heard a Texas State agency was about to dump the iPhones they have issued and go to an Android based environment for their cellular solution.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,153 Times in 5,908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Really? Last I heard a Texas State agency was about to dump the iPhones they have issued and go to an Android based environment for their cellular solution.
    I doubt that. Android is far too unsecure for a state agency.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 600 Posts

The Feds still use BlackBerry.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I went the opposite direction. My mom had wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 5 over the summer and I just gave her mine and used her upgrade to get an S4 with the thinking of if I didn't like it I'd just get the knew iPhone once it's released in the fall. The 5S came out and I didn't even consider switching back. While I believe the iPhone is better in terms of build quality, it just isn't near as fun for me. I'll continue to recommend the iPhone to most of the people I know because it's a much more simplistic phone and there are some subtle things that I like much better on it, but if you're a nerd and like to get your hands dirty, I'll send you straight to Android.

That being said, I don't see myself straying from the iPad line anytime in the foreseeable future. The Air is just incredible!
    I agree 100%. I too switched to an S4 and will never look back but my father wanted to buy a smartphone a few months back and I sent him straight to the iPhone and he loves it. I think it's a great smartphone especially for someone who has never had one. If you want to get into customizing and totally nerding out, an Android device is the way to go.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,348 Times in 4,249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    The Feds still use BlackBerry.
    Ya beat me to it, Mcooper. I was just gonna mention the Feds and their Blackberries. Strange to me.. But it's a fact.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ya beat me to it, Mcooper. I was just gonna mention the Feds and their Blackberries. Strange to me.. But it's a fact.
    Yeah, the tech guys say its something to do with the email security blah blah blah. Truth be known....they are the cheapest bidder.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

Thanks

You're not implying that the government is "cheap" in anything it does are you? Actually the government tends to buy the most expensive thing out there not the least. Don't you think?

Thanks

You're not implying that the government is "cheap" in anything it does are you? Actually the government tends to buy the most expensive thing out there not the least. Don't you think?
    Not the way it works. There is the GSA (General Services Administration) that purchases and distributes the majority of government assets. They have an incredible set of guidelines on who they are allowed to purchase items from. For instance, a lot of general office supplies come from special programs like "Lighthouse for the Blind". So, if the GSA needs ink pens, they have to purchase through the special programs. But when it comes to things that aren't handles by those programs then they have to put out a contract for the items and it almost always goes to the lowest bidder. It's actually a lot more complex than this explanation, but you get the gist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcooper View Post
    Not the way it works. There is the GSA (General Services Administration) that purchases and distributes the majority of government assets. They have an incredible set of guidelines on who they are allowed to purchase items from. For instance, a lot of general office supplies come from special programs like "Lighthouse for the Blind". So, if the GSA needs ink pens, they have to purchase through the special programs. But when it comes to things that aren't handles by those programs then they have to put out a contract for the items and it almost always goes to the lowest bidder. It's actually a lot more complex than this explanation, but you get the gist.
    Interesting. If what you say is true - where do you think all the caricatures of the government ponying up for gold plated toilet seats comes from? It's a widely held belief. And what about all the complaints of govn't waste? Is it all nonsense?

Thanks

Interesting. If what you say is true - where do you think all the caricatures of the government ponying up for gold plated toilet seats comes from? It's a widely held belief. And what about all the complaints of govn't waste? Is it all nonsense?
    Of course there is government waste. Just not as much a you think when it comes to procurement of general supplies. Sorry, the million dollar hammers just don't exist. As for the toilet seats....I'll never tell!

I apologize to everyone that this convo has gotten way off topic.
    Last edited by mcooper; 11-14-2013 at 12:08 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mcooper For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (11-14-2013)

desconocido
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,996 Times in 2,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I agree 100%. I too switched to an S4 and will never look back but my father wanted to buy a smartphone a few months back and I sent him straight to the iPhone and he loves it. I think it's a great smartphone especially for someone who has never had one. If you want to get into customizing and totally nerding out, an Android device is the way to go.

after 6 months with the i5, i bought the GS4 in may... the worst phone i've ever owned BUT not because of the phone, because of the bad optimization of touchwiz. that stupid lag killed me!!

i gave it to my sister (good enough for her) and 2 weeks ago i bought the Nexus 5, that's the real android experience.

and my mother owns my i5 but she hates iOS7. xD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schnedi View Post
    after 6 months with the i5, i bought the GS4 in may... the worst phone i've ever owned BUT not because of the phone, because of the bad optimization of touchwiz. that stupid lag killed me!!

i gave it to my sister (good enough for her) and 2 weeks ago i bought the Nexus 5, that's the real android experience.

and my mother owns my i5 but she hates iOS7. xD
    So you've left iPhone behind forever?

desconocido
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,996 Times in 2,345 Posts

So you've left iPhone behind forever?

mmm not forever. if Apple would release an iphone with a bigger screen i would buy it.

but for the moment i'm in love with the N5 :P

Thanks

mmm not forever. if Apple would release an iphone with a bigger screen i would buy it.

You writing widgets for Android?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,754 Times in 6,861 Posts

The Nexus 5 is a awesome device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i went to the xperia zl solely for the bigger screen. played with a s3 at the time. absolutely hated touchwiz. dont mind sony's take on android but dont like it anywhere near as much as ios. never tried a nexus device so cant say about it. just dont like android nearly as much. plus knowing theres 4.3 and 4.4 available but not being able to install it except for cwm's. but then you lose functions.