Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Trend of Android Users Converting to the iPhone Continues to Accelerate

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    It's entertaining in the worst way when I see somebody say "your an idiot."

Come on, man. This is anecdotal. There is no "snowball" with anecdotes. Also, you can't call an entire group of consumers "stupid, freaks" or "scared."

This reminds me of a picture that went around that showed the demographics of Android users VS iPhone users, and the Android users pretty much said," ********. ANDROID USERS AREN'T CYNICS. THIS WAS PROBABLY MADE BY SOME GUY GETTING PAID BY APPLE TO POST THIS GARBAGE," which was also entertaining in the worst way.

Anyway, don't paint people with such a broad brush. It makes you look ignorant. I went from Android to Apple myself (and PC to Mac as well, actually) and am in no way a casual user—from over/underclocking on the old HTC to jailbreaking and tweaking on the new 5; from SQL to DOS on the old PC and UNIX to Xcode on the new Macs, I both know what I'm doing and what I'm looking for in a product. You cannot pretend that such a large group of people "just aren't thinking" when, for example, you can spend hours playing with different themes on your phone because you don't have to work for a living or have a family to raise, and cannot only not imagine what life would be to have to do that, but what you would value if you did—i.e., for example, a product that works quickly, seamlessly, consistently, is not fragmented and does the things that you want it to do (i.e. the things that you value) better than anything else.
    Very we'll said.
    Btw I'm an idiot because I bought my 5s online and waited 3 weeks to get it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Parana6 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I went the opposite direction. My mom had wanted to upgrade to the iPhone 5 over the summer and I just gave her mine and used her upgrade to get an S4 with the thinking of if I didn't like it I'd just get the knew iPhone once it's released in the fall. The 5S came out and I didn't even consider switching back. While I believe the iPhone is better in terms of build quality, it just isn't near as fun for me. I'll continue to recommend the iPhone to most of the people I know because it's a much more simplistic phone and there are some subtle things that I like much better on it, but if you're a nerd and like to get your hands dirty, I'll send you straight to Android.

That being said, I don't see myself straying from the iPad line anytime in the foreseeable future. The Air is just incredible!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

ABOSWORTH (11-14-2013), hemptation (11-13-2013), WHUDS (11-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, the data can possibly be right in monetary sense, but actually believing that Android users are shifting towards Apple in such a huge number is a little far stretched. Android phones are available at a fraction of iOs's. Importantly, the commonly used Android apps are available for free while the same apps for iOs are paid, the biggest example is wattsapp which is planning to charge a small annual subscription fees to Apple users, while Android users can have it for free.

Most importantly, there are still numerous people who could afford Smartphone, only coz Android is so cheap, otherwise if Apple would have been the only option in Smartphone, many would still be in the old Nokia days.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnapTap For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), WHUDS (11-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Your an idiot.
    His 6 friends switched. ALL of my friends switched. Then it snowballs. ALl of their friends switched to Android and all if their friends and so on.
    Eventually all thats left with iPhones are the Apple freaks and people with more money than sense.

iPhones are overpriced pieces of junk. Go compare the iPhone 5S to the Galaxy S4 and you will see the 5S is a piece of junk which is about 2 years behind the standards of other manufactures of Androids.

There are so many phones better than iPhone these days I wonder why iPhones even sell. It's all those Apple freaks that buy them as they are too stupid to leave their house to go to a shop and look at any other phone, they all buy them online as they are too scared to leave their house or should I say their parents basement.
    Let me give you a piece of advice. First of all. Don't call someone a name unless you know them well
    Enough to get away with it. And that right there could save your life

Secondly. The s4 might out class the 4s but the phones apple
    Made 3 years ago are still
    Worth money. And still being used to this day tell me how many Samsung original s3 phones are floating around.

I am not sure where you live , buy where I am population around 250k, every one and their mama and their mama has an iPhone.

I was arguing this same argument with pc
    Owners 15 years ago Now. That's not saying pc's don't work. And droid phones are not good phones. Cause they are few great devices. HTc one. The new s4 to name a few But apple
    Consistently makes great reliable products

You call me a name again for making a joke And you and I are going to have a problem. You understand me? I'm not 20 years old I'm married and have kids. And I don't have time to argue with anyone online.

And if your so smart. Why don't you count how
    Many times I called you a name in this post.
    Last edited by hemptation; 11-13-2013 at 07:13 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (11-13-2013), King_O_Hill (11-13-2013), nfsonofgod (11-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by omar010 View Post
    I dont know where they are getting these numbers, but I know a lot of people that have gone from iphone to android not the other way around.
    Our office was all Iphone required now its optional and Android is over 50%, The Doc's who have android love them. I have an I5 and an Android tablet, my I5 is nice and stable, so is my tablet, in the past android phones were too buggy to rely on

Well eating a lot of popcorn, this little release of info has once again been ignored here, never let the truth interfere with a cherished item! Android push's past 80% of market

FRAMINGHAM, Mass. November 12, 2013 – Google's Android operating system reached a new milestone during the third quarter of 2013 (3Q13), according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker. With a total base of 211.6 million smartphone units shipped during the quarter, Android accounted for 81.0% of all smartphone shipments, marking the first time that Android topped 80% in its short history. Despite high saturation rates in a number of mature markets, the overall smartphone space grew 39.9% year-over-year in the third quarter.

Also reaching a milestone was Microsoft's Windows Phone, which grew an amazing 156.0% year over year. Granted, volumes started from a small base of 3.7 million units a year ago and overall market share is still less than five percent. But Microsoft's efforts, with Nokia's support behind it, helped drive the platform into multiple tiers and price points.
    If Android phones are over 80% of the phones then how is Iphone dominating?

The facts say otherwise if this data is correct and its what I see everyday, I see more Android in the hands of patients then Iphone, then as popular as Iphone is it's not even 50% of the phone market, at most its 15 to 18% ( I hate windows phone anyway a stupid move on MS part)
    Last edited by WHUDS; 11-13-2013 at 07:54 AM.

The fact is. No body knows the true statistics of how many owners own how many devices and what decides they are. These numbers were pulled from a so many people survey. As most statistics are And from people that don't mind taking the time to fill out a survey

These threads are pointless and normally end in droid vs iPhone arguments. That's the real statistic

I can say this. I have about 500 folks in my contacts. And about 80% of them are iPhone owners. And I meet new people everyday on my job. And most of them are iPhone owners. The point is, just like a theme. It is what ever suits the person and their needs If droid works for you. Awesome

This site is apple related so it takes a. True idiot to come on this site just to bash apple I don't agree with these statistics. Cause in general those people don't know either
    Last edited by hemptation; 11-13-2013 at 08:08 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Our office was all Iphone required now its optional and Android is over 50%, The Doc's who have android love them. I have an I5 and an Android tablet, my I5 is nice and stable, so is my tablet, in the past android phones were too buggy to rely on

Well eating a lot of popcorn, this little release of info has once again been ignored here, never let the truth interfere with a cherished item! Android push's past 80% of market

The facts say otherwise if this data is correct and its what I see everyday, I see more Android in the hands of patients then Iphone, then as popular as Iphone is it's not even 50% of the phone market, at most its 15 to 18% ( I hate windows phone anyway a stupid move on MS part)
    I think you completely misunderstood the post. It says nothing about domination and even suggests apple isn't focused on market share. All it is saying is that more of its new users are form droid users as compared to last year. This is not about total sales or shares at all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuff Said For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Well it's all about semantics, Nuff Said. Lol. I love that name btw. From oceans movie. Lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-13-2013)

You are making the same mistake that most of the android users make. You are comparing a phone(iPhone) to an operating system(android).

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), nfsonofgod (11-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Let me give you a piece of advice. First of all. Don't call someone a name unless you know them well
    Enough to get away with it. And that right there could save your life

Secondly. The s4 might out class the 4s but the phones apple
    Made 3 years ago are still
    Worth money. And still being used to this day tell me how many Samsung original s3 phones are floating around.

I am not sure where you live , buy where I am population around 250k, every one and their mama and their mama has an iPhone.

I was arguing this same argument with pc
    Owners 15 years ago Now. That's not saying pc's don't work. And droid phones are not good phones. Cause they are few great devices. HTc one. The new s4 to name a few But apple
    Consistently makes great reliable products

You call me a name again for making a joke And you and I are going to have a problem. You understand me? I'm not 20 years old I'm married and have kids. And I don't have time to argue with anyone online.

And if your so smart. Why don't you count how
    Many times I called you a name in this post.
    Y so serious?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom1234 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Android is an all encompassing term for anything not apple. There are android flip phones, smart phones, tablets, phablets etc, they all run different versions of fragmented software and hardware which is not governed by any sort of standard. That said, saying android is better than apple is like saying all BMW regardless of make or model is better than the brand new Mercedes I'm driving. Nobody narrows their argument because they can't, android is lost on fragmentation...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

WOW did sombody wake up on the whong side of the bed get a grip dude people.

Anybody else still waiting for Jon? Lol

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), King_O_Hill (11-13-2013)

Thanks

Corporations are going iPhone. If they have not yet, they plan to in the future. Remember when all business men/women would carry a BB? Those days are over. What do they carry now? IPhone of course.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Anybody else still waiting for Jon? Lol
    +1

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

28. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Just don't like being called names by anyone that doesn't know me. And I can promise I am nowhere near as serious as the post sounded

I joined this site because I like apple products Not to be trolled by anyone that clearly doesn't like apple This isn't
    BashMyI. For all that there is no need in posting here or even having an account Just my 2 cents.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (11-13-2013), King_O_Hill (11-13-2013), NewdestinyX (11-14-2013)

I don't understand how this is significant? Because according to that same graph the number of Blackberry users switching to iPhone has shrunk. Therefore....OMG BLACKBERRY PWNZ iPHONE FTW!!!!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NegativeBeef For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Your an idiot.
    If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, it's best not to make 5th grade grammatical errors in your insult.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to AUZambo For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You are making the same mistake that most of the android users make. You are comparing a phone(iPhone) to an operating system(android).
    I made no mistake, Number one I use an Iphone 5 and Iphone 4 my wife has a 5c my daughter a 4

Number 2
    ios phones are outnumbered by android phones plain and simple.

But people tend to get emotional about it and argue till they feel they win

Facts are facts

I made no mistake, Number one I use an Iphone 5 and Iphone 4 my wife has a 5c my daughter a 4

Number 2
    ios phones are outnumbered by android phones plain and simple.

But people tend to get emotional about it and argue till they feel they win

Facts are facts
    Fact is iPhone is one entity, using mainly a single closed software (aside from jailbreakers and those who just don't update) to literally hundreds of devices with different Ram, screen size, compatibility, features some of which can only run brand new android OS some run a chincey version of an old OS loaded with ad software by their carrier, tablets, phablets, smart phones, dumb phones, and all the other elements that make it fragmented. Like king said. You are comparing a phone to an OS

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-13-2013), King_O_Hill (11-13-2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast