Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evad3rs: We Are Still Working on the iOS 7 Jailbreak

Default Evad3rs: We Are Still Working on the iOS 7 Jailbreak

In case you're in need of reassurance that an iOS 7 jailbreak is still being worked on, look no further than the recently-spoken words of iOS hacker Nikias Bassen (pimskeks), one of the hackers involved with the evad3rs hacker team.

He explains that the evad3rs are still working on the jailbreak and asks for patience. As we could imagine, the team is probably getting pummeled by questions about ETAs and progress.

iOS 7 was released in September, and users are patiently awaiting a jailbreak to start customizing their devices just like they were able to in the iOS 6 days. Many jailbreakers are still on iOS 6 as they continue to preserve the jailbreak that they already have.

Since the initial release of iOS 7, Apple has released a number of updates to the operating system, which fix bugs and security issues, but even the latest version of iOS, version 7.0.3, is susceptible to a jailbreak, as iOS hacker MuscleNerd pointed out near the end of October:

While even the latest version of iOS 7 is vulnerable to the exploits that the evad3rs have been tinkering with, Apple still has a variety of updates planned for iOS that will be out in the future. iOS 7.0.4 has been gaining traction in Web logs, and iOS 7.1 is still in the middle of internal testing. We would recommend holding off on these updates until the evad3rs have had a chance to confirm the safety of upgrading.

While today’s Tweet from pimskeks doesn’t go into any vivid detail, it does let us know that the iOS 7 jailbreak is still being diligently worked on and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of work goes into creating a jailbreak, including testing all of the available devices, creating a tool that the average user can operate, and ensuring that the jailbreak is stable enough to release to the public.

We continue to offer thanks to the developers that make jailbreaking possible and with them the best of luck in succeeding.

Sources: pimskeks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (11-08-2013), nfsonofgod (11-08-2013), xWalmartCandyx (11-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

I almost forgot these guys exist

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

Sage I (11-08-2013), xWalmartCandyx (11-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Its impossible to forget these guys, without them I'd have moved to Android long ago

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (11-08-2013), dapes (11-08-2013), HovikGas (11-08-2013), Robmille (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Its impossible to forget these guys, without them I'd have moved to Android long ago
    Agree he's just trolling pay no attention :$

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (11-09-2013)

Thanks

Right! I haven't even been on Cydia since I got a 5s... I want that jailbreak, I'm also enjoying a stock experience at the moment... Years back I needed a jailbreak in order to use my iPhone... Definitely will jailbreak when it's out...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

Cardiac (11-09-2013)

How much money do these guys make in donations 4 jailbreaking?

Do they all hold a full-time job?

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Right! I haven't even been on Cydia since I got a 5s... I want that jailbreak, I'm also enjoying a stock experience at the moment... Years back I needed a jailbreak in order to use my iPhone... Definitely will jailbreak when it's out...
    Same here. Love ios7.

Quote Originally Posted by kosher1 View Post
    How much money do these guys make in donations 4 jailbreaking?

Do they all hold a full-time job?

Same here. Love ios7.
    I bet they make 5 figures off donations easily

I'll slap your mother in the face

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to H@nson For This Useful Post:

PoEtikly (11-09-2013), Scheuerle (11-09-2013), sidneyfrank1977 (11-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thatstastic View Post
    I bet they make 5 figures off donations easily
    More like 6 figures each. These dudes are doing more than ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    More like 6 figures each. These dudes are doing more than ok.
    Yea people donate any amount of money. Their are like 2 mill jail broken devices.

I wonder if they'll ever tell us how much they make off of their jailbreak. By all accounts they need not, but I'm just curious now

I will wait patiently indeed and there's no need for me to rush keep updating to the latest IOS software. Thinking that it will be more stable once you update to the latest version. Anyways, I love iOS7 a lot and I will not be updating to anymore version until MuscleNerd release the JB for it. Can't wait and patiently waiting . Without these guys my iPhone would be so simple and plain.....
    Last edited by BUcLAo69; 11-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.

I haven't had a need for Jailbreak news for the lack of necessity to Jailbreak. I almost forgot that it was even being worked on because of that. I most likely will be keeping up-to-date as updates release as I no longer feel a real need to Jailbreak. Mayhaps after 7.1 drops I will Jailbreak but mayhaps not.

So is 7.0.3 safe?

They are making hell lot more 6 figures.Apple gives them kickback like Microsoft gives the hackers. They are getting trunk load of money from the advertising companies associated with Apple for their delay in JB.

Thanks

Hell I don't care if they get 7 figures, still running 6.1.2 and its stable a hell. So will 7 be once I can JB it, they offer it for free, so they deserve what they get, and its probably less than you think.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XweAponX For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (11-08-2013), ohthatguyagain (11-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chudirvai View Post
    They are making hell lot more 6 figures.Apple gives them kickback like Microsoft gives the hackers. They are getting trunk load of money from the advertising companies associated with Apple for their delay in JB.
    Keep in mind there's a split involved

Good job guys im still on ios 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Yea people donate any amount of money. Their are like 2 mill jail broken devices.
    Many of which are people that are just using it and don't donate. Just because people have a jail broken device doesn't mean that they donate

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast