Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 149

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Evad3rs: We Are Still Working on the iOS 7 Jailbreak

  1. #101
    Where do you get those figures from?
    MN does not accept a penny and George Hotz once told me that donations were a LOT less than people made out. I have no idea how much anyone gets. Do you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  2. #102
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,006
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Lol @ 5-6 figure income. I don't believe any of them have ever said how much money they received from doing this, except Comex, I believe he estimated about how much he received from his jailbreakme ones, not even close to 6 figures.

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Where do you get those figures from?
    MN does not accept a penny and George Hotz once told me that donations were a LOT less than people made out. I have no idea how much anyone gets. Do you?
    Confy, meet Newdestiny, he guesstimates his figures based on his "considerable" research and knowledge on every topic he comments on and passes them off as fact. He doesn't require proof, because it his him.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (12-04-2013), Krima (12-04-2013)

  4. #103
    The alleged income level that they make is something I actually picked up from the forum here. Several have posed it. Of course we can't prove it. But do the math.. Even at $1 donation from 75% of jailbreakers.. that would be quite a pile of cash each new release yearly. It's just simple math, guys.

    Suffice it to say that they're not in the same category as the poor Cydia devs that barely make anything. The jailbreak devs make a boatload of cash - or should I say "take in" a boatload of cash. Can't be sure what they do with it. But they receive hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

    BOATloads of cash.. No doubt in my mind. Believe what you will.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-04-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  5. #104
    75%?

    You really overestimate the number of people that donate massively.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (12-04-2013), Scheuerle (12-08-2013)

  7. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    75%?

    You really overestimate the number of people that donate massively.
    If you say so.. Proof?
    Even at 20% donating $1.. Is a BOAT LOAD of cash yearly.. Simple math my friend.. Somebody's making a PILE of cash as there is 0 overhead expense - except their valuable time. This is really a no brainer to me.. And I will keep "expecting" things from the devs as paid professionals.

    But I respect your view. I just don't share it.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. #106
    Even at 20% you are wildly overestimating from what I have heard.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (12-04-2013)

  10. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Even at 20% you are wildly overestimating from what I have heard.
    Don't believe that for a moment. Whatever the % - they make boatloads of cash from what I've heard as they also sell what they've learned to Apple.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #108
    They deserve the 6 or 7 figure sums after all the effort apple those dum pricks better help them slyly but I think they've done it just tying up the loose ends want no come backs I my self have sent and will continue to support financially keep it up boys


    Ultimate warrior

  12. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Don't believe that for a moment. Whatever the % - they make boatloads of cash from what I've heard as they also sell what they've learned to Apple.
    So I'm supposed to believe your 'estimates' rather than facts I've been told by people I trust?

    Yeah, right.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  13. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So I'm supposed to believe your 'estimates' rather than facts I've been told by people I trust?

    Yeah, right.
    As if I'm just gonna take your word that "you're in the know more than anyone else".... You have no idea who I know or am connected to. I'm telling you.. Several of the JB devs make a significant part of their income from making our JB's - even moreso - since iOS 5.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. #111
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,790
    Thanks
    7,006
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    As if I'm just gonna take your word that "you're in the know more than anyone else".... You have no idea who I know or am connected to. I'm telling you.. Several of the JB devs make a significant part of their income from making our JB's - even moreso - since iOS 5.
    He is "in the know" as you say about these things far more than you are. He may not work for those guys anymore but did at one point. What is your extent to talking to the actual jailbreak devs? Tweeting them and hope they don't ignore you?

    You are greatly over exaggerating the generosity of people. If people who donate are anything like people who use Cydia (which is safe to assume I think), then you are looking more at the 5-10% range of jailbreakers who actually donate.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (12-04-2013), hemptation (12-04-2013)

  16. #112
    People's perceptions of these guys is so completely different from the genuinely decent guys I used to have the pleasure of talking to, it is a different world. MN and PlanetBeing would not be working with others if they did not think they were 'genuine' - ie totally the opposite of the money grabbing people that some people seem to think they are.
    I have nothing but respect for all of them, I have vague ideas of what they are going through and doubt if things have changed to much from when my opinion was sought and thrown into the mix. Decisions were always made for the greatest good and I have no reason to suspect that that has changed.
    New people have come along and I am sure they have a lot of influence, but the originals would not work with them if they didn't believe in their principals.
    I could be wrong.

    But I don't think so.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (12-04-2013), hemptation (12-04-2013)

  18. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    People's perceptions of these guys is so completely different from the genuinely decent guys I used to have the pleasure of talking to, it is a different world. MN and PlanetBeing would not be working with others if they did not think they were 'genuine' - ie totally the opposite of the money grabbing people that some people seem to think they are.
    I have nothing but respect for all of them, I have vague ideas of what they are going through and doubt if things have changed to much from when my opinion was sought and thrown into the mix. Decisions were always made for the greatest good and I have no reason to suspect that that has changed.
    New people have come along and I am sure they have a lot of influence, but the originals would not work with them if they didn't believe in their principals.
    I could be wrong.

    But I don't think so.
    Please don't add to what I'm saying. I believe in great intentions from these guys and they're certainly hard-working. But they also get very well paid for what they do. That's the only point I'm trying to make here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    He is "in the know" as you say about these things far more than you are. He may not work for those guys anymore but did at one point. What is your extent to talking to the actual jailbreak devs? Tweeting them and hope they don't ignore you?

    You are greatly over exaggerating the generosity of people. If people who donate are anything like people who use Cydia (which is safe to assume I think), then you are looking more at the 5-10% range of jailbreakers who actually donate.
    As a general rule, Simon, most people including you are way more in the know on topics like this than I am. And I've learned a lot and have come to trust your input. But in this instance your knowledge and Confucius' knowledge isn't necessarily greater than mine. I could be wrong - but I just happened upon the inner circle of the devs in kind of a funny way when I was working on trying to start my unlock business. Suffice it to say - I'm not shooting in the dark here. And when I say they make loads.. I know what I'm talking about.

    But it doesn't diminish my respect at all for them. And as I said a couple posts back the "Making loads" phenomenon is more of a recent thing. In the early days it wasn't the same.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-04-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  19. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Please don't add to what I'm saying. I believe in great intentions from these guys and they're certainly hard-working. But they also get very well paid for what they do. That's the only point I'm trying to make here.

    As a general rule, Simon, most people including you are way more in the know on topics like this than I am. And I've learned a lot and have come to trust your input. But in this instance your knowledge and Confucius' knowledge isn't necessarily greater than mine. I could be wrong - but I just happened upon the inner circle of the devs in kind of a funny way when I was working on trying to start my unlock business. Suffice it to say - I'm not shooting in the dark here. And when I say they make loads.. I know what I'm talking about.

    But it doesn't diminish my respect at all for them. And as I said a couple posts back the "Making loads" phenomenon is more of a recent thing. In the early days it wasn't the same.
    With all due respect, I really don't think you know what the 'inner circle' of the debs is and what you 'happened upon' certainly isn't it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (12-04-2013), hemptation (12-04-2013), Simon (12-04-2013)

  21. #115
    I just got off the phone with Jesus. He said the jail break will be here in January. Since he Is a god and all , ima take his word on it. Lol

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

    Krima (12-04-2013), Scheuerle (12-08-2013), Simon (12-04-2013)

  23. #116
    Grant, you are doing it again.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (12-04-2013), hemptation (12-04-2013), Krima (12-04-2013), Simon (12-04-2013)

  25. #117
    He isn't doing it again, he is just being himself.

    By the way, I just spoke with Obama and he assured me the healthcare website will be completely fixed by next week. No need for evidence, when I speak its the truth, when others speak I have the right to demand proof(Grantology).
    Last edited by Krima; 12-04-2013 at 09:37 PM.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (12-05-2013), hemptation (12-04-2013)

  27. #118
    Grantology
    Haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Grant, you are doing it again.
    If I'm doing "it" again, King, what's Confucious and Simon doing? We're just a bunch of guys sharing opinions and experiences., Just wondering what the "it" is..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-04-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (12-05-2013)

  29. #119
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,921
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

    Girls, girls...you're all pretty! Let's move on!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (12-05-2013)

  31. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    With all due respect, I really don't think you know what the 'inner circle' of the debs is and what you 'happened upon' certainly isn't it.
    Again - you simply have "no" idea what I'm talking about. Every word you say, makes it more clear that you're just trying to protect some image of the devs. You don't need to protect anything, Confucious. Just let the opinions flow. When you react this way - it makes you sound like you're trying to protect something that doesn't need your protecting.


    Our devs are awesome, hardworking, "and" well-paid for their labors.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    hemptation (12-05-2013)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •