Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evad3rs: We Are Still Working on the iOS 7 Jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Exchange Policy has worked flawlessly for me from day 1 I used it. No anomalies. But I do agree that the fingerprint replacement of a password entry will at least let me not type those 4 characters. But it's still more than I need now.
    That's great! Like I said, I loved it when it worked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Glad to see an official iOS 7 jailbreak page. The amount of fake sites out there advertising it is unreal. I almost lost hope of finding anything legit :/ my faith has now been restored

Yeah.. Anything promising "any time soon" is fake.. Subscribe to the "official" evad3rs twitter feed.. You'll know it's the legit one from all the fakes by the fact that the follower count is over 1 million now.. I think.. The fake ones are in the low thousands.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cheers mate! Done. I crave more for it now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If a jailbreak for iPhone 5s is ready it would be out to the public unless politics, money or potential Apple Jobs are being use to keep the team out of play. Glad my iP 5, iOS 6.1 JB is still working great.
    I would love to see the 5s run with a JB.
    I bet it will scare the Androids to death.
    Last edited by Dr Joepa; 11-27-2013 at 01:14 AM.

It's not out because its not ready. Simple.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It's not out because its not ready. Simple.
    I have offered to Beta test but didn't get a reply.
    I think there are reasons beyond not being ready as I have
    suggested. Money is the root of all evil and something is holding
    up the release. Remember it was coming with 7.0 then 7.x then
    iPad then iPad mini now maybe next Feb.
    That's hogwash. This is advertisement $$$
    for somebody, get real. I'm just grateful I have a JB 5 on 6.1
    to have my fun with while I wait with everyone else for
    a 7 JB for 5s and look forward to the iP 6.
    Time marches on and waiting for this sucks.

You really have very little idea, do you?
    Despite your very low opinion of the guys who do this sort of thing, they do it because they can, not for the money. Just because some of them are now willing to take money as a thank you does not make it their motive and no amount of money will make it happen any quicker (apart from i0nic who has made it quite clear he is in it for the money)

You offered to beta test it? Along with a million others. They have plenty of people willing to test.

It will be released when it is in a state when it's ready to be released and not before, despite your moaning.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-04-2013), darwina (11-29-2013)

I just want to tether my phone again.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,711 Times in 6,725 Posts

You wouldn't want a beta of the JB. I have my iPhone 4 JB'd on iOS 7, and although it is helping us sort theming, there aren't many tweaks that work well if at all.

You won't see a JB until 7.1 is released anyway. Possibly not until 7.2. This iOS is still in development and evolving.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

12. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You wouldn't want a beta of the JB. I have my iPhone 4 JB'd on iOS 7, and although it is helping us sort theming, there aren't many tweaks that work well if at all.

You won't see a JB until 7.1 is released anyway. Possibly not until 7.2. This iOS is still in development and evolving.
    Agreed. And the Twitter traffic I've been following isn't anywhere near the "we're right around the corner" phase of even where they were last year with iOS 6's jailbreak att this point in December. So I'm despairing that we're going to get anything even the first couple weeks of February. I think we'll be well into March before we get the JB this time..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Thanksgiving has come and gone, The wait really begins!
    The internet has had plenty of news this weekend that the Evad3rs have released a 7 jailbreak and the beat goes on but the download isn't anywhere to be found without the users paid sites. I guess you are correct Money dosen't matter to the "Team" they just want it to work like butter for all the little people who will wait till hell freezes over if necessary for it to be ready when it's ready. I think everyone already knows that the A6 is a rocket waiting for the fuse to be lit by the new jailbreak.
    Beta testers are good people who are willing to help by offering their devices to test run new methods and report
    their experiences. I have done beta testing many times for
    others in the past without any complaints. The idea that anyone is a superior wizard on jailbreaking is a myth for
    fairy tales. Modding a new operating system is a joy of discovery for most and may be a reward in itself.
    I make no apology for my desire to have a new working jailbreak for my iP 5s as soon as possible.
    And yes I am having a problem waiting. After all it's almost
    Christmas and I'm listening fir Santa.
    Last edited by Dr Joepa; 12-01-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Maybe. One thing I have noticed from the team. Is their ability to be quiet about the jail break. And each and every update is not getting posted like it used to. Because everyone hangs on every word they say. I think it is smart they are not revealing anything. And I serious when I say I think they are further along than anyone really knows. But them keeping quiet keeps the trolls at bay. And all the bickering about the JB down.

I mean really , every time something is posted , there is a new thread with ongoing debate about the progress. When in reality. None of us know the truth behind the break

Real talk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-04-2013), dwizurd (12-02-2013), King_O_Hill (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Maybe. One thing I have noticed from the team. Is their ability to be quiet about the jail break. And each and every update is not getting posted like it used to. Because everyone hangs on every word they say. I think it is smart they are not revealing anything. And I serious when I say I think they are further along than anyone really knows. But them keeping quiet keeps the trolls at bay. And all the bickering about the JB down.

I mean really , every time something is posted , there is a new thread with ongoing debate about the progress. When in reality. None of us know the truth behind the break

Real talk
    +1
    It'll come when it comes. If they talked about their progress, people would just complain even more that it's taking too long.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-04-2013), hemptation (12-03-2013)

Back in the day they dropped the break almost same day as iOS update. Ever since iOS 4 it has been takin them longer and longer. And the last 2 times 5 + 6. There were tons of people complaining, griping, insulting I think maybe even threatening. And at some point. I recall someone on the team announcing silence for the work. Which is the smartest thing to do Apple does it. They give us a date, but the break is different. I would actually rather have it thrown on me as a surprise anyway. Like wake up Xmas morning , and everyone is happy cause the iOS 7 jB dropped or
    Something to that nature. Lol

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-04-2013), King_O_Hill (12-03-2013)

I understand your points, Hemp, but the jailbreak devs are too much like rock stars to ever stay too silent. They actually like the attention in my experience. There are a couple of them that are very verbal - so you always can really know how far along they are..

Their silence "could be".. because of fear of bad backlash.. But more likely -- they're just not that far along..

We'll see.. though. I sure hope you're right, Hemp.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-03-2013)

Yea. It's a bit of wishful thinking on my end as well. Trying to keep the optimism up to. After the last spill, I would have thought that everyone working on it would sign a confidentiality agreement. Ha. It was bad on iOS 6. I know you remember. They got as much crap thrown at them as they did praise It was crazy. I even made the comment back then, that the best thing they could do is just work on it and be quiet until its done. I hope I am guessing right, but that's all it is bro. Just a guess

There are no confidentiality agreements, but no one involved would say anything or they wouldn't be involved.
    The ones who talk about it are the ones least likely to release.
    The Dev Team gave an ETA once - and what a night that was. Never again.
    Those that talk about it usually disappoint, the final 5% takes 90% off the work.
    I am no longer involved but know the sort of things that will be going on and am quietly confident that Evad3rs will release when it's ready. Speculation about their motives is wide of the mark.
    What they do for your benefit it a lot more than most people realise.
    I have nothing but respect for them.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I agree with that. Well said

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I am no longer involved but know the sort of things that will be going on and am quietly confident that Evad3rs will release when it's ready. Speculation about their motives is wide of the mark.
    What they do for your benefit it a lot more than most people realise.
    I have nothing but respect for them.
    Yes.. Agreed.. But let's not take out of the equation the 5 to 6 figure income they make from eventual donations. They're paid well for what they do and shouldn't complain too much about high expectations on a timetable from paying clients.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast