+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evad3rs: We Are Still Working on the iOS 7 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by hemptation Lol. This is always the same conversation. The people in the conversation change. But it is always the same I remember when they dropped the JB
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    Lol. This is always the same conversation. The people in the conversation change. But it is always the same I remember when they dropped the JB same day apple released the iOS.

Just be patient. And it will
    Come. They said it will drop before the end of the year this time So no more than 2 months And if you can't live without a jailbreak. Then modify your purchasing to suit. I bought my iPhone 5 while apple was signing 6.1.2 and the jailbreak was out.

I think they make a bit of money. They put work in. It's not hundreds of thousands tho. If it was that much, a major company would come in and take the work over and charge everyone. Think about it.

And I agree with several other people. iOS 7 is nice. Adds a lot
    Of functionality to the iOS that the jail break brought I just refuse to live without my phone being themed. That's my thing So I will always have a jailbreak. Please stop
    Complaining tho. It makes everyone look bad.
    Again, these guys clean up very well. So well they're in Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygree...k-your-iphone/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Until Apple figures out how to make texting work the way BiteSMS works (quick reply, etc) I won't even consider running a stock iOS unless by some stoke of bad luck I'm forced to..... Most of the other tweaks are fun but trying to do anything on the phone and hold a texting conversation is impossible using the stock app..... Love my jailbreak and donate with every new release... I figure if those guys are making good money they'll keep doing what the do.... Thanks to those much smarter than me...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to msurdyke For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    I understand what you mean considering ios7 has made many people forget about a jb
    Including myself.
    Would be cool to use a few tweaks but I can wait as long as it takes them.
    I'm with you on this, while I'm still excited to jb my 5S, I'm loving the look and feel of iOS 7
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Thanks

I have iOS 7 on my iPads and JB iOS 6 on my phone. 7 is too bright for me. Too much white space, it feels like.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiipro View Post
    So is 7.0.3 safe?
    Read the article again....if you want a jb now then stay on iOS 6. Don't upgrade until specified by the evader's (in which mmi ALWAYS posts an article about). If you're already on ios7 then I'm not sure if it matters because I'm sure that an ios7 jb will probably be released for the current FW that is newest when the jb is released. It's just a guess so don't take that as fact.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,835 Times in 4,437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I agree w/ everything else you said but I 'think' you've got your facts wrong. It was @winocm that said a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3/4 will be released before the end of the year. I don't recall the evaders ever saying the iOS 7 JB will come out this year.
    Yep. You're right. No ios7 JB until early February like last time.. Last 2 jailbreaks both took until Late Jan early Feb. And ios7 is a beast. Even harder to jailbreak. Then the tweaks we use will take a lot of rewriting too.. I expect we'll be fully functional by early March at the earliest. Long way to go yet.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,305 Times in 2,723 Posts

That's about right. Doesn't matter to me. I secured my jail break. And will not update until we have full functionality of winter board. Until then. A nifty tool is iLex Rat. Which allows us to restore back to factory or wipe Curia clean without having to upgrade the iOS

I apologize for my misdirection. Point is, it takes time now. And we as the end user, have to be patient and support our devs. And support our iCommunity as a whole. Appreciate the catch bro.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

dwizurd (11-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chudirvai View Post
    They are making hell lot more 6 figures.Apple gives them kickback like Microsoft gives the hackers. They are getting trunk load of money from the advertising companies associated with Apple for their delay in JB.
    How do you know this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Read the article again....if you want a jb now then stay on iOS 6. Don't upgrade until specified by the evader's (in which mmi ALWAYS posts an article about). If you're already on ios7 then I'm not sure if it matters because I'm sure that an ios7 jb will probably be released for the current FW that is newest when the jb is released. It's just a guess so don't take that as fact.
    What are you talking about? I think you are greatly confused here! I follow the Dev and evaders along with Musclenerd and they have clearly said to update to IOS 7.0.3 will save your Jail brake option. THere are two Jailbreaks being worked on, One for IOS 6.0.3 by wincom and one for 7.0.3 by evader's and they are not working on an IOS 6 Jailbreak.

The problem with Jailbreak is there are so many fake information sites out there with fake twitter accounts people read the fake stuff thinking its real and then argue with the wrong information. When a real Jailbreak and real information is released it will be a headline news here and on twitter and on iclarified for example.

IOS 6.0.3 JB by wincom
    IOS 7.0.3 JB by evaders team

as of when I posted this they are not out yet and its safe to update to 7.0.3

One last thing, if you do not update to 7.0.3 now before APple releases 7.0.4 or 7.1 you will be stuck on 6x for Jail break until a new Jailbreak comes out unless the team says the new IOS did not close Jailbreaking. If the team can use the exploit to JB 7.1 once they get a hold of it soon, it may delay our JB until 7.1 is released

I would not wait I would upgrade to 7.0.3 ASAP
    Last edited by WHUDS; 11-09-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks

Winocm is not the same as wincom
    Evad3rs are not the same ad the Dev team
    The Dev team never have and never will take donations.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I agree that they get mixed up

I have been following the real wincom and he's a funny guy ( or gal) lol

As far as ModMyI I agree it will be reported here, but reading the old posts and pointing to them you can get the wrong info at times, officially you can update to 7.0.3 and still jailbreak when its ready.

I have no idea if it will be true updating to 7.0.4 or 7.1
    Last edited by WHUDS; 11-09-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks

You have been following the 'real wincom'

Oh dear...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

Its @winOCm, not @winCOm

He even got pissed that people keep calling him @wincom

@wincom looks like chick w/ three tweets, TOTAL!
    Last edited by thazsar; 11-09-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You have been following the 'real wincom'

Oh dear...
    I made a mistake its @winocm ( 36.5k followers) its the real person, so kill me

Also I thought some of the same people on the original Dev team are on the evad3rs team?

guess planetbeing ( 194.8k followers) is not a good one to follow either? Oh I give up...... this site at times makes it hard to know real info because you would rather bash then give out real info....

I made a mistake and these two among a few others I follow for info. the only one that updates a lot ( not about JB all the time) is winocm
    Last edited by WHUDS; 11-09-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,305 Times in 2,723 Posts

Just like grant pointed out, it will be January February for release more than likely. Then another month or so for updates to everything else. And when they drop the jailbreak. It will be for the most current iOS available. It always has been. Don't think it would change now. And if it was different. Then why would they wait. Most of it is common sense if you just think about it. I have been jail breaking for a while now. And my best advice is to update your phone every February or march. Lol. I have 2 years in a row. Bought new phone, same day came home and jail broke

I really hope iLex is updated to support further iOS updates and jail breaks. And if it is, this would be key for anyone with the jail break This tweak allows you to restore your phone without updating your iOS. Or it will allow you to wipe everything from Curia on your phone and start with a fresh jailbreak. Cause often we install things that conflict or cause our phone to go hay wire. Lol.

It's all good. Nothing to be upset about. And no reason for us to bicker about anything. We are all patiently waiting. Even us that have a jailbreak. Lets keep it positive and support the devs with positive attitudes. Cause that's what counts.

Thanks

I hope they can JB 7.1 and wait for it to release the JB then, because 7.1 would be a decent milestone for IOS 7 with 8 around the corner next year................

20. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    I made a mistake its @winocm ( 36.5k followers) its the real person, so kill me

Also I thought some of the same people on the original Dev team are on the evad3rs team?

guess planetbeing ( 194.8k followers) is not a good one to follow either? Oh I give up...... this site at times makes it hard to know real info because you would rather bash then give out real info....

I made a mistake and these two among a few others I follow for info. the only one that updates a lot ( not about JB all the time) is winocm
    From the evaders, planetbeing & pod2g are the only ones I actually pay attention to. Musclenerd never says anything useful, Saurik rarely says anything for jailbreak releases and I've never followed pimskeks. I don't even know why I was following @winocm but I guess I was! LOL!

Aside from that, I've always followed @p0sixninja since the Chronic Dev Team came out. @Chronic is a liberal douche, now and @tyler_nettleton only takes about how in love he is w/ his girlfriend!

I also follow @comex & @chpwn just in case they pull something out of nowhere!

Don't get me wrong....
    I deeply appreciate their hard work but I don't think holding onto every word they say on Twitter is useful. They'll finish when they're finished; everything in between is 'whatever.'
    Last edited by thazsar; 11-09-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone is a dud w/o JB. CallOnGV and SmsOnGV are awesome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Agree he's just trolling pay no attention :$
    What's trolling?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chula's Avatar
    Thanks

Patiently waiting...