+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lenovo Targeting iPhone Weak Markets

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Lenovo has high hopes for mobile in 2014 and beyond. The largest maker of personal computers plans to triple the number of markets in which it sells smartphones. The strategy
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Lenovo Targeting iPhone Weak Markets

Lenovo has high hopes for mobile in 2014 and beyond. The largest maker of personal computers plans to triple the number of markets in which it sells smartphones. The strategy behind the plan? To focus on emerging economies where Apple's iPhone is weak.

In particular, markets where Apple's iPhone is viewed as being too expensive are going to be heavily targeted by Lenovo.

“We have seen the first wave of success in Asian countries,” Chief Executive Officer Yang Yuanqing tells Bloomberg. “We provide affordable products for emerging markets. That’s very important. For those markets, the iPhone is probably not the best-selling product, Lenovo can be much more competitive.”

If projections manifest and efforts go according to plan, further expansion around the world could accelerate mobile devices to 50 percent of Lenovo sales by 2018, which would be up significantly from 20 percent today.

Source: Bloomberg

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait? I thought apple introduced a cheap phone for these markets? Oh never mind, I forgot the "cheap" iPhone 5C was $550! What a joke...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

dsg (11-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy what?
    Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Wait? I thought apple introduced a cheap phone for these markets? Oh never mind, I forgot the "cheap" iPhone 5C was $550! What a joke...
    Hog - U must be smoking something "funny". 5C - all colors - $99

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmgceo View Post
    Yea on contract, but who's going to pay $99 when one can pay $199 for a much better (hardware wise) device? That said, a "cheap" device would've been the iPhone5C at a price point of $200 16GIG unlocked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stolenpentium For This Useful Post:

dsg (11-08-2013)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 710 Posts

5C is a joke, biggest rip off in recent history
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    5C is a joke, biggest rip off in recent history
    How is it a joke? If they didn't release the 5C then there would just be a 5 as the cheaper phone. But not only did they make a cheaper phone, they made a cheaper phone, with better personalization with colors while still having a pretty good durability from it being reinforced by metal underneath the plastic. And that's not to mention the camera improvements over the 5.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justinf1119 For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (11-09-2013)

dsg
    Thanks

for a little extra you can get the 5s or are you a cheapskate?

Edit: Not to mention its a piece of ****, and not cheaper, than the better built iPhone 5
    Last edited by dsg; 11-08-2013 at 10:27 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmgceo View Post
    Most emerging markets are prepaid where handsets are purchased straight out.

Now someone light my bong…

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Edit: Not to mention its a piece of ****, and not cheaper, than the better built iPhone 5
    I think Apple did the right thing by heeding all the people bringing in their i-5's for backglass replacement.
    Some people are never happy.
    Apple's wrong if it doesn't do something about the easy-to-break i-5, it's wrong if it does with the 5c ... so they might aswell do the right thing and be damned as the wrong thing and still be damned.

Can there anything more nauseating than an ungrateful, whingeing brat ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

How is the 5c a piece of junk? It's better built then most of the android phones.

A lot of people in this world don't have the extra $100 to get the newest and best iPhone.

dsg
    Thanks

Then I recommend they save, the 5C is just the 5 in a new ****** plastic case(with a new camera), To make the 5C a worthwhile product it should be a lot cheaper and for the price they ask it should come with the A7 chip at least

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

hogcia (11-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Then I recommend they save, the 5C is just the 5 in a new ****** plastic case(with a new camera), To make the 5C a worthwhile product it should be a lot cheaper and for the price they ask it should come with the A7 chip at least
    So when they came out with the iPhone 5, the 4S should've been upgraded to an A6 chip?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just stop bad-mouthing Apple because iPhones are beyond your wallet.
    You're just making yourself look bitter and dumb - and p*ssing a lot of members off in the process.

dsg
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinf1119 View Post
    So when they came out with the iPhone 5, the 4S should've been upgraded to an A6 chip?
    lol, the 5c isn't a new phone just a repackaged 5 it should have come with the A7 chip because they say it's a new iPhone, so the price they are asking is ridiculous, ple

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    You're just making yourself look bitter and dumb - and p*ssing a lot of members off in the process.
    how do you know what I have to spend you've pissed me off by thinking that you know, also if I wanted a new iPhone I'd buy the 5s and leave the 5c well alone as the 5c is out of date.

I love most of their products but the 5c isn't one of them
    Last edited by dsg; 11-09-2013 at 06:38 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,327 Times in 5,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Really?

Because his opinion differs from yours, he shouldn't say it. I'd be willing to bet that @dsg has done more for this community in a week than you have in 4 years.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (11-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol, the 5c isn't a new phone just a repackaged 5 it should have come with the A7 chip because they say it's a new iPhone, so the price they are asking is ridiculous, ple

how do you know what I have to spend you've pissed me off by thinking that you know, also if I wanted a new iPhone I'd buy the 5s and leave the 5c well alone as the 5c is out of date.

I love most of their products but the 5c isn't one of them
    If the kept the 5 around it would still be the same price as the 5C and they have almost equivalent internals. Either they kept the 5 and made it $99 or the 5C for $99. Your logic is none.

And the 5 is out of date. The 5C is a new phone with slightly less powerful internals.

Ex: just because the galaxy mega has the internals of s3 doesn't make the mega not a new phone

dsg
    Thanks

any manufacture that takes old tech repackages it and claims it's a new product, are just ripping they're customers off. The 5c is the 5 in a new skin, yes they tweaked it slightly, but not enough to warrant that price tag or to claim it's a new device. They should state it's an updated version of the 5.

the Galaxy Mega is duel core where as the S3 is quad core, so it's not the same device.

Edit: If they kept the 5 around, more people would buy it over the 5c because they would think there getting a better deal, due to the conception that the 5c was a budget phone(which it isn't)
    Last edited by dsg; 11-09-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

any manufacture that takes old tech repackages it and claims it's a new product, are just ripping they're customers off. The 5c is the 5 in a new skin, yes they tweaked it slightly, but not enough to warrant that price tag or to claim it's a new device. They should state it's an updated version of the 5.

the Galaxy Mega is duel core where as the S3 is quad core, so it's not the same device.
    It is a new product

Well the s3 had 2 models, one with the quad core and one with a 1.5ghz dual core.

dsg
    Thanks

I disagree with you , the 5c is just a repackaged 5(with small modifications), Apple have done a great job at duping people

Green Apple
    Thanks

I disagree with you , the 5c is just a repackaged 5(with small modifications), Apple have done a great job at duping people
    Ok even if it is, how is it a ripoff if it's the same thing for the same* price?