+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fantastical 2 Calendar App Released for iOS With New Features, iOS 7 Redesign

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Many of you may be familiar with Fantastical, a popular Calendar application alternative for iOS that was released in November of last year . The popularity comes from the design
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default Fantastical 2 Calendar App Released for iOS With New Features, iOS 7 Redesign

Many of you may be familiar with Fantastical, a popular Calendar application alternative for iOS that was released in November of last year. The popularity comes from the design of the application, which many people agree was even better than that of Apple’s Calendar application.

On Wednesday, the team behind this popular Calendar alternative have released version 2.0 of Fantastical. It comes with a number of new features, as well as an iOS 7-inspired flat and bold design. You can check out the new Fantastical 2 video from the developers below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

Fantastical now works with both your Calendar events, and your Reminders. The application has also received better parser features, making the application more flexible in how to tell it to remind you of things, or how you tell it to schedule events for you. Week view has been added to the application's feature set so you don't only have to look at your schedule in month view, you can choose between dark and light themes depending on what your eyes demand, and a new extended keyboard is now available from the application on four-inch display devices to make inputting information easier among many other new features.

Fantastical 2 is not a free upgrade for those that bought Fantastical in the past; it is a separate purchase. On the other hand, the developers are offering a launch sale, just like they did with the original Fantastical. For a limited time, Fantastical 2 is only $2.99, but soon it will go back up to the regular price of $4.99.

If you want to grab Fantastical 2, you can do so from this App Store link.

Sources: Flexbits, App Store

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah it's a great calendar but no iPad version.

Thanks

I don't like buying apps that keep charging for newer version instead of improving the original version. I understand you gotta make money. Abandoning the current version leave a sour taste for current users, therefore, I am not buying the newer version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 8lias View Post
    I don't like buying apps that keep charging for newer version instead of improving the original version. I understand you gotta make money. Abandoning the current version leave a sour taste for current users, therefore, I am not buying the newer version.
    I agree. Or at least charge less for old version users. This is total ripoff.