+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 6 Rumors Reveal Expectations for Next Refresh

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We may only be one month removed from the launch of Apple's current generation iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, but rumors are intensifying that the iPhone 6 will be the
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,630
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

    Default iPhone 6 Rumors Reveal Expectations for Next Refresh


    We may only be one month removed from the launch of Apple's current generation iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, but rumors are intensifying that the iPhone 6 will be the "biggest" iPhone release to date.

    And when we say biggest, we actually mean biggest.

    Macotakara reported today that Apple's iPhone 6 will drastically reinvent the iPhone experience as we've come to know it.

    We're told that the iPhone 6 will be defined by a 1,920-by-1,080-pixel 5-inch display that delivers 440 pixels per inch.

    According to the report in question, Apple intends to make both sides of screen as "thin as possible" so that the iPhone 6 could be promoted as the first so-called phablet that can be operated and controlled with just one hand.

    Apart from this revelation, the report adds little else to the mix, save for affirmation that we will still have to wait until at least September 2014 to feast our eyes on this creation.

    Source: Macotakara (via AppleInsider)

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Very interesting we have to see what happens but definitely this will be my next iPhone to get. I passed on the iPhone 5s I'm using a regular iPhone five

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    Very interesting we have to see what happens but definitely this will be my next iPhone to get. I passed on the iPhone 5s I'm using a regular iPhone five
    Cool story bro, now go make me a sandwich

  4. #4
    Green Apple rodnutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 19 Times in 9 Posts

    I don't like Phablets!!!!!! If this holds up then this may be the first time I skip an iPhone upgrade.

    Sure I'd love to have a slightly bigger screen, but 5 inches is just ridiculous in my opinion. I might as well hold an iPad or laptop to my ear.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodnutz For This Useful Post:

    ecofrankenstein (10-30-2013), GnatGoSplat (10-30-2013)

  6. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    Very interesting we have to see what happens but definitely this will be my next iPhone to get. I passed on the iPhone 5s I'm using a regular iPhone five
    I had a 4 then a 5 and unless they make the 6 bigger I will be shopping somewhere else.

  7. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Everybody is freaking out about 5 inches. That's the size of almost every other phone. The iPhone is the smallest phone on the market, clearly people want bigger phones. And as someone with a phone with an almost 6 inch screen (which is usable with one hand, mind you), I find it laughable to call a 5 inch screen a phablet.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to theDEVIN For This Useful Post:

    iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-30-2013)

  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    I don't like Phablets!!!!!! If this holds up then this may be the first time I skip an iPhone upgrade.

    Sure I'd love to have a slightly bigger screen, but 5 inches is just ridiculous in my opinion. I might as well hold an iPad or laptop to my ear.
    you people are ridiculous. go out and hold an S4 in your hands for a while., there's no real difference in how it feels in your hands or your pockets.

  10. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    I don't like Phablets!!!!!! If this holds up then this may be the first time I skip an iPhone upgrade.

    Sure I'd love to have a slightly bigger screen, but 5 inches is just ridiculous in my opinion. I might as well hold an iPad or laptop to my ear.
    A 5" screen is NOT a phablet.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to NegativeBeef For This Useful Post:

    iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-30-2013)

  12. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,834
    Thanks
    303
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

    I don't mind the 4" screen and I'd be happy to use a 5" screen IF this three-year rumor turns out to be true!!!

    I'll be interested is seeing how Apple can turn 5" into a one-handed device, despite what other 5" users are claiming.

    And, I agree...5" is not a Phablet

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-30-2013)

  14. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I was surprised they called it a phablet as well. It seems based on the rest of the marketplace, it would be just a phone with a nice sized screen.

    This is just my thought, but if you are thinking you won't take the upgrade, I am sure they will consider doing something with a 5c like feel alongside it. In fact the introduction of the 5c when taken with this news could be seen as a way to establish two product lines, so that when the main one goes bigger, people still have an option, with a phone that will still be pretty powerful.

  15. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,834
    Thanks
    303
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by crackertime View Post
    I was surprised they called it a phablet as well. It seems based on the rest of the marketplace, it would be just a phone with a nice sized screen.

    This is just my thought, but if you are thinking you won't take the upgrade, I am sure they will consider doing something with a 5c like feel alongside it. In fact the introduction of the 5c when taken with this news could be seen as a way to establish two product lines, so that when the main one goes bigger, people still have an option, with a phone that will still be pretty powerful.
    +1
    Apple seems to be dividing their product lines to accommodate different users. Same quality products w/ differing features.

  16. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"I care a **** about these people who want bigger screens."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You know we can make the phones 15% slimmer than the last one."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Also we could give you more ram"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You enjoyed our Gold Iphone 5S. Would you like a platinum?"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Cheaper? We can do cheaper. Our next phones will be made out of cheaper, more elegant plastic"

    People, "Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple," Our next phone will be called iphone6 Air. You won't believe how light it is"

    People,

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to kalpesh78 For This Useful Post:

    xWalmartCandyx (10-29-2013)

  18. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    you people are ridiculous. go out and hold an S4 in your hands for a while., there's no real difference in how it feels in your hands or your pockets.
    I had an S4 and my hands are big enough to easily palm a basketball. One-handed operation is definitely not impossible, but not always that comfortable.

  19. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    The Note, Note 2, and Note 3 have one handed operation mode already. I came VERY close to buying one, but I got a MacBook Pro, and it works a lot better with my iPhone than a Note would. *shrug*

  20. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,834
    Thanks
    303
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    The Note, Note 2, and Note 3 have one handed operation mode already. I came VERY close to buying one, but I got a MacBook Pro, and it works a lot better with my iPhone than a Note would. *shrug*
    I do not have any experience w/ the Note lineup but I heard the one-hand operation was horrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    I had an S4 and my hands are big enough to easily palm a basketball. One-handed operation is definitely not impossible, but not always that comfortable.
    That's what I'm saying! Its doable but you might tear a tendon while 'doing it!'

    That's why I'm intrigued to see if Apple could really pull it off! I just can't see how getting wider will be comfortable for the masses
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.

  21. #16
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    Very interesting we have to see what happens but definitely this will be my next iPhone to get. I passed on the iPhone 5s I'm using a regular iPhone five
    Same here.

  22. #17
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"I care a **** about these people who want bigger screens."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You know we can make the phones 15% slimmer than the last one."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Also we could give you more ram"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You enjoyed our Gold Iphone 5S. Would you like a platinum?"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Cheaper? We can do cheaper. Our next phones will be made out of cheaper, more elegant plastic"

    People, "Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple," Our next phone will be called iphone6 Air. You won't believe how light it is"

    People,
    +1

  23. #18
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"I care a **** about these people who want bigger screens."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You know we can make the phones 15% slimmer than the last one."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Also we could give you more ram"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You enjoyed our Gold Iphone 5S. Would you like a platinum?"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Cheaper? We can do cheaper. Our next phones will be made out of cheaper, more elegant plastic"

    People, "Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple," Our next phone will be called iphone6 Air. You won't believe how light it is"

    People,
    The iPhone 5 has a bigger screen smart one

  24. #19
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"I care a **** about these people who want bigger screens."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You know we can make the phones 15% slimmer than the last one."

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Also we could give you more ram"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"You enjoyed our Gold Iphone 5S. Would you like a platinum?"

    People,"Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple,"Cheaper? We can do cheaper. Our next phones will be made out of cheaper, more elegant plastic"

    People, "Hey apple can we have a slightly bigger screen please?"

    Apple," Our next phone will be called iphone6 Air. You won't believe how light it is"

    People,
    Lolololol!!! Freakin' hilarious, that's how I've been feeling since the release of iPhone 4.

  25. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Newnan, GA, USA
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    First of all, "they" didn't call it a "phablet" (unless you're referring to MMi's Michael Essany).

    Secondly, I will say it's almost certainly NOT going to be a 1920x1080 screen. That will be another resolution for app developers to support and Apple just won't do it. That would introduce a lot of the same problems developers deal with for Android phones and tablets.

    The only way to avoid that is to quadruple the pixels (like what happened with 3GS --> iPhone 4 and iPad 2 --> iPad retina). That would be a 2272x1280 (horizontal) screen resolution, which is just insane. Just give me the same resolution as iPhone 5/5s and make it bigger. I really don't that PPI is reduced. I really don't.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts