Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Rumors Reveal Expectations for Next Refresh

Those phones with bigger screens actually take advantage of it by having menus and widgets and such on the screen. Just making a bigger phone imo isn't such a drastic change, unless they revamp the ios to utilize the extra space more.

My wife and I hate the larger phones feel these current ones are just right

I have a 7 inch tablet my phone should be no larger than 5 inches but the 4 inch seems right

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    you people are ridiculous. go out and hold an S4 in your hands for a while., there's no real difference in how it feels in your hands or your pockets.
    Actually I tried an S3 before updating from a 4S to an iPhone 5. It definitely felt nice to have a bigger screen but in the end I felt it was just a little to big. I have small hands so navigating around the phone with one hand was very uncomfortable.

I'm not all against larger displays but I just think 5 inches is a little over the top for any phone. Although I sold the S3 to get an i5 I still thought it was an awesome phone though!

In the end the size thing is just my opinion so please don't take offense to anything. I am not Apple fanboy nor a pro android lover. I just come here to read news and stay in the loop. And while this is a forum, we all come here to either agree or disagree with others. We disagree but I'm cool with that!

I would love to see the next iPhone big changes. I love my Space Grey iPhone 5S!!! and I'm an Apple fans ever since Apple came out with their first iPhone... To me the 4' is fine by far, but, just a slightly a little bit wider would be great and talking 5' hmmm... might be way too big for my hand.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I do not have any experience w/ the Note lineup but I heard the one-hand operation was horrible.

That's what I'm saying! Its doable but you might tear a tendon while 'doing it!'

That's why I'm intrigued to see if Apple could really pull it off! I just can't see how getting wider will be comfortable for the masses
    If you can't use the S4 with one hand then you must have the smallest hands out there.
    Last edited by Simon; 10-29-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Why the F!?! is Fapple launching a f***** a** phablet. Phablets are s***. That's plain out a retarded move.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't wait!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

5 inch display but able to type with one hand, is it going to look like this

I had the HTC Droid DNA for a little over a month. While being a nice phone with an awesome screen, it was honestly just too big for my liking (that and the battery life was god awful) I have the 5c now (really wanted the 5s, of course, but my wallet couldn't afford it ) and I honestly feel like the screen on the 5c and 5s is perfect for a cell phone. I feel like maybe a 4.5 inch would work perfect for a iPhone, but that's just me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrducati View Post
    If you can't use the S4 with one hand then you must have the smallest hands out there.
    Haven't used an S4. Just going by the many rumors that its a pain. I can palm a basketball; my hands are fine! LOL!

Thank Funk!
    In your face, handbaggable tiny-screen lovers!
    Heheh ... at last.
    Welcome to 2012, Apple.
    This will save Apple's bacon.

They'll probably carry on with the 3.5-incher for the handbag brigade and add the 5-incher to save themselves from a fate worse than Nokia.

If it's true, I'll go back to an iPhone as my main driver - on condition that they also add dynamic text-reflow/wrapping in browsers.
    I won't insist on Flash support - but it would make the iPhone a contender again.
    What with the hi-res upcoming iMini 2, this is turning into a beautiful autumn (that's Fall, for you Yankiedoodledandies).

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Why the F!?! is Fapple launching a f***** a** phablet. Phablets are s***. That's plain out a retarded move.
    Ask yourself this : - Is the fact of your small, lady-like hands the fault of Apple ... and should they be expected to pass over the opportunity to revive their declining market share just because you won't be able to fit a 5-incher into your clutchbag ?
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 10-30-2013 at 04:53 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

When I need A bigger screen I stream to my TV. My Ipad handles the other duties. After all, my phone is a phone first then a media player. Still, can't wait to see what they Cook up without Jobs...

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    When I need A bigger screen I stream to my TV. My Ipad handles the other duties. After all, my phone is a phone first then a media player. Still, can't wait to see what they Cook up without Jobs...
    Some of us need to browse the internetz from a phone too, you know.
    Ipads aren't all that pocketable, IYKWIM.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 10-30-2013 at 07:08 AM.

They should offer both a 4" and 5" version. That way those who like the smaller screen and those who want a bigger screen will both be happy!
    Last edited by The6uest; 10-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (10-30-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome...I get a great internet experience on my Iphone even better on my ipad 2. With that said my phone is my phone first. But thinking smaller would be better in regards to my ipad 2. Tempted to pick up the mini but why pay more for less screen right? Would hate for that to be the case for the next iphone especially if it kicks major buttocks.

Thanks

Im hoping for options as that is what we all want. Make the 5" screen. At the same time continue to make the 4" screen. I don't want a huge phone..i think its a waste of material. I was actually fine with the 3.5" screen, tho I do embrace the 4" screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Im hoping for options as that is what we all want. Make the 5" screen. At the same time continue to make the 4" screen. I don't want a huge phone..i think its a waste of material. I was actually fine with the 3.5" screen, tho I do embrace the 4" screen.
    Completely agree. The 3.5 was good, I love the 4".
    The only way I could see them doing it is if they can make a true edge-to-edge display and make a 4.5 inch in the same form factor.
    And "obviously people want bigger phones"? Then why do they always sell millions in the first weekend and are then sold out for weeks or months?
    They are doing just fine. If they do go with a 5" screen, I guess I'll buy a 5S. I doubt they will though...

I prefer smaller phones. I do want the biggest screen that will fit on the smallest phone body, but the body itself I prefer to be small. I want to see them shrink the bezels. It's almost 2014, iPhone's top and bottom bezels have always been huge and looks even bigger compared to newer phones. My hands are big enough, but I just don't see the need for my phone to be big. I like to see more tech packed into a smaller space anyway, miniaturization is cool.

Maybe it's because I'm old school, been around since it was cool to make dumbphones smaller, but to me it just looks ridiculous to see people talking on giant smartphones. The pic at this link for example: Motorola Droid Mini review: searching for a tiny flagship smartphone | The Verge pic of the guy on the left side looks way sillier than the pic on the right side, IMO. Kind of like a modern day version of the Zach Morris phone.

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    I prefer smaller phones. I do want the biggest screen that will fit on the smallest phone body, but the body itself I prefer to be small. I want to see them shrink the bezels. It's almost 2014, iPhone's top and bottom bezels have always been huge and looks even bigger compared to newer phones. My hands are big enough, but I just don't see the need for my phone to be big. I like to see more tech packed into a smaller space anyway, miniaturization is cool.

Maybe it's because I'm old school, been around since it was cool to make dumbphones smaller, but to me it just looks ridiculous to see people talking on giant smartphones. The pic at this link for example: Motorola Droid Mini review: searching for a tiny flagship smartphone | The Verge pic of the guy on the left side looks way sillier than the pic on the right side, IMO. Kind of like a modern day version of the Zach Morris phone.
    Tough.
    You've had the luxury of things your own way for a long time now.
    And those who've foregone upgrading their iPhone and defected to Android because Apple wouldn't get with the program are about to have their day.
    You should be happy that so many iDefectors will be returning to the fold at a time when Apple needs their $$$.

And if it so happens that Apple doesn't make a 3.5-incher for a while, you'll get a taste of what so many iDefectors have had to endure for the last 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast