+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Images of MOGA iPhone Game Controller with External Battery Pack Leaked

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Images of MOGA iPhone Game Controller with External Battery Pack Leaked

A new battery-powered “Made for iPhone” game controller from Android accessory maker, MOGA, was recently revealed via leaked images on Twitter. The controller features an angular design and features two thumbsticks, a directional pad, shoulder buttons, a pause button and four function buttons in a collapsible design. The twitter user @evleaks was the one who revealed the device. He also noted that it packs an auxiliary 1,800 mAh battery.

The gamepad is expected to work with Apple’s dedicated game controller framework which the company previously unveiled in June at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference. Apple specifically named Logitech, whose controller was leaked earlier this month and MOGA as “key partners.” The framework specifies three configurations for game controllers: two form-fitting variants, in which an iOS device sits inside the controller and is directly attached to the device and one wireless configuration.

The leaked Logitech controller seems to be following Apple’s “standard” form-fitting controller profile, with a directional pad, four function buttons and two shoulder buttons. The MOGA controller shows signs of using the ‘extended” profile, adding two additional shoulder buttons and two thumbsticks.

There doesn’t seem to be any word on pricing or availability for either controller as of yet though Apple did promise in June that the first wave of devices would be “on store shelves this fall.”

Are any of you going to purchase such a device?

Source: Evleaks (Twitter)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If there was iCade support, or a new iCade gets made that work as both iCade 'classic' and iOS Game Controller framework-compatible then yeah.

iCade and iControlpad set a standard that should be matched in any new controller made. But that is just my opinion...
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Green Apple
    Thanks

The right thumbstick looks impossible to use with the way the handles are designed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    From that picture it looks like the plug on the bottom is the kind for iPhone 5 and 5s/c so I'm assuming it wouldn't work with my iPhone 4? Guess I'll just need to get off my grandfathered in unlimited plan on Verizon and move to Android on another network if I want something like this.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,437 Times in 6,372 Posts

Hmmm, I was pretty sure that Verizon sold androids too!?!?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!