+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Continues to sell the iPad 2 Due to Consumer Demand

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Continues to sell the iPad 2 Due to Consumer Demand

Some observers were left wondering why Apple would continue to sell the iPad 2 for $399 after announcing the iPad Air and Retina iPad mini. The answer: based on new research from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners, customers are still buying the two-year old tablet. In fact, the iPad 2 accounted for roughly 22% of iPad sales in the September quarter, down significantly from prior quarters. It appears there is still more than enough demand for a cheaper, full-size iPad, particularly for the education sector. The report mentioned the following:

Despite this quarter including back-to-school sales, the iPad 2, which accounted for a third of sales for the prior six months, seems to have started to show some age, after several strong quarters," said Josh Lowitz, Partner and Co-Founder of CIRP. "Yet, the iPad Mini continued its relative share in the past few quarters, as customers seem to continue to like it as a low-price tablet alternative.
    The full-size iPad 4 continued to remain the most popular iPad in the quarter, accounting for nearly half of total sales in the US, while CIRP says the iPad mini tallied about a third of sales. Apple’s new iPad lineup sees the older mini starting at $299, the new Retina iPad mini and the full-size iPad 2 available for $399 and the new iPad Air beginning at $499.

Source: Consumer Intelligence Research Partners

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

You used to be able to buy an iPad 3 for the same price. Says the iPad 4 is/was the most popular..so what does the demand have to do with the second iteration? Its all about profits. Apple KNOWS how to make a buck and then some.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, at the time of buying my iPad in February 2013, I considered the Pad 2 or 3 as I wanted one with the 30 pin dock. In the end I went for the iPad 2 on price, battery life and running cooler than the 3. The Retina display on the 3 was nice, but the more pixels needs more power and backlighting. Also, the current wifi only 16GB iPad 2 (version 2.4) is not a 2.5 year old model. Apple refreshed production 1.5 years ago by moving from 45nm to 32nm wafer fabrication which extends the battery life by some 15 to 30% over the original iPad 2 (version 2.1).
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 10-26-2013 at 04:16 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post

The full-size iPad 4 continued to remain the most popular iPad in the quarter, accounting for nearly half of total sales in the US, while CIRP says the iPad mini tallied about a third of sales. Apple’s new iPad lineup sees the older mini starting at $299, the new Retina iPad mini and the full-size iPad 2 available for $399 and the new iPad Air beginning at $499.

Source: Consumer Intelligence Research Partners
    When old mini is 229 range new I may consider till then its my Asus