+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tweetbot 3 for iOS Released With Full Redesign for iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Thursday, version 3.0 of the highly popular third-party Tweetbot Twitter client has been released for iOS. Tweetbot 3.0 has been completely re-built from the ground up for iOS 7.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tweetbot 3 for iOS Released With Full Redesign for iOS 7

On Thursday, version 3.0 of the highly popular third-party Tweetbot Twitter client has been released for iOS.

Tweetbot 3.0 has been completely re-built from the ground up for iOS 7. It has been redesigned with the design principles of iOS 7 in mind, including all new flatter-looking tabs, white interface theme, thinner fonts, a taller navigation bar, and more. In addition, the new application supports a number of new features.

Notably, the update doesn’t come free, like most other App Store application updates do. Rather than offering the application as a free upgrade for existing users, Tapbots, the developers of the Tweetbot application, have decided that Tweetbot 3.0 will be a paid upgrade as a separate application. The application is on sale right now for $2.99, but after the sale is over, users will have to pay $4.99 to get the application. If you want it, we would suggest grabbing it before the sale is over.

Because it’s a separate application, existing Tweetbot users won’t find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store. To get the latest version of Tweetbot for iOS, you will need to head over to this App Store link for the iPhone/iPod touch, or this App Store link for the iPad.

You can watch the Tweetbot 3.0 video below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

Vimeo Link

Sources: App Store

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

I like it. Sucks it didn't come as an update but still worth it to me.

Thanks

I like it,now I'm waiting for a modmyi iOS 7 update :-)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Gonna git this now. Would be cool for Mmi app updated

Thanks

What new features does this edition even add? I uninstalled the original Tweetbot and downloaded the official Twitter app just because of how BS this is if it's just a flat UI update.

Banned
    Thanks

It sucks that they made it a paid update but the good side is I wont loose the great app on IOS6.
    I hate everything to do with IOS7, its too white and too bright. Everything sucks about IOS7 so not updating till at least the jailbreak comes out or IOS8 which I'm hoping isn't as bright and eye piercing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smith01 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I'm waiting for a modmyi iOS 7 update :-)
    Exactly. All these iOS 7 updates but MMI hasn't gotten that treatment. But I don't see the point in TweetBot. It's just twitter from a third party. Like it's almost exactly the same. I'd rather go directly through twitters servers than through a random 3rd part server then twitter servers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Exactly. All these iOS 7 updates but MMI hasn't gotten that treatment. But I don't see the point in TweetBot. It's just twitter from a third party. Like it's almost exactly the same. I'd rather go directly through twitters servers than through a random 3rd part server then twitter servers.
    Actually in speed/load times Tweetbot has been consistently faster than the twitter app. The all around app experience is faster and smoother IMHO.

P.S. Bought it without even thinking twice and I love it especially the swipe gestures.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The old version still works. So whats the point.

As for MMI. They are about as useful as the new Healthcare website when it comes to updating their App.
    Last edited by bobohwk2; 10-25-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobohwk2 View Post
    The old version still works. So whats the point.

As for MMI. They are about as useful as the new Healthcare website when it comes to updating their App.
    Unfortunately the MMi app is not updated in house. We are reliant on the tapatalk folks on that front, which is a whole other story that can't be talked about here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-09-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

I'm not getting any sounds with version 3

iPhone? More like MyPhone swifteh's Avatar
    Thanks

Using this and its really nice, but im not getting any notification badges even though i have them turned on, cant get them on the official app either, on the official app i can get the banners but no badge, on tweetbot 3 i get no notifications :/

Thanks
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 3,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swifteh View Post
    Using this and its really nice, but im not getting any notification badges even though i have them turned on, cant get them on the official app either, on the official app i can get the banners but no badge, on tweetbot 3 i get no notifications :/
    Yep notifications on iOS have been behaving really randomly lately for me. Facebook, EveryMe, Tweetbot3... All buggy.
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Yep notifications on iOS have been behaving really randomly lately for me. Facebook, EveryMe, Tweetbot3... All buggy.
    Really? That's weird... I have not had a single problem with any notifications on any apps. Every fav/retweet/follow etc. I get a notification for? Try turning them off and back on in the notification settings.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,469 Times in 3,563 Posts

Well, I hadn't turned notifications on in Tweetbot's settings (avatar > cog icon > account settings > avatar > Notifications >). Haha. N00b !!
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"