+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 7.0.3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Have been debating jail break on an iPhone 5 and IPad 2. iPhone 5 will likely not need jailbreak so can see going to ios7.x regardless. If I want better
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Have been debating jail break on an iPhone 5 and IPad 2. iPhone 5 will likely not need jailbreak so can see going to ios7.x regardless. If I want better custom functions will switch to android platform and a rooted device.

But iPad 2 or newer can really use a mouse. And you can not do that unless jailbroken. So hold off on iPad software upgrades until you jailbreak. Plus most add $100 to the price if jailbroken.

Apple TV 2 jailbreak is almost twice the price of an Apple TV 3 without. And focused on pirate activities maybe a little too much.

Regardless good luck with your choices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jesus™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.amos View Post
    I have a 5S, and I can confirm, the accelerometer is fixed. It's not perfect, as it is ever so slightly off, but it does reach the Green Background with "0". Although, I have a case on my iPhone. So that might be causing the ever so slight discrepancy. But it's good enough for me now. It was off by 3 degrees before.
    My 5S is still off the same 1 degree prior to updating to 7.0.3. So no it hasn't been fixed. Now I know 1 degree isn't much, but my main problem is with the fore and aft calibration, which is displayed in the level app by 2 lines, one on either side of screen. While playing a flying game my 5S thinks it's pitched away from me and the plane descends. In the end it comes to: I paid $750 for my iPhone, they'll keep giving me a new one until it's fixed.

Thanks

So this update doesn't fix the current issue with Control Center, where you cant change/skip songs or pause music. This I thought was a big priority since Apple iPhones are the stream of music devices. Apple, start listening to the people and not your QA.
    Bartle Doo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I'm on the same boat. I've been jailbreaking since the first iPhone. With iOS 7, I don't miss JB as much. Only thing that I would want off the top of my head is native tethering without having to pay AT&T.
    +1. to add I hate locked devices to both cell companies and os, I pay my bills and its my phone.

Thanks

Just upgrade over the air. iPhone 5 was on ios6.4. Now on IOS7.2 and it looks nice. Got tired if waiting, plus had to let the bugs get worked out first.

Over the air today will get you 7.2 still.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    That's what I was thinking, a jailbreak causes enough bugs as it is. We don't want more bugs on top of bugs. It would be an ant hill
    A Jailbreak causes more bugs? What in the hell are you talking about? Each one of my jailbroken devices run better and i have more control over it.

Looks like iJailbreak.com got the jump on Modmyi.com about Musclenerd confirming that 7.0.3 is SAFE to upgrade to.
    source: iOS 7.0.3 Untethered Jailbreak Still Possible, Confirms MuscleNerd
    Last edited by Pzone2310; 10-23-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    I agree with you. I am very content with ios7. I have been into jail breaking since the first iphone as well and I do miss some things that a jb offered but really I could care less about a jb at this point in time.
    I JB because of MyWi tether since I have unlimited and don't wish to pay ATT for this. Plus some nice operating system tweaks. Still with a 4s and 6.1.2. I just hope that JB apps get updated when a JB for ios 7x comes out.

From what I see about ios 7x, I don't really care for it as it has a few things that annoy me that I see from my wife's 5s phone.
    One of the reasons I'm still with 4s. One of these days they will listen to users and clean up 7x.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I honestly don't much care for a jailbreak anymore. iOS 7 pretty much killed my needs for a JB till maybe iOS 8. Plus my 5S will come preloaded with 7.0.3 in guessing so in just going to update my 4S today. JB has been killed mostly so update away I say. Don't see a reason not to be on the latest iOS 7.
    Yeah, there are fewer reasons for me to JB since Apple has added so many JB features to iOS now, but there are still several tweaks I miss. So I will be JB'ing whenever one is released for the 5S on iOS7+..

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I updated and saw they fixed the 'cursor' problem! That alone was worth it!
    What 'cursor' problem are you talking about?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (10-23-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Each to their BUT that's not why I JB! I do it for the sole fact it's my iDevice & ill choose to do with it what I please! Your comment was rather close minded, not all Jailbreakers are as u say "a****** and pirates"
    I wasn't talking for all jail breakers. I was speaking directly to him. And honestly, I was one of those people back on iOS 4. After about a month or two I stopped and only did it to try an app before purchasing them if they didn't have a Lite version. For iOS 4-6 it was for design customization and a feature here and there. Apple implemented new design and most of the features I used into iOS 7 by default. I'm just saying that I don't need a JB and if others want it they can do it. But the majority of the jail breakers were the same as me and only cared for the things that apple has implemented.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I wasn't talking for all jail breakers. I was speaking directly to him. And honestly, I was one of those people back on iOS 4. After about a month or two I stopped and only did it to try an app before purchasing them if they didn't have a Lite version. For iOS 4-6 it was for design customization and a feature here and there. Apple implemented new design and most of the features I used into iOS 7 by default. I'm just saying that I don't need a JB and if others want it they can do it. But the majority of the jail breakers were the same as me and only cared for the things that apple has implemented.
    Did you take a representative poll of jail breakers?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    What 'cursor' problem are you talking about?
    I was having an entire UI problem where I would type something w/ (let's say) two paragraphs. If I went back to add something to the end of the first paragraph OR wanted to write something in between the two paragraphs, then the cursor line wouldn't show up correctly. I'd have to fumble around a lot just to get the cursor to show. Hope that makes sense!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was having an entire UI problem where I would type something w/ (let's say) two paragraphs. If I went back to add something to the end of the first paragraph OR wanted to write something in between the two paragraphs, then the cursor line wouldn't show up correctly. I'd have to fumble around a lot just to get the cursor to show. Hope that makes sense!
    I had the same problem. Positioning the cursor behind or in front of a letter was next to impossible sometimes. Since it was never mentioned I assumed it was just me.

Seems to be fixed now.

Thanks

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pzone2310 View Post
    A Jailbreak causes more bugs? What in the hell are you talking about? Each one of my jailbroken devices run better and i have more control over it.

Looks like iJailbreak.com got the jump on Modmyi.com about Musclenerd confirming that 7.0.3 is SAFE to upgrade to.
    source: iOS 7.0.3 Untethered Jailbreak Still Possible, Confirms MuscleNerd
    I posted it here 2 min after it was tweeted

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaddestiPod View Post
    What about those still on 6.x.x waiting for a iOS 7 jailbreak!? Do we need to quickly upgrade to iOS 7.0.2 to avoid never being able to be jail broken on iOS 7!?
    Sad day for you man.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,834 Times in 6,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    I have never had issues, been JB since the beginning
    Well then, if you haven't had issues, then I guess that no one else has either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pzone2310 View Post
    Ah, so now a JB fixes any bugs in iOS and makes devices run better.

Good to know!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 10-23-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve11 View Post
    I had the same problem. Positioning the cursor behind or in front of a letter was next to impossible sometimes. Since it was never mentioned I assumed it was just me.

Seems to be fixed now.
    I originally thought it was a Twitter.app problem on iOS 7. Then I started seeing it in text messages and emails. I was really hoping someone internal caught it cuz it was very annoying!

Thanks

I get that from time to time and I'm on 6.1.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    I get that from time to time and I'm on 6.1.2
    Hmm JB bug? no wait no JB for 7x then ..... no its an ios bug? Wow

You would think this Bug would have been fixed long ago if in 6.1.2

Could it be some app in background? ios is terrible at closing running apps

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,834 Times in 6,151 Posts

How is iOS terrible at closing running apps? Do you understand how iOS is supposed to work with respect to memory management and closing apps?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    How is iOS terrible at closing running apps? Do you understand how iOS is supposed to work with respect to memory management and closing apps?
    If its so great then why do I have to close so many running apps in the background? Are you telling me they are not running and they do not use any memory while still opened? Really?

I want to exit an app and have it closed no process running, whats wrong with that? I had an app that did this with JB and it helped speed up my Iphone 4?