+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Airs a TV Ad for the Gold iPhone 5S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Airs a TV Ad for the Gold iPhone 5S

Apple recently premiered a new advertisement titled “Metal Mastered” during NFL games this past weekend. The recently released ad showcases the new gold iPhone 5S which has been one of the fastest selling items in the market since its release. The ad features the song “Ooh La La” by Goldfrapp and depicts golden liquid metal morphing into the iPhone 5S.

As the golden liquid turns into the iPhone 5S, the spot pauses to admire some of the device’s features such as the dual element True Tone flash before it is outfitted with a gold ring highlighting its Touch ID feature, which is immediately used by a finger to login to the newly formed device. As mentioned before, the TV spot is paired with the music by the rock band Goldfrapp. The song played is a disco inspired track with a punching bass guitar over sultry synth, both of which reinforce the flow of the liquid gold. Lyrics such as “dial up my number” coordinated with “I want to touch you, you’re just made for love” with TouchID, pans out to show the device running iOS 7.

Those of you interested in watching the video can do so below:

As many of you may have noticed, Apple has been heavily advertising the iPhone 5C on television in recent weeks but we haven’t seen much about the iPhone 5S. This may be due to the fact that Apple is tight on supplies for the iPhone 5S, in fact the recent ad even includes a “subject to availability” disclaimed at the end.

Source: Apple (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are they showing this when my d*** phone hasn't even shipped yet? What the h*** Verizon/Crapple?

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I laughed at the "Subject to availability" disclaimer at the end. Glad I decided to roll with the Space Grey
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Why are they showing this when my d*** phone hasn't even shipped yet? What the h*** Verizon/Crapple?
    Hey hey, chill out man. They have a supply shortage, there are millions of people trying to order one device from one company at the same time, they can't keep up with the speed of demand

Thanks

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the ad...

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got mine the other day and it is a really pretty phone!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinf1119 View Post
    Hey hey, chill out man. They have a supply shortage, there are millions of people trying to order one device from one company at the same time, they can't keep up with the speed of demand
    I know. I was just being funny. I was told (I irdered day 1) it won't be here till November. My luck that means last day of November. But it's funny how they are advertising yet they can't even keep up with the orders they have now.

What's Jailbreak? TrueLoyaltyInc's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly I love the phone and I loved the commercial... A friend of mine has verizon and ordered their gold iphone hours before me and I have AT&T... She got her's about two weeks after me... Is it possible that AT&T has seniority? Here's my set up with sony qx10 who's app is terrible... Included link to pics below!

2u7ncwo.jpg

2j26v6c.jpg

Thanks

I know. I was just being funny. I was told (I irdered day 1) it won't be here till November. My luck that means last day of November. But it's funny how they are advertising yet they can't even keep up with the orders they have now.
    So you want Apple to produce MILLIONS of gold iPhones without knowing if they are gonna sell them all and risk losing money? Kinda like the American car industry works? Build millions of cars, only reason they stay afloat is because of all the fleet sales, that and being bailed out by the US Govt which is shutdown btw. Yeah buddy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

I get the fact that they wouldnt produce as many not knowing the market demand, but I still think its a slap in the face when they keep pushing it and releasing it in new markets while 4 weeks later people are still waiting for their orders to be shipped. The new ads shouldnt have a disclaimer at the end mentioning availability, the ad should read - Apple iPhone 5s Gold, please go to the end of the line.

Thanks

I had no issue finding a Gold iPhone 5s..happy shopping :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I find the commercial unimaginative...............Gold nugget into a faked Gold color phone really?

The gold color will fizzle out in the end its just a Fashion trend and an Artificial "Hard to find phone" APple will be pumping out 100's thousands of these then they will not be so rare.
    Last edited by WHUDS; 10-22-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks

Wah, wah, wah! That's all I read on MMi these days. Nothing but ******** and whining.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Wah, wah, wah! That's all I read on MMi these days. Nothing but ******** and whining.
    Seriously is the Gold 5s any different than the other two colors? I see Chinese rip off gold rebuild cases on EBay coming soon if not already. This is so silly its just a color

Ok to add I searched the bay and yep there is one now for 160 usd, gold replacement back and housing with added Crystals on side lol rare! lol
    Last edited by WHUDS; 10-23-2013 at 05:05 PM.