+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Spapa' Lets You See a Timestamped History of Opened Apps and Folders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Every once in a while, you might lend one of your iOS devices to one of your friends for a moment so they can make a call, or browse for
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Spapa' Lets You See a Timestamped History of Opened Apps and Folders

Every once in a while, you might lend one of your iOS devices to one of your friends for a moment so they can make a call, or browse for something on the Web. While you might let them use your device for one of these reasons only, they might still go through your other applications and play around with things, and you might never know. Until now, that is.

With a new jailbreak tweak called Spapa by iOS developer ToolPod, you can actually keep a running record of the applications or folders that are opened during a given period of time. This will let you know what applications and/or folders your friend was actually using, in addition to the one that they asked to use, as shown above.

Spapa is Activator-based. This means that you will set an Activator action to use Spapa. When you invoke the Activator action that you choose, you will get the prompt shown below:

The three buttons are "Delete names," which resets your running history, "Start Spy," which will begin keeping track of the applications that are open, "Stop Spy," which will end keeping track of the applications that are open, and "Show Apps Names," which will show you all of the applications that have been opened during your spying session. You will get a loading box each time you enable or disable spying mode.

Spapa adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can set an Activator action of your choice to enable application and folder monitoring:

Spapa integrates with Locker, another of ToolPod's jailbreak tweaks. Locker locks down applications with a passcode. While using Spapa, any applications that are locked with Locker will display a check mark near the application icon.

We can definitely see how this tweak might be handy in trying to catch your friend in the middle of trying to do something they shouldn't be. If you want to give Spapa a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $2.00.

Name: Spapa
    Price: $2.00
    Version: 1.0-7
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: ToolPod
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks

Lmmfao @ 2 bucks hahahahhaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Great at free. Intriguing at a dollar. 2 bucks is cost prohibitive.

Previously known as weedsmart
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Lmmfao @ 2 bucks hahahahhaha
    Make something better and charge your own price. Btw the haha's make u look like a 12 year old, a simple lol will suffice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highboi View Post
    Make something better and charge your own price. Btw the haha's make u look like a 12 year old, a simple lol will suffice.
    Didn't make him look 12 to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been looking for something similar. Basically something that will show the last time apps were opened so that if it hasn't been opened in a certain amount of time I know I should just delete that app. Android has something like this (don't remember the name) but Apple won't allow it.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I've actually been wanting a tweak like this for awhile! I would never pay $2 for it though...