+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7-style Icons for iWork and iLife Revealed, GarageBand to Go Free

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Sunday, Apple appears to have changed the ‘Built-in Apps’ section of their Web site so that it shows iWork and iLife with their iOS 7 application icon counterparts; although,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 7-style Icons for iWork and iLife Revealed, GarageBand to Go Free

On Sunday, Apple appears to have changed the ‘Built-in Apps’ section of their Web site so that it shows iWork and iLife with their iOS 7 application icon counterparts; although, the Web site was quickly changed again to show the older iOS 6-style application icon styles. You can see from the screenshots above what the iOS 7-style application icons will look like.

All of the application icons have gotten get their appearance flattened as not to offer the effect of skeuomorphism. The GarageBand and iPhoto application icons match those spotted earlier this week in an iCloud link. Each of them has its own color gradient, and a white graphic overlaying the gradient representing the application's purpose. The Web site also offers a brief description of what each application can do.

Notably, this isn’t the only thing that Apple changed on the Web site. As MacRumors reports, Apple also made changes indicating that GarageBand would be included in the free application bundle for new iOS 7 devices along with the rest of the iWork and iLife suites (this has also been removed, along with the iOS 7-style application icons for the iWork and iLife suites, indicating that the information was prematurely released):

GarageBand is free on the App Store for all iOS 7 compatible devices; additional GarageBand instruments and sounds are available with an in-app purchase. iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7 compatible devices activated on or after September 1, 2013.
    It’s good to see that Apple will be including GarageBand in the free applications list for new iOS 7 devices, but also that Apple is getting ready to release updated versions of these applications that take full advantage of iOS 7’s new interface. The updated software is expected to make an appearance at this week’s special event, in which Apple notes "We still have a lot to cover."

Sources: MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-20-2013 at 08:41 PM.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 754 Posts

iOS 7 looks **** and so do these

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-20-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    To each their own... I think it's just a matter of getting used to them. Same goes for iOS 7. At any rate, it's better than seeing the iOS 6 icons on iOS 7.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,514 Times in 1,927 Posts

Totally agree...Faith is diminishing...Timbo & Ives are sending Apple to their death...Jobs will be horrified IMO...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

dsg (10-21-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Exactly. Thats why I'm still on IOS6.2.1 and not going to update ever. Maybe IOS8 but IOS7 sucks bigtime.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smith01 For This Useful Post:

dsg (10-21-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Exactly. Thats why I'm still on IOS6.2.1 and not going to update ever. Maybe IOS8 but IOS7 sucks bigtime.
    I must have missed the ios 6.2.1 update, lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    For the record, I highly doubt that Apple plans on switching back to skeuomorphism for iOS 8.0. That would be extremely counterproductive. What's it gonna take? iOS 9.0? iOS 10.0? 11, 12 ,13? You'll be contributing to the fragmentation of iOS.
    Having an iPhone since its creation, I take 7.0 as a breath of fresh air. Just my opinion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to back2thebeatof84 For This Useful Post:

dwizurd (10-21-2013)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,926 Times in 754 Posts

it's not a breath of fresh air to me more like a trip to play school/kindergarten

Edit: or to put it another way, it just doesn't look professional
    Last edited by dsg; 10-21-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.