+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Reportedly Decreasing iPhone 5C Production by 35% and Boosting iPhone 5S by 75%

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
[QUOTE=WHUDS;6955225]No it's poly carbonate and I have replaced the glass back of my 4 3 times, 3 and 3GS were both poly carbonate too so how many phones are made
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    848
    Thanked 448 Times in 235 Posts

    [QUOTE=WHUDS;6955225]No it's poly carbonate and I have replaced the glass back of my 4 3 times, 3 and 3GS were both poly carbonate too so how many phones are made like the 5 and 5 s ? Not many

    Hey that's what Jonny Ive said not me...

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    the 5C is less than $50 at Walmart, weather you love the iPhone or hate it, that's a hard price to ignore. I would consider getting one as a replacement for my son's iPod 4G but I dont want to activate a 5th line on my AT&T account.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

    WHUDS (10-20-2013)

  4. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    the 5C is less than $50 at Walmart, weather you love the iPhone or hate it, that's a hard price to ignore. I would consider getting one as a replacement for my son's iPod 4G but I dont want to activate a 5th line on my AT&T account.
    +1

  5. #24
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Flatbush, New York, United States
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The iPhone 5C didn't sell because Apple could never control the midprice market. period. Apple will forever be a luxury phone. Anything other than that then apple is doomed. Apple needs to stick to being the rich people's phone and that's it. My friend, who's an android user, says he uses Android for the satisfaction that if his $200 mid level android phone broke... he could easily buy another one.

  6. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts

    I disagree with the idea that Apple should be luxury only, for one thing some newer android phones are just as good and samsung is about to release a flexible curved screen, pretty impressive, one thing that IOS does better than Android is stability, Apple IPhones work about 99.5% of the time without crashing, I have a JB tablet and I would say 98% and for the older crowd Apple is easier to use.

    The older crowd do not spend high dollars on phones if Apple is to grow it needs to look at these other markets. In case you didn't know it elderly are going to out number the 20 something's soon if not already and 5c at 45 dollars WalMart is more their speed. My 72 year old father is thinking of dumping his flip phone for a 5c now so he can surf better on his phone.

  7. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,605
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 188 Times in 135 Posts

    I received a 5C from my work place. Its a decent phone but its the same as I had in my 5 before..just a new plastic exterior. Apple KNOWS that we love high end sexy phones. I mean they used to be wrapped in glass for crying out loud. Now we are reduced to a plastic phone that retails for $549?? I went out and purchased a Gold iPhone 5s and I must say, I have made the right choice...win!

  8. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    666
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    .... I went out and purchased a Gold iPhone 5s and I must say, I have made the right choice...win!
    You might think you bagged a winner with the 5S, I however see it from a slightly different angle.
    I bought a phone that is, regarding hardware specs, better then the 5S for half the money (I always have sim-free & no contract phones). Apart from that I have a huge choice of operation systems variations. The more choice the more freedom. Now the 5S has ... eh .... iOS 7.0.2 and future upgrades, no downgrade, no jailbreak.
    Hmm ... not much choice there then and to be honest stock iOS 7.0.2 is not really a reason to spend twice as much money.
    And for that reason I think I bought a winner.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 10-21-2013 at 01:03 PM.

  9. #28
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    You might think you bagged a winner with the 5S, I however see it from a slightly different angle.
    I bought a phone that is, regarding hardware specs, better then the 5S for half the money (I always have sim-free & no contract phones). Apart from that I have a huge choice of operation systems variations. The more choice the more freedom. Now the 5S has ... eh .... iOS 7.0.2 and future upgrades, no downgrade, no jailbreak.
    Hmm ... not much choice there then and to be honest stock iOS 7.0.2 is not really a reason to spend twice as much money.
    And for that reason I think I bought a winner.
    Ah! So you like messing around with your phone? Have fun.

    I've spent far to much of my life playing with phones, I now prefer something that works strait from the box without me having to 'customize' it to do what I want.

    iOS works without messing, if you like messing with your stuff then Android is great. For most computer phobic people or people like me who just can't be arsed anymore, iOS is better.

    Enjoy your phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  10. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I received a 5C from my work place. Its a decent phone but its the same as I had in my 5 before..just a new plastic exterior. Apple KNOWS that we love high end sexy phones. I mean they used to be wrapped in glass for crying out loud. Now we are reduced to a plastic phone that retails for $549?? I went out and purchased a Gold iPhone 5s and I must say, I have made the right choice...win!
    Well the poly carbonate is tougher than the glass back of the 4

  11. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 77 Times in 58 Posts

    5s and 5c sold out within 13 min online in Korea.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts