Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Six New Chevy Models Get Support for Siri's Eyes Free Feature

Thanks

Default Six New Chevy Models Get Support for Siri's Eyes Free Feature

Chevy seems to be giving car buyers even more options to access Apple’s digital assistant as the automaker recently announced that Siri Eyes Free support will be available in six more of its 2014 models. Citing a “remarkable” customer response to Siri Eyes Free, Chevy revealed that the hands-free iPhone operation feature would be built in to the company’s 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS, and Volt.

Siri integration will mean that customers with iPhones running iOS 6 or iOS 7 will be able to use those devices to make voice-activated, hands-free calls to their Contacts, play music from their iTunes libraries, send iMessages and add Calendar appointments.

For those of you who didn’t know, Chevy was the first automaker to integrate Siri Eyes Free into its vehicles, debuting the feature in its Spark and Sonic models in February of this year. Although Chevy was the first, eight other automakers initially signed on to integrate Siri compatibility into their vehicles in June of last year. Honda enabled Siri compatibility into its 2013 Accord and Acura models, making the Apple digital assistant a dealer-installed option for buyers. Other automakers building in compatibility with Siri include General Motors, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota and Chrysler.

Have you had any experience with Siri Eyes Free? If so, share your thoughts below!

Source: General Motors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Sweet! Im sure more auto makers will adopt this or similar tech of their own. Its the future of traveling.

We just bought my wife a 2013 Chevy Sonic LT Hatchback. The salesman was trying to show her how the Bluetooth worked and every time he held the call button Siri would activate. He thought he was doing something wrong or something changed. I thought it was the latter because I remembered this feature. I did a little research and found out this was the case. My wife loves it because she can do almost everything hands free. The only problem is that over the last few days it hasn't been auto-connecting when she starts the car. I have to find out what's going wrong.

I use the hands-free jb tweak in any car and Siri is "voice activated" without the need of a quaint push button and having to buy a new car for this ability. We're already way ahead of eyes free by just utilizing the phones vast capability and the power of software.

What happened to "ios in the car" ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    I use the hands-free jb tweak in any car and Siri is "voice activated" without the need of a quaint push button and having to buy a new car for this ability. We're already way ahead of eyes free by just utilizing the phones vast capability and the power of software.
    Wait, which tweak is this?