Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube iOS App Updated With Ability to Change Video Quality Over Wi-Fi

Default YouTube iOS App Updated With Ability to Change Video Quality Over Wi-Fi

Google has been busy today. Not only did they update their Google Maps application with improved faster navigation, more languages, and tips, but Google also issued an update to their popular YouTube application for iOS, bringing it up to version 2.2.0.

The update to the YouTube application brings a feature that has been demanded by users for ages – the ability to change video quality while on a Wi-Fi network. This has its advantages for obvious reasons. While it would normally select the best quality based on network performance, the user can now select a higher quality if they’re willing to wait for buffering, or a lower quality if they want to simply watch the video without waiting.

Google also added some improvements to the application for iOS 7, Apple's latest mobile operating system, and added some improvements for accessibility in Tuesday’s update.

Existing users of the YouTube application will find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of the YouTube application for free from this App Store link. If you rely on jailbreak tweaks like YourTube or ProTube, we would suggest waiting to update until the developers of these popular YouTube add-ons have confirmed compatibility or updated their tweaks.

Sources: App Store

My YouTube icon don't theme anymore after I updated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    That's probably because the icon name changed after the update. You'll have to go into your theme, bundles, and find the YouTube folder and change the icon name to what it has changed to so it'll theme again.

Anybody know where I can get v2.0 of YouTube? My gf hit update all in my AppStore at the release of 2.1.0 and now I can't use ProTube Extension. I REALLY need v2.0. Anybody know where I can find it (did not sync phone, so I can't delete it and backup from iTunes :<) I have the ProTube app but its not nearly as good as the extension for YouTube. Please help....
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 10-15-2013 at 08:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fattone66 View Post
    I added these icons: Icon_ent_2x.png, Icon_2x.png and Icon.png to the com.google.ios.youtube folder.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

Fattone66 (10-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I added these icons: Icon_ent_2x.png, Icon_2x.png and Icon.png to the com.google.ios.youtube folder.
    Thank you this helped.👊

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    That's probably because the icon name changed after the update. You'll have to go into your theme, bundles, and find the YouTube folder and change the icon name to what it has changed to so it'll theme again.

Anybody know where I can get v2.0 of YouTube? My gf hit update all in my AppStore at the release of 2.1.0 and now I can't use ProTube Extension. I REALLY need v2.0. Anybody know where I can find it (did not sync phone, so I can't delete it and backup from iTunes :<) I have the ProTube app but its not nearly as good as the extension for YouTube. Please help....
    Can you fill me on the differences between protube and the extension?

What we need is the ability to change video quality while on a 3G/4G network.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    What we need is the ability to change video quality while on a 3G/4G network.
    Thats why i prefer to use mctube, you can change quality even on 4g, and can play on background too.

Yourtube is still broken. (As of the last update.) Any plans to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by onski View Post
    Thats why i prefer to use mctube, you can change quality even on 4g, and can play on background too.
    Mctube was awesome before they were forced to remove cache. I'm recommended Mxtube(with.cache download) unless you want Mctube

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyGearIsaac View Post
    Mctube was awesome before they were forced to remove cache. I'm recommended Mxtube(with.cache download) unless you want Mctube
    I have the updated mctube and cache is already back.. Ive tried mxtube also and they're actually almost the same app. Both better than youtube app.